Fall of an Empire - A zako story (1 Viewer)

gamefanatic

Swell Supporter
I miss when this story contained scenes of intense ryona and not just plot.
I guess that's one side. Personally, I like the story telling. Maybe thats why most of the fanfic zako stories end up having the author just lose interest, just focusing on ryona after ryona.

ZakoLover

Club Regular
I miss when this story contained scenes of intense ryona and not just plot.
Don't worry, the next chapter is about the Agent raiding a secret laboratory :tongue:

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

A preview of what is about to come :grin:

hammerhead_1.png
Hammerhead Researcher:
Hammerhead Corporation's employees who are responsible for conducting experiments and developing new technology.

hammerhead_2.png
Hammerhead Lancer:
Hammerhead Corporation's henchwomen who are tasked with capturing and controlling the test subjects.
They are equipped with Shocklances, which can incapacitate any target by the electric currents they deliver.

Hammerhead Gunner:
Hammerhead Corporation's henchwomen who are deployed when lethal force is required.
They are equipped with Tactical Visors, which greatly improve the accuracy of their aiming.

gamefanatic

Swell Supporter
ooooh I love the design of the lancer. As for the gunner, just.... lol. I'm hoping lancers get a bit more mercy if their weapons aren't lethal.

dinomoneyman

Master of this Domain
I guess that's one side. Personally, I like the story telling. Maybe thats why most of the fanfic zako stories end up having the author just lose interest, just focusing on ryona after ryona.
I agree with the sentiment, yes. A story helps out a lot, and just writing various ryona scenarios after another would get boring. But I also do think the pacing has gotten far too slow recently. pretty much nothing has actually happened recently, and most of what has happened is on the empire's side and thus purposefully mysterious. Even if this was a non-zako fic, I'd be pretty much begging for an action scene, major development, or something other than more exposition by this point. Love the story, it's great, but yeah, a little bit more action thrown in would probably go a long way. That, and spacing out the exposition-packed parts throughout the whole story, rather than making multiple clumps of exposition, followed by a lot of clumps of nonstop action. :wink::wink::wink:

ooooh I love the design of the lancer. As for the gunner, just.... lol. I'm hoping lancers get a bit more mercy if their weapons aren't lethal.
I'd be more worried for the unarmed researchers if I were you. :tongue:

Last edited:

ZakoLover

Club Regular
Chapter 6 - 1

Night had fallen, and with it had come the cold. Thanks to my suit, which provided thermal insulation even though it wasn’t too thick to restrict my movement, the cold didn’t have much effect on me. Couldn’t say the same for those scantily clad women though.

They were everywhere, patrolling the forest. Those masked guardswomen of Hammerhead Corporation. I wondered what went through the mind of whoever had designed their outfits when he or she made the lower parts of those guards’s breasts so revealing. Furthermore, from what I had seen so far, having big boobs must be one of the requirements for this job. Well, their appearances pleased the eyes, so I wouldn’t complain.

The somber darkness of night gave me a great advantage, which I intended to exploit to the full. Those girls weren’t able to see me, while I could see them. So no matter how many they were in this forest, it wasn’t too difficult to avoid them.

However, it didn’t mean that infiltration into the laboratory was easy. Far from it. Why? Because, the lab was underground.

I only learnt about it by eavesdropping the guards. The only things visible over the ground were several old storehouses. The entrance to the lab was inside one of them, and I hadn’t figured out how to go through it without being noticed. Moreover, even if I managed to do so, there were other problems. Since the laboratory was deep underground, my vision wasn’t able to penetrate its walls. I couldn’t know its layout as well as the number of guards inside.

Lingering outside wouldn’t solve the problem though, so I must do something. The best option now was to capture one of the guards and interrogate her. However, if I did so, sooner or later the others would realize that one of them was missing, so once I had commited, there was no turn back.

Making up my mind, I crept up to my intended target, a long haired Hammerhead guard. Like her colleagues, the girl was carrying a long metal staff, which I suspected to be an electroshock weapon which she could use to incapacitate her opponent. While it was non lethal, I wouldn’t want to get hit by one. So I was going to sneak up to her from behind and took her out before she could do anything. The girl was quite isolated from her friends so I could capture her without alerting the other guards.

