Dead or Alive series (2 Viewers)

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Team Ninja hasn't but Tecmo/Koei has with Dynasty Warriors 8 and it's updates being on Steam. So here is to hoping

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
rumor has it DOA last round may go to PC. I got a decent rig so I can hopefull get next gen stuff(Also the computer CAN record HD on games on the computer)

the community manager for WWE confirmed 2k15 was coming to PC in every way he could without getting fired (that or he's being a huge dick) so i wouldn't be too surprised if more stuff comes to PC. on the japanese side of things, MGS is coming, valkyria chronicles showed up recently and sold ridiculously well for being a 7 year old game, etc. japan is starting to get in on it, though i don't know how fighting games do at all.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
the community manager for WWE confirmed 2k15 was coming to PC in every way he could without getting fired (that or he's being a huge dick) so i wouldn't be too surprised if more stuff comes to PC. on the japanese side of things, MGS is coming, valkyria chronicles showed up recently and sold ridiculously well for being a 7 year old game, etc. japan is starting to get in on it, though i don't know how fighting games do at all.

Speaking about WWE2k15 , yea the community manager tried to give positive hints to the fans and at the same time saves his job as there isn't a single word from 2K about the port outside the few leaks like John Cena ad which he said 5 platforms and clearly showing the PC cover and the leak that was in WWE Network ad so yea it is coming to PC but knwoing 2K/Rockstar strategy they always releases the PC ports months after the console port because they always bet on double dippers that goes for the definitive version (PC) but at the same time can't resist the delay so they buy both PC and Console versions

Japan going to PC is a must in order AAA Japanese industry games to survive , Handheld market is dominating the gaming market in Japan and at the same time Western gaming market is clearly having advantage over Japan in AAA console industry so sooner or later Japan was forced to go PC to get extra profits but as they were living under the rock regarding the PC market like they still think PC is still in the 90's-early 2000's days when PC market was dead outside PC focused games and i bet most of them didn't know about steam and its huge success , But Japan going PC came sooner than expected due to Dark Souls doing the near impossible when the PC port sold around more than two million copies when the port costs were zero to nothing so that made most japanese companies changes their image about the PC market and the hidden barrier that the PC market don't sell well starts to vanish after dark souls unexpected sales and you can have a look at what happened after Dark Souls success :

-Namco looked like they were insanely happy with dark souls sales and they ported nearly all their future games to PC like Dark Souls II , the two Naruto games , the new dragon ball game , a enhanced version of enslaved and finally they will make a F2P game exclusive for PC

-SNK ported the King of Fighters XIII to PC and KOF98 and another KOF game confirmed to be ported to PC this month and next month

-Konami ported Castlevania lords of shadows 1 and 2 and for the first time since a looong time they will release a Metal gear Solid game

-Square Enix Japan (Not Western Square Enix/Eidos which is PC Friendly for ages) ported Final Fantasy XIII and will port the rest of the trilogy to PC

-Sega Japan Ported Valkyria to PC and to their surprise the sales were extremely high for their predictions

-Platinum ported Metal Gear Rising and its high sales made a path for MGSV to be ported to PC

-Koei/Tecmo released a western PC version of dynasty warrior and it looks like it made some good sales so they will port dynasty warrior legends to PC

- Other PC games that unexpectedly were ported to PC were are Deadly Premonition , Killer is Dead , Way of the Samurai 4 , the typing of the dead and a lot of Arc system works and Xceed games that kept being ported to PC which shows high demand and a lot of other niche Japanese titles that had good suceess on steam compared to their console sales

Long Story Short : Japan was forced to do PC ports of their console games due to high production costs of game nowadays and also because the console market in japan starts to shrink compared to handheld market but the unexpected success of unplanned Dark Souls PC port made things way sooner than expected and Japan seemed to be happy with their shift to PC and they are willing to learn and make better PC ports unlike other European-based publisher that goes by the name that look like Ubishit

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
i dunno if i'd say its double dipping, it's prolly just the timing right now. publishers want the next gen consoles to do well so they'd delay it or any other things. i mean look at the bullshit ubisoft is saying.

rockstar is sort of an exception to it since they basically do whatever they want at this point.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Dead or Alive 5 Last round appeared for PC on the ESRB site

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

I haven't seen a PC game that was leake on ESRB and hadn't released on PC after that and the latest example was Valkyria so there is a high chance DOA5 Last Chance would end up on PC

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
So according to this trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ7ED2lqtJc

A PC version is confirmed unless it was an unusual unexpected error but that seems far unlikely

doasteanekjp.png

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
2K needs to hurry up and do the same. they teased 2k15 on steam a while back several times and have done their best to bury it since then.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah I am getting the pc version now. I may sell my console copy. Also with the PC version I can record in HD so expect me to flood the internet with Mila Ayane and Hitomi ryona possibly also Tina. Seriously feels like DOA 5 ryona now is just muscle busters (oy!)

