Dialogue Help Regarding Animtools and Dialogueactions (1 Viewer)

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
I made a character folder for my dialogue, and found that when I'm running it, it can't seem to load a certain animtools position that I specify in both the given trigger and line attribute. To sum up, this line below isn't working properly:
Code:
button9_004:"And now,[HOLD][SHOCKED][FRIGHTENED_MOOD][ANIMTOOLS_POS-Frce-S]I'm going to make sure you really pay for it, whether you like or not.[button9_005]"{"style":"Him","set":{"position":"rapid_facefuck"}}
How do I fix this exactly, and what folder does dialogueactions load animtools positions from? I've tried implementing an "animtools_positions" folder within the settings folder that's within my character folder, but apparently the file path is too long now.

Side Question: In some loader dialogues, I've heard sounds where the guy seems to sort of shout or groan. What trigger is this exactly? Or have I been simply hearing things?

Last edited:

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Hi,

How do I fix this exactly, and what folder does dialogueactions load animtools positions from?

That's in the documentation. It loads from the /Settings folder which I'm not super fond of. Personally I'm in the habit of giving all positions a prefix of "Z_" so as not to clutter the folder.

Side Question: In some loader dialogues, I've heard sounds where the guy seems to sort of shout or groan. What trigger is this exactly? Or have I been simply hearing things?

I don't know which dialogues those are but you could do it with [PLAY_SFX_<filename>].

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
I don't know which dialogues those are but you could do it with [PLAY_SFX_<filename>].
Oh, so that's what it must be.

That's in the documentation. It loads from the /Settings folder which I'm not super fond of. Personally I'm in the habit of giving all positions a prefix of "Z_" so as not to clutter the folder.
Okay, I'll keep trying to see if the animtools position will load. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to reach a compromise with myself and use the default positions the game offers.

Dr Neutral

Content Creator
I made a character folder for my dialogue, and found that when I'm running it, it can't seem to load a certain animtools position that I specify in both the given trigger and line attribute. To sum up, this line below isn't working properly:
Code:
button9_004:"And now,[HOLD][SHOCKED][FRIGHTENED_MOOD][ANIMTOOLS_POS-Frce-S]I'm going to make sure you really pay for it, whether you like or not.[button9_005]"{"style":"Him","set":{"position":"rapid_facefuck"}}
How do I fix this exactly, and what folder does dialogueactions load animtools positions from? I've tried implementing an "animtools_positions" folder within the settings folder that's within my character folder, but apparently the file path is too long now.

Hi,
I don't know about the line attribute, but when I've done it the positions were located like "Loader5.45/Settings/animtools_positions/Your_Position.txt", and the trigger was [ANIMTOOLS_$Your_Position] (Starting with $, and using 'underscore' instead of '-'). Since V25 you can also have them in a folder, like "Loader5.45/Settings/animtools_positions/YourFolder/Your_Position.txt", and trigger them like [ANIMTOOLS_$YourFolder_slash5C_Your_Position].

EDIT: About the sound effects, you can put a .mp3 file like "Loader5.45/Mods/sounds/yoursound.mp3" and trigger the sound like [PLAY_SFX_$sounds/yoursound.mp3] (will play only once) or [PLAY_BGM_$sounds/yoursound.mp3] (play on repeat, like for background music).

Last edited:

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Hi,
I don't know about the line attribute, but when I've done it the positions were located like "Loader5.45/Settings/animtools_positions/Your_Position.txt", and the trigger was [ANIMTOOLS_$Your_Position] (Starting with $, and using 'underscore' instead of '-'). Since V25 you can also have them in a folder, like "Loader5.45/Settings/animtools_positions/YourFolder/Your_Position.txt", and trigger them like [ANIMTOOLS_$YourFolder_slash5C_Your_Position].

EDIT: About the sound effects, you can put a .mp3 file like "Loader5.45/Mods/sounds/yoursound.mp3" and trigger the sound like [PLAY_SFX_$sounds/yoursound.mp3] (will play only once) or [PLAY_BGM_$sounds/yoursound.mp3] (play on repeat, like for background music).
Thanks, although this is information I'm well-aware of already. I had the $ after the underscore (i.e., ANIMTOOLS_$), and even that didn't work for some reason. Perhaps I'll have to rename the animtools position to ensure it loads, and retry it with the $ sign.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
What does this line attribute mean, actually?
Code:
"set":{"position":"blowjob","end":"false"}}
Since I've inserted it in my dialogue because I wanted certain lines to be triggered only when she is in the default position, now she won't say them at all. And if this line attribute is inserted:
Code:
"set":{"position":"rapid_facefuck","end":"true"}
She won't say anything either then she is in this position: [ANIMTOOLS_POS-Frce-S]. Only the default linetypes the game has.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Hi again,

I think it's a good idea when troubleshooting to do it one thing at a time.

Start out with just [ANIMTOOLS_positionname] with the file in the SDT/Settings folder. Then you add whatever you're using the position variable for and see if it still works and then you keep going like that. It's always going to be difficult when you have no idea where the problem lies. I could have a look if you uploaded the dialogue.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Hi again,

I think it's a good idea when troubleshooting to do it one thing at a time.

Start out with just [ANIMTOOLS_positionname] with the file in the SDT/Settings folder. Then you add whatever you're using the position variable for and see if it still works and then you keep going like that. It's always going to be difficult when you have no idea where the problem lies. I could have a look if you uploaded the dialogue.
Actually, that would be a splendid idea. I'm not much good at the technical stuff of dialogues, anyway.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Hi,

I'm not sure that the issues you're having are necessarily related to the animtools trigger. Running it through the dialogue checker there were 92 issues excluding grammar. Get that down to as close to zero as you can first and I'll be happy to help you with whatever you get stuck on. I noticed that you had several lines like

general_blowjob_false

for instance that (unless you're using some technique I'm not seeing) will never get played. I assume you want this to get played as a general line when she's blowing him and the end variable is set to false? If so you'd need a line like

Code:
general:"[general_*position*_*end*]"

because currently nothing gets you there as far as I can tell. Also make sure to declare your variables in the inital_settings.

Last edited:

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Decided to close this thread for a bit in order to give myself time to understand everything before someone else posted on here again. Anyway, I was able to fix the problem I was having with those lines. So far, my dialogue's been doing well. So, much thanks to DigitalSmutExports DigitalSmutExports .

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Let me know if you want the thread "locked".
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.