I hugged her from behind. I used my left hand to clamped over her mouth, as I didn’t want to accidentally hurt her. My fingers could feel the curve of her soft lips trembled beneath the cloth mask. My other hand, which was made of metal, grabbed her right breast, restricting her movement. Too bad it couldn’t feel anything. The guard tried to struggle, but I whispered to her ear.

“Do not resist, or I will break your pretty neck. Now drop your weapon!”

The girl stopped moving, and did what I said.

“Good!”

She had better be obedient, since I didn’t want to kill her. This girl was a civilian. Armed, and indirectly working for the Empire, but a civilian nonetheless. So I wasn’t going to use lethal force unless I had no other choice.

I was only doing this out of principles though. It was not like I felt merciful toward her or anything. After killing countless young pretty girls, I had become more or less desensitized to their death and suffering. One more of those beautiful corpses wouldn’t make a difference.

It had been only a few months, but it felt like decades. Now I couldn’t help but laughing at my younger self, who was so disturbed by his first kill.

What is that girl’s name anyway? Yuki?

Yes, Yuki. The first Imperial soldier whose life was extinguished by my hand. There was nothing special about her by herself, but she was my first, so her death affected me the most. The current me wouldn’t think twice before killing her. I could have taken her head as a trophy though. Yes, I definitely should have. Out of the enemies I had killed, some were more memorable than the others. Like the crazy chick Haruka, or the Northern girl who had called me the Lady Killer. And the two commanders, what were their names again? Kirara and Miku? I remembered that I had buried their bodies. If it had been the current me, I wouldn’t have bothered. But I should have taken their heads. All five of them. If I had done so, I would have a collection now. Too bad the idea came to me too late.

Those girls were the only ones that stood out. I had forgotten most of the rest. They were nothing but small fries, fated to die by my hands. Yes, that was their fate. Their whole purpose. They may think that they had hopes and dreams, but those things were but illusion. They were born to be killed by me. There was nothing else.

Those thoughts are wrong though.

Yes, I knew that it was wrong. The reasonable part of my brain told me that it was unethical to think that way. But I couldn’t help but feeling that way. As if it was the most natural thing to do. Just like how they were born to be killed by me, perhaps I was born to kill them.

That's why I need principles.

Yes, principles. Principles are important. Those were the only things that made me different from someone like Haruka.

The Hammerhead girl twitched a little, bringing me back to reality and making me realize that I was still holding her. She must be very confused, since I had been hugging her for a while without doing anything.

I wondered why I was suddenly lost in thought like that. Maybe it was because this was the first time I wrapped my hand around a female enemy like this after a long time of hiatus. Yes, it had been a while since the last time I was holding a girl like this. I could smell her hair. The fragrance was sweet. She was so soft, and so vulnerable. With one single snap, she would die. It was so tempting.

Principles! Remember the principles! What will we become without our principles?

“I will remove my hand from your mouth,” I told the girl. “If you scream, you die. Understand?”

The girl nodded, and I let her mouth free. “What is your name?”

“Yuki,” she replied.

I was taken back by her answer. I didn’t expect to hear that name again, especially not right after I just recalled the encounter with that soldier of the Empire. Of course, this girl was not her. Putting aside the fact that Yuki was, without any doubt, dead, the girl was totally different from her. I could no longer remember Yuki's appearance, but I was sure that her boobs were not this big. So this was nothing but a case of two people who coincidentally had the same name. No more, no less.

“Okay, Yuki,” I said. “You are going to help me get inside the underground laboratory. If everything works out, I will let you go after I've finished my business.”

“I will help you. I will do everything you say. Please, don’t hurt me.”

“I won’t, if you behave. Of course, I need an assurance that you won’t turn on me.” I grinned. “It’s something called a small bomb.”

hammerhead_3.png

gamefanatic

Swell Supporter
Omg i love the drawing lo. Though i feel like thats a very awkward position to slip it in, i thought he'd just do it to her while she standing or something.

ZakoLover

Club Regular
It is as awkward as trying to restrict someone's movement by grabbing her boobs :tongue:
Suspension of disbelief, my friend :grin:

dinomoneyman

Master of this Domain
Ah, this character study. Trying to stick to principles and worried he's become too desensitized to killing. Good stuff.

