Hearthstone: The Bitchwood (3 Viewers)

stockings

Potential Patron
Excuse me, how can I modify those cards? What are the tools and methods used? Where can I get the original image? Can someone answer it?

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
Excuse me, how can I modify those cards? What are the tools and methods used? Where can I get the original image? Can someone answer it?
I used a program in development called Special K, and was able to replace the picture in game. however, I need to open the source DDS (from nudestone it was) and rebuild it with mips map super sampling, the result is something like the following:
The first card is just normal Ysera, second card is a successful replacement, and Third card is a failed replacement.
The tool can be downloaded (for now) at:
Kaldaien/SpecialK
I use version 0.10.1. newest version crashes my hearthstone.
some tutorial on installation and activation for hearthstone:
fast foward to Local install - manual install section. This is the easiest way to let it work on hearthstone.
Steam Community :: Guide :: An Unofficial Guide to Special K
tutorial on grabbing and replacing textures:
Steam Community :: Guide :: SpecialK - Dumping and Injecting Textures

Alright euhm people with more time than I do, go and explore! :D, I wouldn't be able to do such a big patch on my own as my study is already exhausting for me. good luck folks!

PS: don't forget to save the texture with mips map generation!

PPS: -force-d3d11!
are u a chinese?

heyihavequestion

Potential Patron
game crash when i use golden shattered C'THUN

I think Body of C'Thun card(spell) is causing a problem

anyone can check normal C'Thun has same problem?

sorry for bad eng

Pumbloom22

Casual Client
Here are my newest edits since my last post. This batch includes all the new Reward Track Hero Portraits (including ones not shown in preview), update to all the treant tokens, a few Darkmoon cards I was missing in the last update, a new Deadly Shot, all the C'thun pieces, and a couple Classic cards I've been wanting to change.

Next batch should have some Duels cards since I plan to grind Duels after I hit Legend this month.

Note: I've been having difficulties removing the added effects on some of the hero portraits, but i have managed to get them to look good enough in my opinion. At least its not a fully white picture, which tended to happen during my edits. To make them look the way I see them, you will have to extract every single texture into the inject folder, even if the texture looks blank.

Attachments

• track heroes 1.png
    track heroes 1.png
    817.8 KB · Views: 814
  • track heroes 2.png
    track heroes 2.png
    569.7 KB · Views: 812
  • track heroes 3.png
    track heroes 3.png
    318.3 KB · Views: 818
Pumbloom textures 5.rar
10.7 MB · Views: 453

stockings

Potential Patron
I want some help,Why can't I find my texture?and I want to extract all textures,Is there any quick way?
Q.JPG

TNet

Modder
Let me also share my day-1-trial for darkmoon race sprites, and my own brew on standard cards.

(210303) moved to the latest.

Attachments

• ivory.png
    ivory.png
    688.1 KB · Views: 1,199
Last edited:

Nanjunge

Potential Patron
I am beyond lost. Hearthstone just kind of gets stuck on the loading screen. If anyone wants to help a dude with 2 brain cells it'd be greatly appreciated

Xevras

Potential Patron
The game is working fine for me personally post update, the only thing I have a little unorthodox about my install of Special K is I had to grab the dxgi.dll from the 0.9.8 version as mentioned previously in this topic, because that fixed issues I had when originally trying to install it.
So after the new update, I couldn't play the game, The game crashed at start up or it looked like thisView attachment 118130

amazing

Casual Client
The game is working fine for me personally post update, the only thing I have a little unorthodox about my install of Special K is I had to grab the dxgi.dll from the 0.9.8 version as mentioned previously in this topic, because that fixed issues I had when originally trying to install it.
Wooow Thanks a bunch! used a whole day just to figure out other alternatives xD

btw was writing a tutorial on how to use the Special K v0.11.0.50

didn't know you'll reply this fast :D

Xevras

Potential Patron
Wooow Thanks a bunch! used a whole day just to figure out other alternatives xD

btw was writing a tutorial on how to use the Special K v0.11.0.50

didn't know you'll reply this fast :D
No problem! I just happened to be looking, lol. Trying to figure out how to do my own texture edits using it.

