Chun-Li Fan Comics | Page 72 COMPLETE - "Ryu & Chun-Li v. M. Bison: Bone Crushing Reversal" (4 Viewers)

Chun-Li_Forever

Club Regular
Updated OP: Page 44 Completed

1603173249318.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Chun-Li_Forever

Club Regular
Updated OP: Page 45, New Cover Arts, and Promo Art completed!

***MASSIVE UPDATE***

October 2015, upon completing a 9 page Street Fighter mini comic with Artist Tree-Ink(www.deviantart.com/tree-ink), I had another Chun-Li comic in working in my mind. It started with meshing together a few ideas that I had for the previous mini comic that I couldn't fit in to it. And originally, I wanted it to be a slightly larger, but manageable 30 pages. But more ideas kept coming, and what started with a 30 page outline grew into 50 pages, and then eventually 60, and then finally, I've finally placed the cap on a 90 page, three-part Chun-Li centered comic.

Chun-Li has been Street Fighter's leading lady, as well as Capcom's Poster Girl for nearly 30 years. She is an iconic video game character, and the First Lady of Fighting games. In addition to having a very striking design, she also has a very compelling story about justice, revenge, strength, and heart. And while Capcom certainly has done their portrayals of Chun-Li exacting revenge against the organization that killed her father, I wanted this comic to be my own portrayal of that story arc that has driven her for years. Chun-Li takes the spotlight in an ongoing fan comic filled with hard-hitting action, dramatic moments, and your favorite Street Fighter characters.

It may have taken a little over 5 years, and this comic had to go through switching of artists after the first milestone of 30 pages, as well as a global pandemic. But here we all everyone. We have finally made it to the half-way point. And though we have a long way to go before it's 100% completed, I'm just proud of the progress we've made, and how far we have come. Never have I imagined that this fancomic would come out like this. It's one thing to have the ideas in your head, outlined, drafted, planned out with reference pics, etc. But to see it come to life on the page, it's a feeling that resonates with you for a good while. Every page, every sketch I see feels like an additional 45 Christmases/Birthdays within the past 5 years.

Of course, non of this would've been possible without my two artists. Sergio Breseno / Tree-Ink (www.deviantart.com/tree-ink), and Widodo Pangarso / LABYLABY (www.deviantart.com/labylaby). These two artists are immensely talented, and I can not thank them enough for all of their hard work, their creativity, their artistic talents, their flexibility, and cooperation. Both have their own unique styles, and ways of working with your. But both are phenomenal artists, and you will not be disappointed with their work. Please, be sure to leave a follow on their profile and to thank them for their works.

In addition to the milestone Page 45, there are plenty of other updates to the comic as well, including a few covers as well as a Promo Art to not only celebrate this moment, but to get you readers hyped for the next part of the comic.

- Page 45: www.deviantart.com/starswordsm…

- Chun-Li: The Gauntlet Cover #1C - Art by pappilonstudio

- Chun-Li: The Gauntlet Cover #2A - Art by LordFreeza

- Chun-Li: The Gauntlet Cover #2C - Art by Quasimodox

- Chun-Li: The Gauntlet: Chun-Li vs M. Bison (Promo) - Art by LordFreeza

Please enjoy, thank you for your support so far, and we'll hope to continue reading and enjoying "Chun-Li: The Gauntlet"!

1605333142523.png

1605333290432.png

1605334434677.png

1605334356971.png

1605334402181.png

Attachments

• 1605333145577.png
    1605333145577.png
    14.6 MB · Views: 279

Chun-Li_Forever

Club Regular
Hi,

Sorry for sounding nitpicky. But your cover says Chun-li is "outnumbered and overpowered". I think it should be "outnumbered and underpowered"!
THank you for your comment. And thank you for your suggestion.

I think the word "Overwhelmed" might've been a better choice. Basically, Ryu with the added Psycho Power being under M. bison's control + the ultra powerful M. Bison will overpower Chun-Li.

But again, thanks for your tip. I'll see if I can change and replace it.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Chun-Li_Forever Chun-Li_Forever ,
Your posts with images take a long time to load on my computer. I've edited many of your posts by converting the full sized images to thumbnails. This allows the post to load much faster, and our members can click on the thumbnail to see the full sized images.
PLEASE when you upload images, upload a thumbnails.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Chun-Li_Forever

Club Regular
Updated OP: Page 60 & Covers #3a, 3b, and 3c Completed

***MASSIVE UPDATE***

March 3rd, 2019, almost a little under 4 years ago, I was searching for a new artist after the first one I've worked with Tree-ink left. A humble artist on this site who goes by LABYLABY (Widodo) was one of the artists who applied to take over. And here we we are, several days into the new 2023 new year and we've finally reached the next milestone of our comic: Page 60!

I can not thank Widodo enough for his passion, his artistic ability, his understanding of the themes and direction, patience, and confidence. He really has grown as an artist since I've first started working with him. And I look forward to our continued partnership as we finish the rest of the comic. We hope that all of the readers who have been following since the start have been enjoying it, and hope you'll continue until the end. We hope to have this thrilling battle come to a conclusion, and we hope it's filled with lots of surprises.

Chun-Li has been Street Fighter's leading lady, as well as Capcom's Poster Girl for about 35 years. She is an iconic video game character, and the First Lady of Fighting games. In addition to having a very striking design, she also has a very compelling story about justice, revenge, strength, and heart. And while Capcom certainly has done their portrayals of Chun-Li exacting revenge against the organization that killed her father, I wanted this comic to be my own portrayal of that story arc that has driven her for years. Chun-Li takes the spotlight in an ongoing fan comic filled with hard-hitting action, dramatic moments, and your favorite Street Fighter characters.

We have reached our 60 page milestone! We have 2/3 of our comic completed! This comic has gone through quite a change since we first started. But I'm loving the direction we're going. I love working with Widodo. Every update he sends me feels like another Christmas or Birthday. And it's that excitement and passion for Chun-Li and Street Fighter that keeps us going. Thank you all so much. As a treat for reaching this massive milestone, there are an additional updates that we'd love to share, including THREE brand new cover arts!!

Hope you all are excited. Please enjoy this page. And we'll do our best for the next 30 pages.

1673758174373.png

1673758260346.png

1673758311744.png

1673758341710.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.