ZakoLover

Club Regular
Chapter 6 - 2

4_manager (1).jpg

“Are we ready to begin the experiment?” Ashina Sayaka asked.

“Yes, … I think … we are …” Professor Sumeragi replied to the baroness.

“What is the problem?” Sayaka narrowed her eyebrows. “Are we ready, or are we not?”

“We can begin the test at any moment, but …” The professor said hesitatingly. “Are we really going to do it? They will die.”

“Isn't it too late for that now?” Sayaka smirked. “This is not the first time we do this, you know?”

“Yes, but …” Professor Sumeragi tried to hold herself back, but the emotion bursted out. “But they are the last. I can’t stand seeing anymore people die.”

“Oh, don't worry about that. They are not the last. My girls are going out to catch more test subjects for you." Sayaka giggled. Then she moved her face close to the professor’s ear, whispering. “And do not yell at me like that again! Or I will feed you to the B.R.A.I.N.”

Sayaka turned around and gave the ordered, "Let's begin the experiment!"

They were inside a very big room. The test ground was an arena at the center of the room, while the researchers with the equipment were surrounding it. At the first glance, it appeared that there was nothing that separated the two areas, but in fact, the arena was walled by an invisible force field. The force field made it physically impossible for anyone to bypass it, and it was the only thing that everyone present from being on edge. After all, there was nothing else standing between them and the monster inside.

A hatch on the floor inside the arena opened, and the monster was brought above ground by a small elevator. Another layer of force field was surrounding it, preventing it from freely moving around the arena.

Sayaka looked at the beast. Yes, it was a beast. That thing could no longer be considered a human. It was a murderous monster that would brutally slaughter anyone who was unlucky or stupid enough to cross its path.

howler.jpg

That was the result of the rivalry between Hammerhead Corporation and the incubation centers. They were the two pillars of the Empire, one providing the weapons while the other providing the soldiers. Nevertheless, Countess Kusakabe, head of Hammerhead, wanted to increase her influence. She longed to put her hands on the incubation technology. However, the centers were under the direct control of the government, so her dream would never come true.

Then, Hammerhead Corporation started to compete with the incubation centers in other aspect. They were planning to create their own super soldiers, contending with the experimental combat units. While the incubation centers created their mutants by altering the genes of the fetus inside the incubators before the fertilization, Hammerhead attempted to mutate people who were already grown up.

And the result was this abomination.

They were called the Howlers. Even though these test subjects gained superior strength, agility and reflex, their brains were also heavily damaged by the mutation, rendering them completely insane. They kept howling, and viciously attacking anyone nearby, hence the name. Since these monsters were dangerous to everyone, including their master, the project was considered a failure and terminated. Sayaka heard that the Countess had sent the head researchers of that program to the B.R.A.I.N as the punishment for their incompetence.

The surviving Howlers were kept hidden in Hammerhead laboratories, while the corporation proceeded to initiate other research projects. One of them was the combat drug that Professor Sumeragi was developing, which could temporarily turn a normal soldier into superhuman for a short amount of time. One of the Howlers was also assigned to this lab, and Sayaka was allowed to use it in any way she saw fit.

Another hatch on the floor opened, and from it emerged five women. They were the last of the death row immates that Zhou Min gave Sayaka. They all looked thin and deprived. That was the side effect of the drug. While it didn’t make them insane, their bodies were devastated after the effect went off. On average, the test subjects perished after the ninth doses. These women had used the drug seven or eight times. Most likely they wouldn’t survive the next. Since they were going to die anyway, why shouldn’t Sayaka make the most out of their death?

“This is your last experiment,” Sayaka told the prisoners. “Use the drug and fight that monster. If you win, I will let you go. Of course, your death sentence will be annulled.”

The women’s faces turned brighter after the announcement. “Really?” “We can get out of here?” “You are not lying, aren’t you?” “You will let us go?” Barrage of questions were thrown at Sayaka, and she smile, replying. “I promise. If you win, you will be free.”

“But who is she anyway?” One of the test subjects worriedly asked. “She looked dangerous. What will happen if we lose?”

“You don’t need to know who she is. But why do you have to worry? It’s a five-to-one fight. And you have the drug. It makes you super strong, doesn’t it?” Sayaka said. “Of course, if you don’t want your freedom, then you can go back to your cells.”

