G/V-string and (improved) corset (1 Viewer)

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
OK, I've done some searching and I'm a bit suprised these apparently don't exist yet - unless they're just named differently or something.

THIS POST IS FUCKING LONG IN ORDER TO GIVE YOU AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE ABOUT WHAT I WANT, BUT I BELIEVE THE REQUESTS THEMSELVES ARE RELATIVELY SIMPLE.

1) G-string or V-string - my English vocabulary in this area sucks so I hope I'm getting the terms right, but either way: we already have a thong in SDT, the default one, but what I'm after is something even more revealing and minimalistic.

Reference pictures in the spoiler. (Note: I know these are not perfect side views, but a) these were already a lot harder to find than I had expected, b) you can mostly see the back of the panties in SDT anyway so I think these should be helpful.)
Style 1:
photo-2.jpg

P1s1pz9W_120808_F9V6HeZ.jpg

Style 2:
102-campb_4.jpg

2015-G-string-Panties-Offer-Nylon-Explosion-Models-Female-Sexy-Underwear-Transparent-Mesh-Drill-Embroidered-T.jpg
If someone feels like doing both, that will be awesome, but if not, just one would do. Of course you can skip all the patterned details and make it as basic as the default underwear, but if anyone feels like trying their hand at anything more detailed and elegant, expect bonus cookies in gratitude.

2) Improved corset, most notably an underbust one - while searching I found out Dante actually made an awesome corset which I have somehow overlooked. However, from what I understand, he's busy with important stuff at the moment, so I'd like to ask anyone willing for help.

Screenshot to help me explain what I mean (that's the Dante's corset, part of the Minecraft Ghast costume):
corset_ref.png
Two main things:
1) It would be awesome if it was possible to make an overbust (i.e. covering her boobs) corset like this one that would "cooperate" with adjustable breast size - this one is fixed for fairly big (2/3 of the slider) boobs, although the awesome part is that it's RGB-adjustable and cooperates with body size adjustments. But if someone managed to also add breast size compatibility, that would be the best thing ever.
2) And the main request is simply... an underbust corset (i.e. one not covering her boobs). I was surprised we apparently don't have this one yet, as it's probably far easier to make than an overbust one.

Reference pictures (the girls are wearing bras on each picture, but it's the most clearly visible on the first picture how big it's supposed to be):
tuc001-side-black-brocade-corset-600x600.jpg

tuc003-side-black-long-torso-steel-boned-corset-600x600.jpg

buc224-side-black-corset-700x700.jpg

Important points for me:
1) RGB-adjustability would be awesome, and it's quite important to me that it should be compatible with body size slider (breast size slider is obviously not an issue in this case).
2) Detail is completely optional, the Dante's corset is a great example how to make it look great while keeping it very simple - but again, if someone is brave enough to try his (her?) hand at any flower patterns (that first picture <3 ) or such, bonus cookies await.
3) I added the garter belt on the screenshot for a reason - it would be amazing if the bottom end of the corset aligned with it just as perfectly as Dante's one. (It's a fairly common combo, I believe.)

That's it. Fame, fortune and eternal gratitude await any brave knights willing to take this quest.

stuntcock

Content Creator
1) G-string or V-string - my English vocabulary in this area sucks so I hope I'm getting the terms right, but either way: we already have a thong in SDT, the default one, but what I'm after is something even more revealing and minimalistic.
It's do-able, but it might be a somewhat underwhelming mod. The scandalous/tantalizing details aren't apparent in side view. What we would mostly see is: a narrow waistband. The viewer might assume that the girl is wearing a tiny belt instead of underwear.

1) It would be awesome if it was possible to make an overbust (i.e. covering her boobs) corset like this one that would "cooperate" with adjustable breast size
There was an attempt to do that, beginning a few months ago. The original requester stopped responding to messages, so I stopped working on the project.

If you want to revive the thread then we could proceed with the project. The source files still exist. Please note that it's strictly a Loader project, though. The breastSize-accommodation technique is not feasible under vanilla scripting constraints.

2) And the main request is simply... an underbust corset (i.e. one not covering her boobs). I was surprised we apparently don't have this one yet, as it's probably far easier to make than an overbust one.
From a technical perspective - yes, the underbust corset is easier to create.

From an artistic perspective - it's less interesting. The underbust corset feels incomplete. It ought to be paired with matching lingerie or garters, but these items do not yet exist. Without the whole fetish-ensemble, it feels silly ... because it doesn't actually act as a corset. It doesn't reshape the waist, it doesn't alter the posture of the spine, it doesn't constrain breathing, it doesn't create a visible indentation upon the skin. It can't even be worn under most SDT clothing, because it's too thick (it would tend to clip through an overlying T-shirt, for example).

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
It's do-able, but it might be a somewhat underwhelming mod. The scandalous/tantalizing details aren't apparent in side view. What we would mostly see is: a narrow waistband. The viewer might assume that the girl is wearing a tiny belt instead of underwear.
Essentially that's the point, really all I want are very revealing panties - ones that, well, are panties and you can see they exist, but do pretty much nothing to actually cover her butt. It should hopefully be a really simple mod for someone with at least a bit of modding experience (and possibly a base for some more refined versions, with frills or patterns or whatever), and I think probably quite a lot of people would find it useful just because how simple and versatile it is.

There was an attempt to do that, beginning a few months ago. The original requester stopped responding to messages, so I stopped working on the project.