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
'Bout time we got a big fighter on PS4.
I like Injustice, and Skullgirls is purty great, too.

But DOA should be awesome to have. Now they just need to get Tekken n' Street Fighter on there...

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
ONE PROBLEM the Tecmo announced that the game will not have online play at launch but by three months AT MOST from launch it will get online play. I think the PC version was a recent decision. I am still getting it but wanted to make sure you all knew.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
https://www.facebook.com/deadoralivegame already updated her profile so let's see...

Super Secret Fighter Chick, Honoka
●Profile
Having been raised all her life by her gentle and loving grandmother, Honoka is a sweet, easygoing kind of girl... but when she sees a fight, she cannot contain her excitement, nor the mysterious power surging within her. The truth is, Honoka has this strange knack for instantly learning any fighting move she sees. She's never told anyone about her power, but has been itching to test it out in secret...
●Fighting Style
Honoka takes her favorite moves copied from various sources and fighting styles, and combines them into a unique style which she calls "Honoka Fu". Since her physical condition is that of an average teenage girl, her moves may not always have the same power or reach as the fighter she learned them from. In her Hissatsu-no-Kamae stance, however, she is imbued with an unbelievable strength and becomes capable of techniques she has never seen from any other fighter.
●Biography
Birthday: March 24
School of Combat: Honoka Fu
Blood Type: AB
Height/Weight: 150 cm/45 kg (4'11"/ 99.21lb)
Favorite Food: Whipped cream puffs
Hobbies: Watching pro wrestling matches and martial arts movies, taking hot baths

More pics at Famitsu

She's a mixed bag of other fighters, as you can see. She looks fine to me and I like dat Marie Rose tag :nose bleed:
By the way, some think she's Kousaka Honoka - Love Live! Wiki

Last edited by a moderator:

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Finally, a loli character for all the DOA fans! Because Kokoro wasn't young enough, or possibly-white enough, we get a school-girl cheerleader fantasy. I mean, it's not my cup of tea, but there are plenty of loli afficionados out there, and they should get what they want too, right? Untapped market and all that. It's not like the most recent new character already filled this gap, and we could get something different...no, this is just what the doctor ordered!

I also demand that the next character look pre-12. Let's not stop now, we can sink lower. /sarcasm

Sorry if pedo is your fetish, but I don't like that it's a thing, and that so many Japanese games revel in it. If there's one factor that is going to get the games we love banned, this is it. People can even stomach violence to women, but lusting after underage girls? That's a line that's not going to have many on the other side. I thought Marie Rose was more than a little questionable, but whatever, people need their fantasies. But we've been there, done that now...did we really need another? With "the biggest bosom of all?" Ugh.

Some won't like this; I'm sure our tastes differ. Sorry if I offended. But I wish Tecmo could get back to starring adults, and leave this loli stuff to the 80% of indie ryona games that are already pushing it.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
What bothers me isn't her age. Hell, with her body size, one could comfortably pretend that she is of legal age. That they made her a necrid-type character remixed with everyone's moves is someting I'm not OK with. To me, it's a clear indication that they've run out of ideas. Probably not a bad thing in a way, as the roster is plentful as it is.

While I personally wouldn't have been pleased with anything less than playable versions of Seth Rollins and/or Roman Reigns, there were a tonne of better ideas TN could've taken with their final character.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
To be fair though this new girl DOES look more like an 18 year old then Marie. That aside this character is just kinda boring....welp she is going to flood ryona just as hard as Marie...can't wait for the PC version though. I can record HD there and do Mila who everyone ignores >..> and some others I like. However I am saying this now, Marie, Honoka, Kasumi, Phase 4, Momiji, Rachael, and Helena are all ones I will not use as victims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.