Immediately the other four yelled at the concerning prisoner, telling her to shut up, then they all accepted Sayaka’s offer. It was expected. They had never seen a Howler before, so they didn’t know what she could do.

“Let’s the test begin!” Sayaka declared. The force field around the Howler was deactivated, releasing it to the arena.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

“What the hell is going on?” I asked Yuki.

The Hammerhead henchwoman had helped me to get inside the lab, and now I was staring at a very big room through a window, where six women were fighting. One had her fingers grown into long and big claws, but considering that I had seen the catgirls, that was not really surprising. The problem was, she was completely deranged. Yes, she was even more insane than Haruka and that thirsty catgirl combined. She kept screaming while ripping the other women apart. Her opponents appeared to possess inhuman strength and speed as well, but their levels were nothing compared to the one they faced. Two were down, and it wouldn’t be long before the other three were slaughtered.

“I think … it is an experiment,” Yuki replied. “The one that has claws is called a Howler. I don’t know much about her, except that she is very dangerous. The other are test subjects. I heard that they are used to test a combat drug or something.”

“You are conducting human experiments? And killing them in the process?” I glared at the girl.

“I am just a guard,” Yuki screamed. “Please don’t hurt me!”

“Shut up!” I quickly clamped my left hand over her mouth. “Don’t you understand what will happen to you if we get found out?”

I intended to give these people some leniency since they were just civilians, but this was a bit too much. Nothing of value would be lost if they all died painful deaths. Nevertheless, I must focus on my mission. Now I had found out what they were doing, I should steal the data of their research.

“Why doesn’t the Howler attack the other people in the room?” I asked Yuki after letting go of her mouth.

“There is a force field between them, which prevents the Howler to get out.”

“The Empire has so many incredible technologies,” I mused.

I pondered my next move. I could keep sneaking around, but sooner or later they would notice that Yuki was not at her post. So maybe I should create a big distraction, and steal the data among the confusion.

“That force field ... it still needs energy to be powered, isn’t it?”

“Yes, I guess,” Yuki nodded.

A big smile broadened on my face. “Take me to the generators then.”

gamefanatic

Swell Supporter
Yuki is going to start getting the Rika affection if she stays alive, from me XD. Also wow never expected you to bring the L4D Witch into the story XD

ZakoLover

Club Regular
Chapter 6 - 3

Narumi let out a yawn.

She was bored, very very bored. There were still two more hours left until the end of her shift, so she was going to continue standing here alone, in front of the power generator room, for a while.

Being bored as a guard was not necessarily a bad thing though. After all, it meant that nothing happened, and no one wanted something to happen during her shift. Having the day pass uneventfully was the best outcome that someone like her should be hoping for.

Yes, Narumi! What do you complain about?

She didn’t have to patrol the forest above the ground. So in the rare case that there was an intruder, she wouldn’t be involved. She also didn’t have to guard the test subjects. They looked creepy and dangerous. She didn’t want to be near them. During most of the time she spent in this facility, she was here, doing nothing. Easy job, easy money.

Even so, she couldn’t help but feeling that her life was dull. She wished there was someone else here that she could talk to. However, the boss of this laboratory had decided that having one freeloader was enough, and she would never post another guard in this place. So Narumi was stuck here, alone.

Narumi heard footsteps. Who? People rarely went to this part of the facility. Narumi tightened the grip over the shocklance in her hands, cautiously looking toward the source of the sound.

A girl in a outfit similar to her emerged from the corner. She waved hand at her, “Narumi!”

“What’s up, Yuki?” Narumi asked, lowering her weapon. The girl was also a guard of Hammerhead Corporation, just like her. They were not really friends, but they had chatted with each others several times. “Why are you here? I thought that you were patrolling outside today?”

“Yes, I was,” Yuki nodded. “My shift has just ended. But I don’t have anything to do, and I remember that you are here alone, so I decide to pay you a visit.”

“How nice of you,” Narumi smiled. “Yes, I am fucking bored. Standing in this empty corridor is driving me nuts.”

“Yeah, but you are earning money for just standing, doing nothing. Sometimes I wish we can change places.”