If you want to revive the thread then we could proceed with the project. The source files still exist. Please note that it's strictly a Loader project, though. The breastSize-accommodation technique is not feasible under vanilla scripting constraints.
That is very nice, and I'll also chime in (I see tmb has done that already). I'd be absolutely interested in seeing it completed (and helping if there's any way I can do that). And it being loader-only is absolutely not an issue for me.

From a technical perspective - yes, the underbust corset is easier to create.

From an artistic perspective - it's less interesting. The underbust corset feels incomplete. It ought to be paired with matching lingerie or garters, but these items do not yet exist. Without the whole fetish-ensemble, it feels silly ... because it doesn't actually act as a corset. It doesn't reshape the waist, it doesn't alter the posture of the spine, it doesn't constrain breathing, it doesn't create a visible indentation upon the skin. It can't even be worn under most SDT clothing, because it's too thick (it would tend to clip through an overlying T-shirt, for example).
Actually I don't find any fetish aspect to be in any way appealing in case of corsets - they just tend to look really pretty (and I believe they can also be worn comfortably and not absurdly tight, as far as I know), and I don't think anything does a better job at being elegant clothing while revealing everything than an underbust corset with a garter belt (and, well, nothing but that).

And I really don't think not having any "dedicated" lingerie to go along with it is an issue - the default garter belt is really versatile and goes well with a lot of things, there's of course collars for the fetish aspect, and we've got an enormous arsenal of bras all over the forum (WW's lacy bra instantly comes to my mind) that can go along with it.

[On a side note, congrats on becoming a moderator, much deserved in my opinion ;) ]

VincentL: have you seen Grimey's corset (it's not perfect but as an underbust one) ? Grimey Loader Imports Index | Undertow
I have, it is indeed quite nice, but it seems to work in a very "oldschool" way... it seems to actually block any possibility of adding other clothes while it's on.

Faceless

Content Creator
Essentially that's the point, really all I want are very revealing panties - ones that, well, are panties and you can see they exist, but do pretty much nothing to actually cover her butt. It should hopefully be a really simple mod for someone with at least a bit of modding experience (and possibly a base for some more refined versions, with frills or patterns or whatever), and I think probably quite a lot of people would find it useful just because how simple and versatile it is.
If that's all you want, doesn't the vanilla high-leg panty already do that?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Essentially that's the point, really all I want are very revealing panties - ones that, well, are panties and you can see they exist, but do pretty much nothing to actually cover her butt.

There's a minor technical issue here - panties are drawn on top of the right leg. The rear section of a thong is usually curved and tapered to suggest that it's vanishing into the butt crack, but this visual trick isn't fully effective -- the taper moves around inappropriately if the girl leans too far forward or backwards. That doesn't occur during normal gameplay, but it's easily seen with fancy animtools positions.

Also - fullsize panties normally serve to cover (and thereby conceal) the linear seam across the girl's right hip (which is a by-product of the layering adjustments made by the Loader). Smaller panties fail to conceal it. They can also draw the eye towards the hip/waist region, which exacerbates the problem.

If you want a teeny-tiny G-string which actually rests between the butt cheeks then you'd need to use the Loader and fiddle with the layering of objects in the scene. The modder must also assign layering properties to specific sections (e.g. "this sprite fits between the buttocks" vs "this sprite wraps around the waist").

Full explanation here. The backside is comparatively simple; layering and blending at the front of the pelvis is much more difficult.

Apologies if I've derailed your thread with minutiae. I'm just trying to demonstrate that modders may have neglected this topic because their efforts have been stymied by the graphical limitations of SDT.

Of course: we don't need to solve these problems. It's entirely possible to create a G-string mod which uses the traditional tapered shape in order to fit the girl's butt.

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
It's not what I'm after, it looks really weird to me. :P The "side tie" is a bit more like it, it's just a tiny bit narrower than the thong.

There's a minor technical issue here - panties are drawn on top of the right leg. The rear section of a thong is usually curved and tapered to suggest that it's vanishing into the butt crack, but this visual trick isn't fully effective -- the taper moves around inappropriately if the girl leans too far forward or backwards. That doesn't occur during normal gameplay, but it's easily seen with fancy animtools positions.

Also - fullsize panties normally serve to cover (and thereby conceal) the linear seam across the girl's right hip (which is a by-product of the layering adjustments made by the Loader). Smaller panties fail to conceal it. They can also draw the eye towards the hip/waist region, which exacerbates the problem.

If you want a teeny-tiny G-string which actually rests between the butt cheeks then you'd need to use the Loader and fiddle with the layering of objects in the scene. The modder must also assign layering properties to specific sections (e.g. "this sprite fits between the buttocks" vs "this sprite wraps around the waist").

Full explanation here. The backside is comparatively simple; layering and blending at the front of the pelvis is much more difficult.

Apologies if I've derailed your thread with minutiae. I'm just trying to demonstrate that modders may have neglected this topic because their efforts have been stymied by the graphical limitations of SDT.

Of course: we don't need to solve these problems. It's entirely possible to create a G-string mod which uses the traditional tapered shape in order to fit the girl's butt.
Hm, I kinda understand. But generally, taking simply the default thong as a reference point, would this be hard to do? I think it would be perfect as a starting point, as essentially all I'm after is narrowing the middle part (i.e. the part that actually goes between her butt, whatever the name is).

(And detailed reponses are always appreciated, definitely not derailing. :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.