1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dante's Loader Imports. (Update:Merry Cristmas - Loader Archive Updated)

Discussion in 'Loader Imports' started by dantethedarkprince, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Druthulhu

Druthulhu Potential Patron

hey, can any of your mods be downloaded directly, without coming through download apps that, since they disable the exit button on their own windows, will almost certainly put PUPs on my computer?

thnx :)

2. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Hmm, that's a tough one.

If only it were possible to return to the download page and use your browser's Ctrl-F shortcut to check whether the word "direct" appears anywhere. If only there were some way to Search these forums, just in case someone else has already encountered this problem and found a workaround. If only someone, somewhere out there on the internet, had any helpful warnings or advice which can be easily summarized in image form. If only people demonstrated a smidgen of self-protective vigilance, so that they would automatically recoil in horror from an unexpected EXE file - instead of downloading and executing it just to find out what it does.

Alas, all of those things are completely impossible. The sensible course of action is to continue clicking the big inviting green button, installing malware, and then complaining about it.

[​IMG]

When you've created as many mods as Dante has, it's completely infeasible to manage them as forum attachments -- offsite hosting is necessary. The Solidfiles downloader is a known piece of malware, which most people simply avoid. It might be slightly more convenient for users if Dante would switch to a different filehost (sby uses box and mediafire; I'm fond of mega.nz). However, Dante has so many files that any migration would require a significant amount of work.

If you're bothered by the malware and you're willing to help migrate and verify files, then send a PM to Dante and see what he says. Otherwise, just be grateful that he has chosen to share his work with all of us.

3. Faceless

Faceless Club Regular Content Creator

I guess expecting that if you can figure out how to get to this thread you should be smart enough to not run strange executables is too much to ask. Maybe you should copy over that SolidFiles FAQ from your vanilla thread, Dante.

4. BrickShithouse

BrickShithouse Avid Affiliate

Say, you were working on that slimmer muscle-man, right?
    Will it be possible to color him, will he have balls?

5. ilovecandAL

ilovecandAL Potential Patron

Epic work! i love the DBZ! can you do a Roushi HIS mod???

6. PersonaDiffer

PersonaDiffer Potential Patron

The female robot half for I-Robot is not working for me, or is that a different mod altogether?
    (I know its svedka, not sonny, but is the download different?)

It just creates the male, not both

7. stuntcock

Dante's Lovely Ladies > Vodka Robot > Svedka

8. Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest Avid Affiliate

Does anybody have an idea on how to download files now? They changed the layout of the site, direct download now tries to download a .exe file, and download file doesn't work, it says try downloading using IE, when i do that, it still wants to download a .exe (tried with i-robot and a couple other mods).

9. Huitznahua

Huitznahua Swell Supporter Content Creator

Mouahahahah an another soul trapped by solidfile !

'just kidding. You can check this thread if you want the Dante's mods.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  10. AuraMaster

AuraMaster Potential Patron

Is the x-ray 2.0 available anywhere outside of the solidfiles link? because that site is impossible to deal with, tries to load .exe files.

11. Hank East

Hank East Swell Supporter

The post literally right above your own.

Huitznahua likes this.
  12. AuraMaster

AuraMaster Potential Patron

I checked that post before asking my question. I'm not stupid, I wouldnt ask the question if the answer was right there. I was unable to find the x-ray mod anywhere in there, so I posted here. EDIT: Statement deleted.

I found a download for it anyways. Doesnt matter now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  13. noobtastic

noobtastic Potential Patron

On dante's skeleton mod, the pic shows a witch girl costume. Where can I find that?

14. stuntcock

Dante's Lovely Ladies > My Vanilla Mods > Archive 02 > Cute Little Witch.swf

15. noobtastic

noobtastic Potential Patron

Thanks!

16. sheikko

sheikko Potential Patron

According to firefox, the .swf files are viruses?

17. stuntcock

The SWF files themselves are probably safe. Solidfiles has a bad reputation because they've been hosting aggressive advertisements and offering drive-by downloads of malware packages. Your browser may assume that any SWF file arriving from Solidfiles is malicious, and therefore report it (or block it entirely).

You have a few options:
    • acknowledge or ignore the warning
    • use a different web browser
      • YMMV. Chrome quarantines anything that I download from Solidfiles, but I can subsequently recover the file manually. Firefox downloads the files normally. Edge downloads the files normally.
    • delve into your browser's configuration; add a security exemption for Solidfiles
    • if you're willing to help re-upload Dante's work onto Undertow, then I can send you a download link for the entire collection

18. Rudgar

Rudgar Casual Client Content Creator

I will post this wherever I find someone asking questions about viruses from solidfiles.com:
    1. I don't like solidfiles.com
    2. I will not use solidfiles for myself
    3. I got virus warnings from my browser(!) about swf files I downloaded from there.
    4. I sent in some of the files I've been warned from to the avira's virus lab. They examined them and did not find the least in any of the files I've sent in.
    5. I started using the downloaded files and nothing evil happened to me yet.
    6. In the end I decided to not trust solidfiles.com - but to trust the files others have uploaded there.
    7. But I'll keep an eye on those files though.
    8. Beside this, I recommend to follow one of stuntcock's suggestions.
    9. HTH - Hope this helps

19. dantethedarkprince

dantethedarkprince Club Regular Content Creator

So who remembers my baby boy "Bulk". Well guess what I've been doing lately...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. PeleDemandsSacrifice1192

PeleDemandsSacrifice1192 Potential Patron

That's terrifying.