“We should,” Narumi agreed. “I want to go outside and breathe the fresh air. And I want something exciting happens.”

“Well, you should be careful what you wish for,” Yuki said. Her expression was complicated.

“What do you mean?” Narumi asked. Then she realized that something was amiss. “By the way, where is your shocklance? We are ordered to carry our weapons all the time, aren’t we?”

“It’s here!” A new voice broke in their conversation. It was from behind her. A deep voice. Voice of a man.

Narumi tried to turn around, but before she could, she felt something cold and hard touching her butt. An electric current entered her body. She convulsed violently, drools coming out of her mouth, her nipples erecting hard, and urine flowing out involuntarily from her crotch.

hammerhead_4.png

All happened in a few seconds. Then Narumi collapsed to the ground, losing her consciousness.

hammerhead_1.png

The test was over.

This was not the first time Professor Sumeragi witnessed something like this, but she would never get used to such a scene of carnage.

The Howler was still screaming, tearing apart the bodies of its defeated opponents, making a gory mess of the arena. Without the force field, the entire room and everyone within it would have been covered by splashing blood and flesh. No, it was incorrect. Without the force field, everybody would have become parts of that gory mess.

“It’s a good experiment!” Baroness Ashina declared, content with what just happened.

“You think that is a good result?” Sumeragi asked, staring at the pieces of the prisoners’ remains.

“They lasted three minutes twenty seconds longer than the last group. It’s an improvement, isn’t it?” Ashina grinned. “It means that we are in the right direction. Just continue what we are doing, then finally we will create the perfect combat drug that the Countess wants. You should celebrate, Professor!”

“No … I don’t …”

“What’s up with your face? You should be happy!” Ashina smirked. “After all, we have invested a lot of money in your theory. So it should be a success. The Countess hates failures. You know what she did to the researchers of the Howler project, don’t you?”

“I … don’t want … to think about it …” Sumeragi replied, trembling.

“Don’t worry, you will be fine. In fact, you are going to be promoted after this project ended.” Ashina patted Sumeragi’s shoulder. “Okay, now clean up the arena.”

Sumeragi watched the baroness leaving the room. That girl was young. She was only nineteen. But despite her cute and pretty appearance, she was cold and heartless. She never hesitated to send other people to their death, as long as she benefited from it.

How did everything end up like this?

Sumeragi used to be an eager and ambitious scientist. She was always at the top of her class. She was smarter than everyone she knew. So she thought that she was going to be at the top of the world. When she was recruited by Hammerhead Corporation, she thought it was just another milestone toward her final success. Then she was offered to join their secret projects. They told her that once she joined, she wouldn’t be able to quit, but she paid no heed to their warning. She was smarter than them, what did she have to worry about?

And now, here she was. In an entirely new world, totally different than anything she could have imagined, she was terrified by what she was doing. But it was too late now. She had no choice but continuing. They would never let her get out of here alive. No, actually “not being alive” was one of the preferred outcome. Death was nothing compared to the imprisonment within the B.R.A.I.N.

Sumeragi looked around. The staff was about to begin the “clean up” procedure. They were going to use anesthetic gas to make the Howler sleep. After making sure that it was unconscious, they would take it back to its cell and wash the arena.

Suddenly all the lights went out. Everyone was startled, but the electricity went back within a few seconds.

“What happened?” Someone asked.

“I think the power generators malfunctioned. Then the secondary generators kick in and the power is restored.”

Yes, in addition to the primary power generators, this facility also had secondary ones in order to make sure that the power would never be cut for more than a few seconds. There shouldn’t be a problem …

“Professor, look!” A researcher screamed.

Sumeragi turned to where the panicked girl was pointing at, and what she saw made her heart stop.

The Howler had got out of the force field.

ZakoLover

Club Regular
Chapter 6 - 4

hammerhead_5.png

“A party?” Yuka asked.

“Yes, yes, Mom,” Rin nodded furiously. “Tomorrow, we younger girls will go wild and party hard through the night.”

Yuka narrowed her eyebrows. She didn’t like the sound of it, but she didn’t want to stop her daughter from having fun. While Hammerhead Corporation allowed senior guards like her more freedom, they kept tight control over the young girls. Junior guards like Rin were only permitted to leave this facility once every two week. So it couldn’t be helped if they wanted to let off steam after they were able to get back to the town.

