Dynamic Hair Positioning (1 Viewer)

sclover13

Content Creator
Positioning a Dynamic Hair
so that is doesn't look like an abortion.

So,
you want to make a dynamic hair? Well follow this guide you little shit, Kona was kind enough to give you a simple ass guide.

Kona's Simple Ass Guide:
kona1.jpg

kona2.jpg

kona3.jpg

kona4.jpg

kona5.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Now,
You know how to make a dynamic hair! That's right! You draw your hair, then segment it into 2-4 different movie clips following the paradigm YourHairNameA, YourHairNameB, YourHairNameC, and YourHairNameD.

If you followed the guide correctly you'll have moving hair! Yay! That was easy wasn't it?

What? Your hair isn't moving correctly? It's all jumbled and fucked up and spaced oddly?
Well, that's because it isn't perfectly straight and/or you FORGOT YOUR god damn GUIDELINES! If your hair was perfectly straight all the origin points would line up correctly and things would move and swing with mighty feminine allure.

This guide is for all those you can make dynamic hairs but fail to align them properly (please use your guidelines - See Kona tut):

originpoint.jpeg

Each of the 2-4 movie clips you have made for your dynamic hair will have a "point of origin" or registration. This is represented as a plus sign on the movie clip. (You can decide the registration when making the clip initially... I almost always choose "top" registration).

misaligned.jpeg

When you make these and align your hairs you'll notice that they are not in straight line [as pictured above]. To function as intended these registration/origin points need to be in a straight line.

Next, let's fix this bitch:
draw_a_lline.jpeg

All clips for a dynamic hair are dependent upon the registration/origin point on YourHairNameA. This means you need to align the other points here. To do this I usually draw a line on a new layer on either the Dynamic Hair mod itself or in YourHairNameA (as shown in the picture).

movetheclip.jpeg

Next, let's align the other origins to YourHairNameA's. I accomplish this through by moving the entire clips of YourHairNameB+ -- not editing inside them. Moving them on the stage within the Dynamic Hair mod.

Smart children will see that once the reg/origin point is aligned it looks just like the fucked up final product.

moveart.jpeg

The last step, you little monsters, is to enter the YourHairNameB+ (B through D) and select all and drag and drop the art so it is visually aligned to YourHairNameA (C aligned to B, and D aligned to C). To drag in straight lines hold "shift" while dragging.

And there you have it! You're hairs will be aligned and will work correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

ModGuy

Content Creator
This is the best style of guide ever.
I won't use because I can't draw for shit, but it's worth a read just for the humour.

Good job on this.

sclover13

Content Creator
Thanks 8) I'm waiting for the hard critics' responses before I put together part 2 "Tips and Tits".

Also, again, kids... you can avoid this whole mess if you do more than scan Kona's guide (specifically his part about "guidelines"). Dynamic hairs are extremely simple and require about 15 minutes to complete if setup correctly (meaning draw the shit to be dynamic; trying to make something not created to be dynamic is a pain in the ass).

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i'm sby, and i approve this message.

i think the how to fix dynamic hair pics were enlightening.

Faceless

Content Creator
Something I've noticed is that dynamic parts tend to have some vertical distortion, so it won't actually appear where the .fla indicates it will in relation to the rest of the hair. That's not a problem if the part is self-contained and has a complete outline, but it's still something to keep in mind.

Kir

Content Creator
Just got Flash CS6 last weekend, but I failed at attempting to make dynamic hair. I followed every step in Konashion's dynamic hair tutorial but I'm still not used to the controls. I tried creating separate hair parts in photoshop then import them to Flash CS6. Unless it doesn't work that way?

can anyone check in this .fla file to see if I'm doing anything wrong?

btw, never mind the mess in my hair drawing, just want to know how it works. Thanks

[attachurl=1]

Attachments

dynamichair.fla
1 MB · Views: 292

Synonymous

Content Creator
Kir said:
I copy and pasted everything back into the templates and got it working... sort of.
First dynamic piece has no ball joint and I think the registration points are off on all of them.

[attachurl=1]

I'd trace the pieces in flash just so it's easier to edit with.

Attachments

yourhair.zip
525.4 KB · Views: 335

Kir

Content Creator
Synonymous said:
Kir said:
I copy and pasted everything back into the templates and got it working... sort of.
First dynamic piece has no ball joint and I think the registration points are off on all of them.

[attachurl=1]

I'd trace the pieces in flash just so it's easier to edit with.

Sweet thanks, +karma to you.

I can work the problems on ball joint and registration points. Just want to know how you were able to animate the hair. Can you explain that? I mean why I wasn't able to get that hair moving.

stuntcock

Content Creator
what is the tool you're using to make the dynamic hair
Adobe Animate (previously known as Adobe Flash, Macromedia Flash, etc).

Please note that dynamic hair projects are somewhat tricky. You can't actually "preview" the hair's behavior while editing it; you must compile and test it in-game. The appearance of the hair on your canvas will be very different from its appearance in-game -- it's definitely not a WYSIWYG editing scenario.

For these reasons, I'd advise you to start out with static hairstyles (or simple costume mods) in order to learn the fundamentals of SDT modding (such as AS3 syntax, template categories, etc). If you start out with a dynamic hair project immediately then you may get frustrated by the steep learning curve.

willwhitt56

Potential Patron
Adobe Animate (previously known as Adobe Flash, Macromedia Flash, etc).

Please note that dynamic hair projects are somewhat tricky. You can't actually "preview" the hair's behavior while editing it; you must compile and test it in-game. The appearance of the hair on your canvas will be very different from its appearance in-game -- it's definitely not a WYSIWYG editing scenario.

For these reasons, I'd advise you to start out with static hairstyles (or simple costume mods) in order to learn the fundamentals of SDT modding (such as AS3 syntax, template categories, etc). If you start out with a dynamic hair project immediately then you may get frustrated by the steep learning curve.
ive messed around with different tools here and there, im sure it wont be too difficult. Thanks for the warning though.

batta

Content Creator
Is there a template for Adobe Animate?
I do not understand the action script.
But I want to make my work dynamic.
Is there a more rudimentary tutorial?

batta

Content Creator
It became dynamic.
However, the hair enters the back.
Is there a solution?
bdn2Sgc.jpg

I want to do this
MSUB7yc.jpg

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I want to do this
You mean having her back strand going over the shoulder?
In my opinion, the result will look bad: the tail will pass BEHIND the ear and ABOVE the shoulder.

Also, you cannot really do it due to the layers configuration.

The only way would be to put the upper part of the static hair on the HAIR_TOP layer and the back dynamic strand on the DYNAMIC_HAIR_BETWEEN layer, and redrawing the static hair around the ear, otherwise it will be hidden.
This will make this mod usable only with normal ears
Anyway, as the back strand is quite long, it will go OVER the upper right arm and BELOW the right forearm (this is not a bug, it is necessary to have the blowjob position).

Both are minor issues, you may decide to go with them, but trust me, the result will look strange:
xZLQB0k.jpg

Read How to arrange layers in your hair mod for this kind of information.

Do not forget that you can also change the angle of dynamic hair in the corresponding settings, this could make it more apparent.

batta

Content Creator
I'm sorry. My communication method was bad.
When in this position.
ESgWoWP.jpg

Is it difficult?('◇')ゞ

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.