Can't download files (1 Viewer)

part

Potential Patron
Recently I became unable to download any files correctly from the forum, I'm not sure why. Every time I try to download a file Firefox gives me the option to save a file (identical in size to the one I want to download) named "index.php". If I rename the file with the correct file extension it appears to work, except for .swf files. It's not a huge deal but it is annoying and I would love to be able to use some of the mods people have made.

Any solutions or ideas to fix this?

----------------------------------------------------

Update: All file types work correctly once renamed with the proper file extension. I'm an idiot and wasn't using the mod loader which was why I had issues with the swf files. Oops.

part

Potential Patron
I forgot to mention but I did a clean installation of firefox less than an hour ago and all my plugins are up-to-date. Since the problem occurred before and after the reinstall I'm guessing it doesn't have anything to do with firefox itself but beyond that I have no idea.

Daesir

Potential Patron
I am also having this problem. I haven't D/L'ed anything for a few weeks, so I'm not sure how long it's been like this... but at least since yesterday.

patsy

Potential Patron
Same problem here, running Firefox 8.0. Had to switch to Chrome to download the dialogue I wanted.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
For those of you having this problem, this is a browser specific bug that is in Firefox 8. A complete fix hasn't been released yet from SMF. I've put in a small workaround that will let you get the right download link at least for now, although I don't think it's working for "Save Image As" still. I'll keep you posted.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
d£t said:
For those of you having this problem, this is a browser specific bug that is in Firefox 8. A complete fix hasn't been released yet from SMF. I've put in a small workaround that will let you get the right download link at least for now, although I don't think it's working for "Save Image As" still. I'll keep you posted.
lol I just updated to Firefox 8 this morning right before I pm'd you. /facepalm

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Just wanted to check in regarding this problem. Is everything working as it used to? There was some debate as to whether or not the issue was with Firefox or with SMF. I was waiting to see if one got patched before the other.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
d£t said:
Just wanted to check in regarding this problem. Is everything working as it used to? There was some debate as to whether or not the issue was with Firefox or with SMF. I was waiting to see if one got patched before the other.
I stopped having problems with 8 a while ago, but I do have the problem that if a file has a space in the name "herp derp.swf" it saves it as "herp.swf"

patsy

Potential Patron
Anonymous said:
I stopped having problems with 8 a while ago, but I do have the problem that if a file has a space in the name "herp derp.swf" it saves it as "herp.swf"
I've noticed the same with .txts, except they don't even have the file extension.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
patsy said:
Anonymous said:
I've noticed the same with .txts, except they don't even have the file extension.
I meant with all file extensions, I was just giving an example

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
This problem should be fixed now. If you haven't, please update Firefox to 9 if you're using 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.