[Flash/Browser] Furry Fury: Beta on the Beach (2 Viewers)

dirtyc101

Ryonani Teamster
FF: Beta on the Beach

Howdy all,
About a year ago I released a Flash game called K. Fox & the Magic Sword. I've been brushing up on my code since then, and have made a mini-game to test what I've learned. I've posted it on Newground, link is above.

If you would, please check it out & let me know how it plays. My original game was pretty poor from a programming point of view. I think I've fixed all the hit detection problems, and the game can now spawn... well, shit I don't think there's a limit to how many monsters can be on the screen. I stopped at level 69 myself, although that was way beyond 'unplayable' imo. Anyway, that's really what I'm after. How many monsters is a 'reasonable' number with my new code. Of course, if you see anything that's obviously broken, I'd love to hear about that too.

Thanks!
-DirtyC101

Attachments

• beach1.jpg
    beach1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 553
  • beach2.jpg
    beach2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 463
  • beach3.jpg
    beach3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 552
  • beach4.jpg
    beach4.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 544
Last edited by a moderator:

noice1

Potential Patron
I gave it my best, but I truly suck at this game (not a design problem, error is the interface between fingers and keyboard). So I could not exactly test upper limits, but I did learn that mashing buttons will not crash the game or cause any other show-stopping bugs.

True Succubus

Potential Patron
A very good mini-game, i enjoyed it quite a bit.

Getting to twenty was tough, i mean i got to twenty itself but was taken down D: but then i put my serious face on and kicked (And licked) ass till i got to 21 >:(

And a hint to play (because i'm not telling you the passwords, that would defeat the point) is use the combo untill they get too close then use the special then combo again untill you take them down can't think of another strategy that would work.

I have to say, if you get grappled once, in a big horde, its basically over, unless you spam S and get lucky, so maybe a fix on that dirtyc101 and it starting lagging slightly at 13, other then that, for a minigame and beta, excellent work i await an update or more from you.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Interesting one, very nice if you enjoy the moves. I'd certainly like it more if it had more grapples. I also noticed that when grappled by a female, it's possible to simultaneously be grappled by a male from the back. If so, I'd like to see that move with two females.

The initial game is a bit hard because your health gets depleted easily and gets replenished slowly, but after getting the level 10 cheat code it's a breeze. But as TrueSuccubus said above, getting caught after a certain level makes it almost impossible to recover, so it's still a small risk.

My favourite strategy is to kill all enemies of one side using triple-A and S attacks, then going to that side to replenish health, then finish off the other side with triple-A, going back a little bit, triple-A again etc.

dirtyc101

Ryonani Teamster
but then i put my serious face on and kicked (And licked) ass till i got to 21 >:(

hahah, cool. Sounds like I managed to place the difficulty right about where I wanted it. Which is to say a skilled player could power through to level 20, but not on his first few tries. Noice1, Sorry to hear you're having trouble. As the others said, try interrupting the 3 hit combo with the 'S' or 'D' key once the kick attack comes out. In particular, I like using the 'D' attack on the last monster of each wave, as it's a 'slow' animation. Gives me more time to regenerate health.

Getting grabbed when there's a horde around you does pretty much end it all, although you can hold down 'S' & hope. I have to point out that this is a dream problem for me though. My last game maxed at 4 monsters, and the lag was pretty bad at that point. The idea of even having a horde on the screen was the ultimate end goal here, so seeing it work too well... well, yes, it needs to be fixed, but I'm still really happy about it at the moment. heheh.

Thanks for the comments!
-DirtyC101

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Hey again dirtyc, glad to see a new project in the works. Enjoyed the game but I couldn't get past level 13. No lag up until then, although I am on a rather nice machine. I have to ask though, what's dirtymode?

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Spamming the Power Attack can get you behind the wooden wall.
Using Power Attack or Power Grapple can kill you.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Well I was playing again and somehow got to level 44. The lag only got really bad when they all spawned at level 37 for me. Before that there was a little bit of slow down but it was manageable.

True Succubus

Potential Patron
Hey again dirtyc, glad to see a new project in the works. Enjoyed the game but I couldn't get past level 13. No lag up until then, although I am on a rather nice machine. I have to ask though, what's dirtymode?

Dirty mode is a little like Stimulates in Fox and the Magical Sword, it extends the grabs a hell of a lot more, but doesn't affect health regen, so if you put in all 3 cheats, even if you're getting double raped you don't lose any health in the end, because you're regenerating so fast.

M

maxmansupa

I'm noticing a trend here, the better ryona games seem to also revolve around furry content...