amazing

Casual Client
btw I found a way to still play the game with the newer Special K v 0.11.0.50 : Hopefully this will help some :D
First, download the new Special K here
and extract it on the Hearthstone Exe folder

cfe_LI.jpg

When you extract the rawr file you'll see a SKIF.exe file

here you need to white list the game, Now I don't know how I did this but my file path to HS is D:\Hearthstone So I put;
Hearthstone\\Hearthstone.exe To white list it, remember to save changes

Screenshot_108.png

Now you can start the game as normal If everything looks good press the
Start Service

Screenshot_109.png

Now if you did everything correctly this will show up press and hold [Ctrl + Shift + Backsteg]
Screenshot_111.png

And here is where you inject the textures
I just downloaded a bunch of different Textures and put all the .dds files in one folder

Screenshot_112.png

Here is where you put your textures, now I know its very cluttered, Hopefully, you guys can optimize this.
for some reason, I can't get it to work with different folders so I just dumped all the .dds files in one place XD

Screenshot_113.png

Ps: if you're new to this then go to page 10 theres a guy there who made a tutorial on how to do it try that first
PPs: how do i make all of this into a spoiler?
PPPs: if you're using my way aka Special k version 10, The game will crash if you have dxgi.dll in your hearthstone folder so you can just delete that and inject the textures in-game :)

Last edited:

Nanjunge

Potential Patron
btw I found a way to still play the game with the newer Special K v 0.11.0.50 : Hopefully this will help some :D
First, download the new Special K here
and extract it on the Hearthstone Exe folder

View attachment 118137

When you extract the rawr file you'll see a SKIF.exe file

here you need to white list the game, Now I don't know how I did this but my file path to HS is D:\Hearthstone So I put;
Hearthstone\\Hearthstone.exe To white list it, remember to save changes

View attachment 118139

Now you can start the game as normal If everything looks good press the
Start Service

View attachment 118140

Now if you did everything correctly this will show up press and hold [Ctrl + Shift + Backsteg]
View attachment 118141

And here is where you inject the textures
I just downloaded a bunch of different Textures and put all the .dds files in one folder

View attachment 118142

Here is where you put your textures, now I know its very cluttered, Hopefully, you guys can optimize this.
for some reason, I can't get it to work with different folders so I just dumped all the .dds files in one place XD

View attachment 118143
Ps: if you're new to this then go to page 10 theres a guy there who made a tutorial on how to do it try that first
PPs: how do i make all of this into a spoiler?

Thank you for pointing out page 10. This is the closest I've ever gotten to working. I did everything zzzerza said, and everything loaded, but I can't click on anything except the cog to bring up options and quit. Any advice?

whoami

Vivacious Visitor
Thank you for pointing out page 10. This is the closest I've ever gotten to working. I did everything zzzerza said, and everything loaded, but I can't click on anything except the cog to bring up options and quit. Any advice?
I had this issue, I swapped to special k v 0.9.8 and it works fine now. I did a post on page 16 about it, and while the issue I had then is not the same one you are having now, I have tried to go back to special K 10 several times and have had the Exact thing you describe happen to me. Just download Special K 0.9.8 then grab the Special K 32.dll out of there rename it to dxgi .dll (just like the page 10 instructions) and slap that in your hearthstone directory, overwriting your old one.

Nanjunge

Potential Patron
I had this issue, I swapped to special k v 0.9.8 and it works fine now. I did a post on page 16 about it, and while the issue I had then is not the same one you are having now, I have tried to go back to special K 10 several times and have had the Exact thing you describe happen to me. Just download Special K 0.9.8 then grab the Special K 32.dll out of there rename it to dxgi .dll (just like the page 10 instructions) and slap that in your hearthstone directory, overwriting your old one.

Thank you! Works perfectly now

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.