“Are you going to fool around with boys, too?” Yuka frowned.

“Of course we are. That’s part of the fun.” Rin replied. “Don’t look at me like that! I am already an adult. I know what I am doing. Stop treating me like a kid!”

“I just didn’t want you to make the same mistake I did when I was young,” Yuka sighed. “After all, I …”

“Oh please, Mom! Just stop! You have told me that story for a million times.”

The current Yuka might be a responsible adult, but she didn’t act like that at all when she was a teenager. She ended up giving birth to Rin at the age of sixteen, and then raising her daughter for twenty years without a husband.

On the other hand, while it was tough, the hard life had changed her for the better. She didn’t regret it at all. Her daughter was the most important thing in her life. She couldn’t imagine how she could live without Rin.

“Just remember to … use protection, okay?”

“I know!” Rin scowled. “I am not planning to get pregnant any time soon. Beside, our company forbids it.”

Yuka sighed again. They were working for Hammerhead Corporation. Yuka still hadn't known whether becoming a guard in this place was the right decision. The people here were committing every kind of atrocities. However, raising a child alone required a lot of money, and it was not easy for an uneducated woman like her to get a high-paid job.

But she did indeed regret letting Rin come here. Since there were only two of them living together with each other for two decades, they were very close. They bickered all the time, but they loved each other a lot. Then, Rin asked to work in the same place with her. Yuka should have stopped her daughter. But the temptation of being able to spend more time with Rin was too great, and she gave in.

Rin was shocked when she learnt the truth about this place. Yuka felt like she was a horrible mother. But eventually Rin got over it, and she didn’t neither criticize nor judge Yuka. Now they just avoided the subject, and pretended that nothing unusual happened here. Yuka knew that it was not okay, but there was nothing she could do about it. At least they were always together, no matter what happened.

Suddenly, the alarm sound echoed the facility.

“What happened?” Rin asked worriedly.

“I don’t know. Let’s go!”

They went to the next room, where other guards were gathering as well.

“Report!” Yuka commanded.

“Yes, ma’am!” Her subordinate nodded nervously. “The primary power generators have stopped working. Then the secondary power generators started and power was restored. However, during that short interval, the Howler has escaped.”

“What?” Yuka was aghast. The news was worse than anything she could imagine.

“What should we do, Mo … Captain?” Rin asked. She looked as if blood had drained out of her face.

There was no way Yuka would let Rin be near that creature. So she gave the order. “Mika, Rin! You two go to the power generator room to investigate what happened there. The rest, follow me!”

“Yes, ma’am!”

Before they parted, Yuka moved close to Rin and whispered to her daughter’s ear. “Listen, Rin. If things get awry, flee to surface. Do not look back!”

“But … How about you?”

“Just promise me!” Yuka gritted through her teeth.

“Okay, Mom. I promise.”

“Good!” Yuka nodded and pushed her daughter away.

“Why did the electricity come back right after I destroyed the generators?” I asked Yuki.

“Because … we have secondary power generators,” shrugged the Hammerhead guard who had become my captive.

“Why didn't you tell me that sooner?” I yelled at the girl, grabbing her shoulders forcefully.

“Please … don’t hurt me!” Yuki pleaded, on the verge of tears.

I sighed. Taking it out on this stupid bitch wouldn’t help me accomplish my mission. The situation was bad. I failed to create the distraction I needed, and sooner or later, they would send people here to investigate the sabotaged generators.

“Let’s get out of here!”

“How about Narumi?” Yuki asked, pointing at the unconscious girl lying on the floor. That was the girl I incapacitated with Yuki’s shocklance. I had to admit that this weapon was very effective. With it, I could easily knock out anyone within seconds. It was too cumbersome to carry around though.

"Drag her inside the room!" I ordered. Yuki did as I commanded. After that, I barred the door from outside so that even if she woke up, she wouldn't be able to escape and inform the others about me.

"Let's go!" I said. However, just as we turned around, I saw two guards approaching through my vision.

“Two girls are coming here. Talk with them! Distract them!” I told Yuki, and quickly hide behind a corner.