Tried the game last night, only got up to level 4, will try again later today.

KCRose

Potential Patron
The only issue I saw with lag was when they were ALL on the screen at the same time. For my system 14 seemed to be the max before slowdown. I got to 25 and the lag was the same as if I had 16 (These being number of monsters.. not level. Though I guess they're the same) I found out that you don't have to repeat press the keys, simply holding it down was working very well (I liked that a lot, thanks for that). Difficulty: Not that bad if you stick with noice1's tactic. I had more but I can't remember what it was. So, good job! I like it alot and can't wait for more developments from you.

Oh, I remember now. You mentioned that using the power grapple leaves you open to attack from the others, I actually tried to get attacked while doing such but no luck. Am I missing something or was it just not implimented yet?

S

strawberry yogurt

a bit of slow downs at lv10+/-, lags on lv20+/- (but i've got lots of things running at the background)

and i actually power-moved out of the border :O

anyway, all i did was holding "A" for 5~6 hits, move backwards or "S" if they're too close, repeat until the last enemy, then "D"

the gameplay actually reminds me of "karateka"+"kung fu" (on nintendo or something), and also resident evil1's multi-zombie-bite = gameover

i think maybe it'd be better if the armor goes down faster when multiple enemies're sticking on you while only one's allowed to touch you (if you're feeling lazy on doing the animation for multiple enemies)

and, about resident evil1, they solved that on resident evil2 by allowing you to push zombies away while breaking free
(but of course, it's an minigame/prototype? so i might've been thinking too much ;P)

;D

dirtyc101

Ryonani Teamster
Just wanted to say thanks for all the feedback on such a small game. :)

Dirtymode is all grabs last 4x longer, and health regenerates 4x faster. Thought it might be more interesting than a simple invincibility code. Goal was to set it up so death was still possible, but you could be double teamed more than once & still not lose. Think I set it too high myself, probably needs some tweaking (Maybe 3x would have been better?).

Breaking free from multiple monsters was supposed to be as simple as 'hold the S key'. But because I set up the flip kick to only hit one direction, it doesn't work so well once there's monsters on both sides. Something for me to work on.

And yeah, flip kick goes through the walls. I knew about it, but considered it a minor bug that most folks wouldn't even notice. Seems to be the most popular complaint/bug report, but then again I did ask for folks to test it. hahaha. It had been on my bug list since almost the very start, couldn't think of a good solution, & decided to release the game. Naturally, I thought of a solution the next day.

Kareteka + Kung Fu? Totally off. I was shooting for Kareteka + Final Fight. ;P And for those of you who remember Kareteka, I was considering adding a running mode where one hit would kill you. ;P

Oh, I remember now. You mentioned that using the power grapple leaves you open to attack from the others, I actually tried to get attacked while doing such but no luck. Am I missing something or was it just not implimented yet?

I did? Funny, I don't recall saying that. To be clear, you mean when you start the grapple, then press S to switch to the second position right? That should be the end of the grapple 'chain'. I think you mean you're looking for a double team from that grapple. There isn't one.

When that grapple gets released, you will have to deal with the pile of monsters around you. And if one of them grabs you the next one should start their own double team, but they shouldn't be joining in on your initial grapple.

-DirtyC101

Last edited by a moderator:
B

booku

This is a pretty enjoyable game for its simplicity. It will be awesome if you continue to build from this. Variety on the monsters and attacks and some randomness in the attacks will give it a nice touch.

???

Potential Patron
We do need more developer's like you around, honestly.....I'm gonna keep my eye on you.

jmonster141

Potential Patron
I do enjoy games like this, some of the things that I noticed is that there aren't, in my opinion, enough sex attacks, like there are only two positions for the girl-on-girl when you are attacking and only one sex position when you are being raped. I do know that this is just a mini-game, but I did really enjoy K Fox and The Magical Sword. I would recommend adding a few more sex attacks and brushing up the character sprites, I noticed that when you're forced to eat out the enemy it doesn't look like you are actually eating her out, but overall it's a pretty decent game, a lot better than most others that I have played.

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
Just got to playing it (it must have been what he was talking about). I thought it was an interesting game, in that it infact reminded me of Dynasty Warriors 6, in which you can keep attacking with miniual effort.

So far, I think it's turning out very good. Getting grabbed was an exciting experience, but I'd need to understand the game abit more to really get into it. It does feel original though, so good job on that. Loved K Fox and the Magical Sword also (in fact I don't remember beating it...), and in fact I'm willing to help you if need be. I personally want ot make beat-them-ups on Flash, but this is your game so I don't want to force anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.