Can't get settings to work for positions (1 Viewer)

loganauer

Potential Patron
I found out about this game from some random website, loved it, downloaded this huge 3.5 GB Package that had a bunch of mods, and settings for positions. Took me awhile and read forums for tutorials, got the mods working eventually, all great. I really want to use the positions, but when I open the loader, I don't get a tab right above the far right corner like the guys in some of the tutorials have and that are described in the "readme" folders and setup guides. I tried downloading a new version of the loader, but still don't have that option. Also F1, F2, F3, and F4 don't work at all for me. I try F2 to change positions, but it doesn't do anything. I'm able to get the settings file and positions to work with "animation.swf" but it's choppy and slow, and the models glitch out sometimes, and the arrows are kind of a turn off.

Is there something I need to download that my browser should come with? It also doesn't work on my laptop, adobe is up to date, not sure what it is.

I don't know if there's already a topic on this posted, there's a lot of pages of issues (mostly about hair it seems) and I don't mind this getting deleted if there's a duplicate thread, I just want to figure out how to load positions in the loader. Thanks for reading this.

ModGuy

Content Creator
loganauer said:
when I open the loader, I don't get a tab right above the far right corner like the guys in some of the tutorials have

loganauer said:
I tried downloading a new version of the loader, but still don't have that option.

UI Guide.txt:
The loader menu has been moved the the built in help menu.
The blank spot is reserved for extensions in the form of mods.

loganauer said:
Also F1, F2, F3, and F4 don't work at all for me. I try F2 to change positions, but it doesn't do anything. I'm able to get the settings file and positions to work with "animation.swf" but it's choppy and slow, and the models glitch out sometimes, and the arrows are kind of a turn off.
loganauer said:
I just want to figure out how to load positions in the loader. Thanks for reading this.

F1,2... shortcut keys bound in sby's animtools, it's in the loader imports board.
Glitching got fixed recently too, so it doesn't break auto mode.
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=4049.0

sby

Content Creator
Coder
sounds like that giant mod pack didn't set stuff up correctly xD

loganauer

Potential Patron
Got it working perfectly now, thank you very much. The guide that package came with didn't tell me that I needed to load animtools in order to get this stuff to work or what the INIT, OVER, and RESET folders did. A bit of digging around on the forums and I downloaded a newer version of animtools and it came with a guide that explained how it all worked. The problem wasn't with the mod pack, it was just that the guides it came with were lacking important information.

ModGuy

Content Creator
loganauer said:
Got it working perfectly now, thank you very much. The guide that package came with didn't tell me that I needed to load animtools in order to get this stuff to work or what the INIT, OVER, and RESET folders did. A bit of digging around on the forums and I downloaded a newer version of animtools and it came with a guide that explained how it all worked. The problem wasn't with the mod pack, it was just that the guides it came with were lacking important information.

Not entirely.
Straight from Saving Guide.txt:
Code:
The "$OVER$" folder will be loaded over any other character folder.
This can be used to carry over traits between different characters/costumes.

The "$RESET$" folder will be loaded upon clicking reset from the mod panel.
This is the best alternative to default characters without breaking things, for now.

I agree that it's important to mention $INIT$ here, but in all 3 $$ folders there is a note describing the role of the folder.
Maybe spend more time looking through the provided files before adding in content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.