The two guards came into view. They were wearing outfits similar to Yuki’s, but there were differences. Their suits were red instead of blue for starters, and instead of cloth mask, they had big googles over their eyes. Their crotch areas were also much more revealing. These girls obviously had shaved their pubic hairs, since I saw nothing coming out of their tiny underwear. It looked kind of cute.

“Rin, Mika!” Yuki called the two girls.

“Yuki? What are you doing here?” The girl on the right asked.

“After my shift ended, I was bored so I paid Narumi a visit,” Yuki replied.

“What happened to the generators?”

“I don’t know. They just suddenly stopped working. Narumi panicked, and she asked me to go ask for help.” Yuki lied.

“I see. In that case, there is nothing we can do. We should just wait for the technicians to come here and fix the machines.”

“But they won't come soon,” the girl on the left joined the conversation. “The Howler has escaped. Nothing can be done until it is captured.”

“The Howler has escaped?” Yuki asked. Her face went pale.

“Yes, but don’t worry. My mom will take care of it … probably …” The girl didn’t appear to be very confident of what she had said.

“Yeah, everything will get fixed soon,” the girl on the right patted her friend’s shoulder. “Cheer up, Rin. Tomorrow we will party hard!”

So it seemed that my plan was not a failure after all. The Howler had been released from the walls of force field, and the guards' attention was drawn to it. So I could continue my plan. But first, I had to deal with these two girls. There were two of them and both had guns, so giving them leniency would put myself in danger. Beside, after what I had seen in this place, I was not exactly in a merciful mood now.

I darted toward the girl on the right and wrapped my arms around her body from behind. I grabbed her hand, which was holding a sub-machine gun. My metallic fingers refused any attempt of resistance. I pointed the gun toward the other girl and pulled the trigger. After a burst of fire, the girl named Rin's soft body was riddled with bullets. She died instantly, dropping to the ground.

hammerhead_6.png

Then my bionic hand let go of the gun and moved to the head of the guard I was holding. I snapped her neck as easily as I would have broken the leg of a chicken. The strength of this artificial hand was incredible!

Yuki watched the two guards' demises in disbelief. “You killed them!”

“Yes, I did.”

“You are not going to kill me as well, are you?” She asked, trembling.

“As I said, if you do everything what I tell you to do, I will let you go after I finish.” I replied. "Anyway, you told me that the boss of this facility is a Baroness Ashina. Is that correct?”

The girl nodded.

“Good. Now take me to her place!”

saga55555

Avid Affiliate
Whoa! Poor family, daughter & mom? I don't expect Rin died.
They have cute relationship. That's really hurt my feeling :frown:

If Rin only half dead and unconscious. Mom fight hard and survive.
Then come to rescue her daughter and decided to quit this job for her or maybe mom die instead of Rin. It will be a nice touch.

Last edited:

gamefanatic

Swell Supporter
If Rin only half dead and unconscious. Mom fight hard and survive.
Then come to rescue her daughter and decided to quit this job for her. It will be a nice touch.
She took 4 shots all to the body, 2 of them to the heart area. Sorry she ain't living through this.

ZakoLover

Club Regular
Chapter 6 - 5

4_manager (4).jpg

“What is going on?” Ashina Sayaka demanded.

“I … I’m … not sure!” The guard stuttered. “It seems … the … the … primary power generators … have stop working … and … and … the Howler … has escaped.”

What an idiot! Can’t she say a full sentence without those stupid disruptions? Sayaka glared at the guard. What was her name again? Sayaka didn’t remember. But it didn’t matter. She would be driven crazy if she had to continue listening to this moron.

“You are dismissed. Wait for me outside!” Sayaka waved her hand, and the guard quickly left the room.

After everything was cleaned up, Sayaka would send that stupid bitch to guard the Howler’s cell. After all, the ones who were doing that job were probably dead by now, so replacement was needed. For now though, it was better safe than sorry. She should retreat to the surface. There was no need to put her life in unnecessary risk. That was the job of people of lower status.

There were important things that she must bring with her to the ground. Results of the research. The damage caused by the Howler could exceed her expectation. While guards and researchers were expendable, data was not. Therefore, she must preserve it just in case the worst happened.

