Dead or Alive series (6 Viewers)

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Wait, ummm, but can't you already change the haircuts in the console game by pushin' different buttons n' stuff when you pick a character?
I know I did that before...
I thought the new haircuts we're seein' were just like that. Just options you can choose. Is that not what's goin' on?

I think so, there will almost certainly be the option to not use the new bobcut for Momiji. However, since part of the fun of the updated game was that they were introducing new hairstyles for some of the characters, it's a bit of a bummer that Momiji's option is so lame (and it looks like each character is only getting one new hairstyle, so it's the original cut or nothing for Momiji). I spent a year in Japan, and that's a haircut you would only see on girls between 3-9 years old. Anyone wearing that hairstyle at an older age was at risk of being made fun of. What are they going for with that haircut? Who knows...

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I spent a year in Japan, and that's a haircut you would only see on girls between 3-9 years old. Anyone wearing that hairstyle at an older age was at risk of being made fun of. What are they going for with that haircut? Who knows...

The same thing when they introduced Marie Rose. The lolicons.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I like bobcuts so I like it. Declaring if I ryona her she is in that hair style. Don't worry every other vid of her will be ponytail.

I like it too because just the loose long hair is boring. Everyone has it and half the cast looks the same when you put it on

glutton

Potential Patron
A little over 9 minutes into the video -

Honoka's losing animation is pretty cute - I love how she tries to push herself up, she's tough XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Japanese

Vivacious Visitor
So can't wait to play the new DOA Last Round. My favorite character to abuse is Tina. I know many love to use her to dish out punishment. Me, I prefer giving her the punishment.

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
I been playin' this a lot since it came out. Woooowww I never realized how complicated the fight system is! I finally finished the wholllle tutorial thing and just...whoaaaaa. >_>; I'm never gonna be good at THIS one, haha.

I also been getting lotsa trophies, buuuut I can't figure out one. Funny it's the one that's maybe most related to this website. It's the one for seeing 8 characters lose pose. I've seen at least 10 or 12...but it still hasn't unlocked. How can you do that wrong? I know it's only certain modes, right? I went into VS, 1 round matches, let the compy beat beat me up, change char every match...did that 12 times. Nothing. I'm confused. I remember on, like, PS3, this one was really easy, soooo...??

90sSegaFan

Ryonani Teamster
I love DOA 5 Last Round too, it just stinks how on the Xbox One, online is flat out broken. If you enable any kind of online capabilities the game will crash within minutes. It's 2015, can't they release games that are not fundamentally broken?

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
I love DOA 5 Last Round too, it just stinks how on the Xbox One, online is flat out broken. If you enable any kind of online capabilities the game will crash within minutes. It's 2015, can't they release games that are not fundamentally broken?

As long as people keep spending money on these games, the companies and their developers don't have to do anything.

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Hummmm, come to think, I heard there's all sortsa problems. Liiiiike sometimes it won't let ya switch modes or continue, it just...gets stuck. I know that happened to me, yup. :/
Maybe my trophy isn't workin' 'cuz of something like that?

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
The DOA X Senran Kagura DLC released today. It contains breakable cloths :D

Last edited by a moderator:

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
FML. The PC version is just a PS3 port fuck my life.

not exactly let me give the break down

Product Information
◆RESOLUTION: 720P / 1080P / 4K * * 3840x2160 resolution Game can be set to full screen mode or windowed mode at startup.
◆EFFECTS: Equivalent to PS3® version
◆SHADOWS: Equivalent to PS4™ version Toggle on/off
◆ANTIALIASING: Compatible Toggle on/off
◆CHARACTERS; 34 Equivalent to PS4™ version
◆STAGES: 36 he Danger Zone and The Crimson are not included.
◆COSTUMES: Over 400 The 31 new DOA5LR costumes are included. ※Halloween 2013 costumes included.
◆HAIRSTYLES: Compatible
◆CHARACTER SELECTION: Equivalent to PS4™ version
◆OFFLINE MODES: Equivalent to PS4™ version (Versus mode: 1-4 players)
◆ONLINE MODES: Scheduled to be added via patch within 3 months of release.

So the effects(like explosions and hit effects) ARE PS3 the rest is PS4 and it is missing two stages, If this is a deal breaker for you I understand. For me the effects don't bug me and I could care less about the two levels missing. So look forward to me doing some HD stuff of this when it comes out and I unlock some things

Also on those new outfits...not a fan of Ayane's Don't like the eyepatch and the new hair

onlinehero

Casual Client
^ Still better than nothing for those of us who don't own a console and have never played DOA series. Almost have wanted to ask Ginazi if he has bought the game :)

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
More crossover to Senran Kagura: Estival Versus.
Ayane from DOA and Sun Ce, Guan Yu and Lu bu from Ikki Tousen will be playable in the game :D

Famitsu Source

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
FML. The PC version is just a PS3 port fuck my life.

It is known that koei tecmo isn't the best japanese developer in terms of pc ports , their dynasty warrior pc ports also are bare-bones ps3 ports , looks like they are late to realise the importance of steam right now compared to other japanese companies who caught the train at last like namco bandai

Regarding the pc port of DOA5 i heard something that makes sense regarding the confusing hybrid between the ps3 and ps4 bersions that was used for the pc version , i read that the pc port is based on the arcade version and for those who doesn't know then arcades themselves are actually PCs with little customization and they share the same hardwares that is used in any normal pc like i5 2500k or amd r9 290x rather than custom hardwares used in consoles , also based on the minimum requirements then this game will be an optimization mess , how can a last gen fighting game requires an i7 as minimum while an optimized fighting game like street fighter iv can run 60fps on a laptop from
2003 with an intel graphics card and pentium 4 processor

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
^ Still better than nothing for those of us who don't own a console and have never played DOA series. Almost have wanted to ask Ginazi if he has bought the game :)

I actually played Dead or Alive Ultimate on PC before (not much and only for ryona purposes), but yes, I'm definitely getting it when it is released. Hearing that it would be ported to PC was one of the best things I heard last year.

I may even finally get around to making some ryona videos of my own ;)

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
Still getting it as well. I have no need for a PS4 at this moment as most of my gaming is on the PC currently. Thanks for the specs randomguy, its a lot more relieving knowing what we will still be receiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.