Dragon's Crown (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Looks like the DnD arcade games with hi-res sprites. That is quite disappointing it's only for PS3, but what can ya do? :\

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
PS3 and the newly announced PSV. Like DnD arcade mixed with Muramasa. Long time from release yet, but the sorceress from the game already has a ton of fanart...

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
If the voice quality of the ryona is going to be anything like their other games (can't remember the names right now), I'll be looking forward to videos of this game.

shiruken

Ryonani Teamster
Wow the females look ridiculous. The elf is fine and the sorceress isn't too bad except for the tits that would snap her spine like a twig, but the amazon looks like she has elephantiasis in her ass. Doesn't look like it will be any good for ryona but I like these kind of games anyways.

Gannes1414

Potential Patron
Yeah, the proportions for this game are bizarre. Not just the female characters, but look at that knight. His chest is like twice the size of his waist!

Maybe its just the art style. :rolleyes:

HoLeeSmokes

Potential Patron
Yeah the proportions are weird, but hey it something new. :O Can't complain personally ^_^;;... other than that its only on PS3 :P Wishes it on PC or 360. :P

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Dragon's Crown is a sidescrolling beat-em-up with RPG elements, developed by Vanillaware. There are six characters to choose from, 3 males and 3 females. In a recent video by IGN an enemy snake manages to capture and constrict the Sorceress.

You can see that here at 1:15

There are a couple scenes were zombies grab the character to. Based off of trailers and knowing Vanillaware's previous games there should be more than a couple interesting grabs in the game.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't notice I uploaded the wrong video. Should be fixed now.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Probably the only game I'm looking forward to for ps3.
Saw a zombie grab the Sorceress at 2:10.

Snake:
ibrHujQyNM4UAj.gif

Zombie:
iFp9wA5I2trhE.gif

Erobotan

Avid Affiliate
Thanks for the video (& the gifs :P)! I always love George Kamitani & Vanillaware's works! I'm currently working to save money to buy this game & a PS3 (yes I'm thinking of buying PS3 just for this game!!!) .. but sadly it doesn't go well T__T .. I'm still a poor NEET.

Erobotan

Avid Affiliate
I prefer Elf though I kinda regret that her clothing is relatively conservative when compared to the others T__T (still looks very good on her though)

Anyway, I hope that the game receive a comercial success because failure might make the Japanese think that the english speaking community hate fanservice .. especially after that kotaku incident which is also supported by Rock Paper shotgun.

maxmandude

Potential Patron
I thought that was already made clear with the Tomb raider remake?

besides if this game fails here in the US, it would be more a sign that we don't like full-priced beat-em-ups...which would really suck.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
I've been playing a couple hours of the game. Having lots of fun with it. I'll list the grabs I've seen so far. Obviously these are not all of the ones in the game.

ENEMIES
-Snake-
Like the gif above, it constricts the player. Constriction animation is slight different depending on which character you're playing as.

-Zombie-
Again like the gif above it will grab and bite the player. If you manage to knock one over and walk near it it will reach up and grab the player's legs, causing some damage.

-Giant Spider-
Giant spider that hangs from a thread. If you get too close it will grab and bite you.

-Mudman-
Large mud golem. Think Clayface from the Batman series. If you get too close it will grab you and pull you into itself, completely engulfing you within its body. It can also sink into the ground from which it will attempt to grab you from below. If it does it will reform itself around you, again engulfing you entirely.

BOSSES
-Harpy-
Will grab you in its talons, fly up into the air, then throw you down into the ground.

-Gazer-
Basically a Beholder. Sometimes it will attempt to chew on you. It will bite on your upper half while your legs dangle free. It can also transform players into frogs.

-Medusa-
A giant Medusa. She can petrify characters and grab them in her hands. She doesn't really do anything when you're grabbed. She just lets go automatically.

-Kraken-
When you first encounter the Kraken it is attacking the boat you are on. It can use its tentacles to grab players. I haven't really seen what it does if you're in its grasp for too long.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
I've been playing a couple hours of the game. Having lots of fun with it. I'll list the grabs I've seen so far. Obviously these are not all of the ones in the game.
Thanks Cnby! I think I will get the game too.

Any other female enemies in the game, I wonder. I saw a female vampire from some screenshots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.