Hearthstone: The Bitchwood (7 Viewers)

TNet

Modder
Let me share my current status, rearranged for 2021 standard and included some Valeera BoH sprites.

See you in the Barrens.

(210513) moved to latest. Hearthstone: The Bitchwood

Attachments

• boh.png
    boh.png
    381 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

Duality

Club Regular
I have been following this thread for a while and I've noticed that a lot of older cards do not yet have any edits for Special K, but used to in the Bitchwood and Nudestone mods. I've converted a few of these cards myself along with some other edits such as with golden cards.

I also included a text file in case anyone wants to see exactly what cards have been changed.

Attachments

HearthstoneTextures.zip
11.2 MB · Views: 334

TNet

Modder
I have been following this thread for a while and I've noticed that a lot of older cards do not yet have any edits for Special K, but used to in the Bitchwood and Nudestone mods. I've converted a few of these cards myself along with some other edits such as with golden cards.

I also included a text file in case anyone wants to see exactly what cards have been changed.
Thanks for reminding us the old contents. To tell the truth, I intentionally dropped some of them in my brew since I'm quite negative for the Guro contents. It was not a good experience for me to see the bloodshed-beheaded-girl every day I play the ranked...
I'm also glad to see the new golden card effects and animations. Thanks!

Xevras

Potential Patron
Since this site is going to shut down, does anyone have plans on moving anywhere else for this modding project, or continuing it in some way?

TNet

Modder
Since this site is going to shut down, does anyone have plans on moving anywhere else for this modding project, or continuing it in some way?
I have no plans or alternatives. In fact I was looking into Barrens cards and I was not even thinking about it.
The clock is ticking, so it would be helpful if someone can provide any suggestions.

Xevras

Potential Patron
Yeah I joined the discord server already as a sort of backup but I didn't know who else would want to join. I'll look around for more a more permanent solution in the meantime. Was busy this month so I didn't really think much about it until recently.

TNet

Modder
Yeah I joined the discord server already as a sort of backup but I didn't know who else would want to join. I'll look around for more a more permanent solution in the meantime. Was busy this month so I didn't really think much about it until recently.
Can I ask you where? Undertow discord server? I'm not a good discord user and I'm quite lost by now.

Xevras

Potential Patron
Can I ask you where? Undertow discord server? I'm not a good discord user and I'm quite lost by now.
Yeah I joined the undertow discord server. There's an integrated link at the very top of the site here. Should open up your discord with an option to join it.

PervySage

Potential Patron
ok, I joined the discord do we have a channel yet? and does anyone know when undertow will go under?

Deleted member 132026

Potential Patron
Decided to try replacing some myself after long time lurking. I've done barrens cards for DH, Rogue, Paladin, Warrior, the heroes and a few neutral/core cards.
Great work, more modders is always better for more variety on card, but some of the art is a bit off center and look awkward on the actual card.

Last edited:

TNet

Modder
Great work, more modders is always better for more variety on card, but some of the art is a bit off center and look awkward on the actual card.

JFYI, here's my personal taste;

- For spells, I cut the image with 4:3 ratio, resize them into 512x384, then make it 512x512 with adding 42 pixels up and 86 pixels down. (or adding 64+64 then shift 22 up)
- For minions, I cut the image with 3:4 ratio, resize them into 384x512, then make it 512x512 with adding 64 pixels left and right.
- NEVER STRETCH the image into the size. If it is in the wrong ratio, I rather cut them instead.
- In some extreme cases I cannot cut image without losing key features (face boobs asses...) I use several image fill-up tools to making it in ratio. Even Windows10 basic provided MSPaint3D provides quite well functionality for those fill-ups.

runedsphere.png

Last edited:

kaulva

Avid Affiliate
JFYI, here's my personal taste;

- For spells, I cut the image with 4:3 ratio, resize them into 512x384, then make it 512x512 with adding 42 pixels up and 86 pixels down. (or adding 64+64 then shift 22 up)
- For creatures, I cut the image with 3:4 ratio, resize them into 384x512, then make it 512x512 with adding 64 pixels left and right.
- NEVER STRETCH the image into the size. If it is in the wrong ratio, I rather cut them instead.
- In some extreme cases I cannot cut image without losing key features (face boobs asses...) I use several image fill-up tools to making it in ratio. Even Windows10 basic provided MSPaint3D provides quite well functionality for those fill-ups.

Thanks for the feedback, i wasnt sure how much to resize the image by as i didnt want to just have the image cut off inside the in game box. ive fixed the ones i though were the main problem but in some cases it depends on how much dead space the image has at the border, if it goes right to the border i can only do so much to include the bits of the art i want and keep it looking decent, Square peg round hole scenario.

Also completely agree with stretching the image i'd rather be off centre and looks good than in centre but looks bad. Now my current block is what to replace murlocs with lol they've stumped me.

Edit: nvm i fixed all of them my perfectionist couldnt take it lol.

Last edited:

Pumbloom22

Casual Client
Awesome the site is back. I am going to go through my process of card editing this weekend. There is a lot that needs to get done from the new Core set, new hero portraits, and Barrins set and board. Really doesn't help that all the rank cards' Ranks 2 and 3 and tokens aren't visible in the collection book, hopefully Blizzard adds that feature. It is going to be a pain in the ass, but i will try to get every single new token and ranks 1-3 for every class.

I also plan to re-edit some of the older card edits. They just aren't doing it for me any more, ya know? This is going to be a long project, so expect it in pieces after the following weeks :)

Side Note: After reading TNet's process, i might as well add in mine. I noticed that the game doesn't really use the whole 512x512 for the arts so I've just been experimenting and trimming the art I want to use, flip it upside down, and then slapping it over top of the base HS texture. Usually works out for me.
These are my rough dimensions for the arts that I put on. (+ or - like 5 pixels for preference)
Minions: 505x376 pix
Spells: 405x510 pix
Heroes: 505x485 pix (still working on this, needs more testing)

kaulva

Avid Affiliate
Well went back to it fixed most of them and here is my pack at a point im happy with. Ive done most of the classes and heroes in barrens with only priest most of mage and all of shaman left out, plus a smattering of neutrals.

Its unorganized but i tried to theme classes around somthing for this expac with the art i used so sorry if its not for everyone and feedback appreciated.

Attachments

Kaulva-replacer2.7z
10.2 MB · Views: 246

vveic

Potential Patron
I have a problem of SKIF. I put Hearthstone in whitelist and start service. But the game automatically turns off when it is loading. I can't know this trouble. Please someone helps me D;

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.