eevee tail (1 Viewer)

002A

Potential Patron
I am working on a hair of eevee (Pokemon) using the sprites from the game.

The hair is (mostly) done and it wold be great if someone could make a tail swf mod.

Attached is: the tail lazily pasted over a screenshot from SDT, the image with all sprite parts, just the tail, and the unfinished hair image

eeveeplz.png
eeveeref.png

tail.png
eevee.png

stuntcock

Content Creator
I am working on a hair of eevee (Pokemon) using the sprites from the game.

The hair is (mostly) done and it wold be great if someone could make a tail swf mod.
This one was pretty straightforward. Using Flash for pixel-art stuff is probably overkill, but it works reasonably well. And it was a fun little project :)

38l195Y.jpg

SDT-pokemon-eevee-tail.swf

The tail is registered as a BOTTOMS (i.e. clothing) item. It would be more thematically appropriate to use the BODY category, but BODY mods are influenced by HSLC sliders. By treating the tail as clothing, we allow the user to fine-tune the skin HSLC without inadvertently changing the color of the tail.

The hair is (mostly) done
The problem here is that the fluffy fur (mane?) will rotate w/r/t the head - leading to alignment problems. If the girl looks sharply up or down, then the fur may visibly detach from her neck.

We can ameliorate this risk by attaching the mane to the neck instead (as a COLLAR mod). There will be some layering issues. Ideally, we'd like for the fur to appear in front of the shoulder, while remaining behind the skull and jaw. These layering issues can be fixed by converting to a Loader mod. Let me know if you'd like to proceed with that. If you'd prefer to keep things simple (i.e. for compatibility reasons), then we can just drop the idea and leave everything as-is. You're free to use the collar SWF if you want to ... or just discard it and draw the fur onto the hairstyle PNG (as you did in your first screenshot).

SDT-pokemon-eevee-collar.swf

Let me know if you want to make any adjustments to positioning, scale, etc... Such changes can be made very easily.

002A

Potential Patron
Thanks!
It looks great, no real changes to suggest.

I may make more, so if I did want to do these in my own (the swf part), what tutorial(s) should I read?

stuntcock

Content Creator
It looks great, no real changes to suggest.
Do you want to do anything with the fur collar? As I mentioned above, we could convert it into a Loader mod (in order to address the layering problems) but doing so would hurt its compatibility somewhat.

If you intend to include the fur details within the PNG hairstyle, then we can just drop the whole SWF collar idea.

I may make more, so if I did want to do these in my own (the swf part), what tutorial(s) should I read?
The main hurdle to overcome is "learn how to use Adobe Flash Animate."

The UI contains some tools which are probably familiar to you (such as the Fill Bucket) and others which may be completely novel (such as the Convert Anchor Point tool). You should probably learn some of the principles of vector drawing (such as Bezier curves). You'll definitely need to chop your work up into many layers so that you can manage it effectively (reference layers, artwork layers, RGB layers, shading layers, outline layers, etc). If you want to do any animating, then you'll need to learn about keyframes and tweens. You'll need to familiarize yourself with at least a little bit of ActionScript - even if you don't want to write big "hacking" mods like Animtools, you'll still need a few lines of script in order to attach your drawings to the appropriate bodypart.

You don't need to tackle all of these topics at once! Here's the FLA source file for the Eevee mods. Feel free to open it up and tinker with it. You can learn some of the tools just by making a few minor adjustments (to size, color, opacity, etc), rearranging a few layers, and then observing the effects in-game.

Please make sure that you're using the Flash Player Projector content debugger instead of the regular Flash Projector. Your mod may generate errors, which can cause it to load improperly (or not at all). If you're using the debugger then these errors will be shown to you and then you can attempt to troubleshoot them. If you're running the game conventionally, then the errors will be hidden and your modding efforts could be stymied.

----------------------​

There's an SDT Loader Modding tutorial (written by @dantethedarkprince), but it assumes that the reader is already familiar with Flash; it merely covers the SDT-related nuances. You'll also want to grab the SDTModding zip file and Faceless' updated template file before you begin any serious Flash projects. If you're just

If you want to tackle one of the more tricky topics (such as breast slider, dynamic hair, or RGB sliders) then the simplest answer is to just ask for help on that particular topic. Someone can find a working demo FLA file and explain how it works, or take your own work-in-progress FLA file and add some rudimentary features to it (and then hand it back so that you can complete the changes).

I'd advise you to start with the "straightforward" mod types: static hairstyles, shoes, collars, etc. Such mods don't need to bend or stretch or animate, so they require less mastery of the Flash toolkit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.