[DOA5LR] Question: Do mods work on Steam with no purchased DLC? (1 Viewer)

Zunga

Avid Affiliate
I have the DOA5LR game on Steam but without any DLC. Can i just check whether anyone has been able to get the mods here working without purchasing the DLC.?

I found some instructions here:

How to run DOA5LR: Real Nude Mods | Undertow

but i can't seem to get it to work. So confirmation from anyone that this method works on Steam without any DLC would be very helpful. In particular I am trying to get the [DOA5LR] Complete Nude Remix:

[DOA5LR] Complete Nude Remix | Undertow

to work on my Steam account.

EDIT:

Okay this is odd - I got the nude pack to work but only by copying the entire game directory out of the steam folder and somewhere else. A lot of the stuff was in Japanese but that can be changed back to English in the options menu. Note that i simply added the DLCXXX = YYYYYY for the new mod after the DLC listed in the ini file which seemed to work.

i still have no idea why the mods only worked for me having copied the game to another directory but hopefully this might help someone else with the same issues.

Last edited:

Darklord666

Avid Affiliate
It works on steam without purchased DLC. It took me a while to found out how but it's rather simple. I prefer the nude core remix DLC 1.7. All you have to do is 1. put a DLC folder in the game folder and put the 169169 folder in there. 2. use a crack for the steam_api.dll. I used revolts crack. Edit the revolt.ini and add a line in DLC section: 014=169169.
Copying the game outside the steam folder also works but it forces to play on default settings.
Now I'm searching for a mod that makes the story mode HOT:wink:

tekmarvl

Swell Supporter
It works on steam without purchased DLC. It took me a while to found out how but it's rather simple. I prefer the nude core remix DLC 1.7. All you have to do is 1. put a DLC folder in the game folder and put the 169169 folder in there. 2. use a crack for the steam_api.dll. I used revolts crack. Edit the revolt.ini and add a line in DLC section: 014=169169.
Copying the game outside the steam folder also works but it forces to play on default settings.
Now I'm searching for a mod that makes the story mode HOT:wink:

If you do happen to come across such a mod that displays the female characters in story mode in all their natural beauty, could you let me know ? I have been searching around for such a mod myself.

siframe

Swell Supporter
You need archive tool or lnk reshuffle. Either is capable of switching mods into the place of default costumes, and follardo made a series of 'adjusted' story mode outfits and posted it over at lovers lab under the title 'alternative story mode'. His mods should be useful for costumes with hats, christie's black dress and Lisa's lab coat, all of which will mess up in different ways if you just put a straightforward nude in their place.

tekmarvl

Swell Supporter
You need archive tool or lnk reshuffle. Either is capable of switching mods into the place of default costumes, and follardo made a series of 'adjusted' story mode outfits and posted it over at lovers lab under the title 'alternative story mode'. His mods should be useful for costumes with hats, christie's black dress and Lisa's lab coat, all of which will mess up in different ways if you just put a straightforward nude in their place.

Thanks for the info siframe, much appreciated.

siframe

Swell Supporter
No problem! While you're over at the Lab you should be able to find the tools necessary too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.