On her table, there was a small metal box containing twelve capsules of the latest working version of Sumeragi's combat drug. Each of the test subjects took one dose right before their battle with the Howler. The effect was immediate. Within seconds, they had gained the superhuman power to fight that abomination. However, that condition didn’t last long. After seven minutes, their strength waned gradually and then one by one, the prisoners were butchered by their deadly opponent.

Seven minutes was not enough. Sayaka must raise the duration to at least half an hour before the drug could be accepted by the higher management. But it was only the matter of time. The result was very promising. At this rate, Sayaka doubted that she would need more than five hundred test subjects before she could perfect the drug.

“And now we are going to be set back by this stupid incidence!” Sayaka cursed. She couldn’t imagine how much time and money would be required to return the facility to functioning condition. She swore that if she found out who was responsible, she would make that stupid bitch one of those five hundred.

Sayaka looked at the computer. The copying was nearly done. After less than one minute, every relevant data would be stored in her memory stick. Then the guard outside would escort her to the surface. Sayaka was unamused by the fact that she would have to spend more time with the stuttering idiot.

Suddenly, Sayaka heard that stuttering idiot's scream, which was violently shut down by a burst of gun fire.

“What the hell?”

Sayaka didn't have to wait long before she got her answer. The door opened, and from it emerged a girl in Lancer outfit, and behind her, a masked man in black suit.

"Hello, Baroness!" The man greeted her with a smug voice.

How did things end up like this?

Yuka kept running, her heart pounding in her ears. She had always known that the Howler was a bad news, but she didn’t expect that it was this bad.

When she and the other guards arrived at the experiment room, they were horrified by the gory carnage before their eyes. The room was splattered by blood, and flesh, and organs, and bodies that were beyond recognizable.

Then the Howler suddenly jumped at them and started mowing them down one by one. The panicked girls shot back randomly in an unorganized manner. Even though they were all equipped with tactical visors that were supposed to greatly improve their accuracy, everyone was overcome by fear and they shot without properly aiming. Some of them were even killed by bullets of their own comrades.

Finally, their morale broke and they fled to every direction. The Howler followed suit, cutting its preys from behind. Yuka was lucky that the Howler chased after someone else instead of her. So she ran, and ran.

Now the only thing in Yuka's mind was Rin. She must go to her daughter’s place. Everything else didn’t matter. Once she found her, they would escape from this nightmare and never look back.

Yuka doubted that Hammerhead Corporation would let people who worked as guards at their secret laboratory easily quit like that. But worrying about it was the least of her priority.

It will be fine!

Yes, everything would be fine once they left this place. They could hide in a remote place where the Corporation would never find them.

Then …

Yuka heard the howling. From behind her. And it was getting closer and closer.

Yuka's heart nearly stopped. How?

She had no answer for that question, and she didn’t have time to ponder about it. What mattered now was she was going to do next. She was at a three-way junction. Turning right would take her to the power generator room, but doing so meant that she would take the monster to her daughter's place.

“Please be safe, Rin!” Yuka cried, and turned left.

She kept running and running. But it didn’t matter. Soon before her appeared a dead end. Yuka knew that it was going to be a dead end, but she took the left anyway, and by doing so, she had sentenced herself to death.

Yuka turned around and drew her pistol, waiting for her executioner, She didn’t have to wait long. The Howler had appeared at the other end of the corridor, its body covered by blood. While it was also wounded in several places, Yuka was sure that most of the blood was not its own.

The monster let out a loud shrieking scream, then it charge.

“Don’t come here!” Yuka shouted.

hammerhead_7.png

Even though she chose death herself, now she regretted that decision a little.

Why? Why does this happen to me?

Yuka kept shooting, but the monster didn’t slow down even a bit. One heartbeat later, she found its ugly face right in front of her. Then, she found herself flying.

It’s strange! Why am I so light?

Was she flying, or floating? Yuka didn’t know. Her head was also rotating in a high speed, so she couldn’t clearly see what was going on either.

Then, she saw it. A headless body wearing the same uniform as her. The Howler was grabbing that body and chewing its pair of huge breasts.

gamefanatic

Swell Supporter
Man this story went from rebellion vs empire skirmishes setting, to now a straight up horror setting lol. At least Yuka didn't have to find out about Rin's fate before her own demise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.