Can Someone fix Miranda's Hair (1 Viewer)

Fixxxtozz

Potential Patron
Hey guys,

Soooo, i messing with the character customization and stuff and i noticed that there is something wrong with a hair files for Miranda from Mass Effect. The mod was originally created by @Calla and im not sure if he still posts here at all.
Here's a link to the file on the RM:

Miranda Dynamic Hairstyle

Sooo the issue is that the hair file doesn't color correctly, or something like that...... Not really sure how to explain it so i'll just post some screen shots.
miranda1.PNG
miranda2.PNG

these are kind of an over exaggeration of the issue, but its so that you get the point. Parts of the hair do not color the same way as the rest. I was trying to change the color of the hair to brown when i noticed this. When its in its default colors, its completely fine:
miranda3.PNG

this is prob the best miranda hair on the forum (or at least the best i've seen) so it would be really great if It would be great if someone could fix this so that the entirety of the hair colors the same way. I have no experience editing or creating .swf files and have no time nor desire to learn, so it would be awesome if someone could help me out.

Thanks!

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello F Fixxxtozz . You should have posted this in the Revision section of the Requests. I asked a moderator to move this thread.

I will take a look at the decompiled SWF, but I do not think I can do anything.

[EDIT] It seems that there is a problem with the SWF: when decompiled, I could find only the dynamic parts, so I cannot have all the hair (i.e. the top part is missing).

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Parts of the hair do not color the same way as the rest.
The short answer is: it's black.

You're trying to apply a Hue shift to an achromatic object. Regardless of whether the object is black, white, or grey (or some combination thereof) the color saturation is 0%. You can manipulate the brightness and contrast, but hue shifting will not work.

Several parts of the Miranda hairstyle are colored, albeit very slightly (R:55,G:50,B:57, Saturation:12%). When you boost the saturation, the green value drops to zero and that particular section of hair becomes noticeably purple. It can then be hue shifted.

But the purple bits and black bits exist side-by-side. So the result is that half of the hairstyle "obeys" your hue shift while the other half "ignores" it.

I have no experience editing or creating .swf files and have no time nor desire to learn, so it would be awesome if someone could help me out.
Thank you for being honest. I get annoyed when people insist that "I'd do it myself if I knew how" (despite showing no willingness to actually learn) and then ask for special treatment.

We can probably register the hair elements in the Loader to allow independent manipulation of Red, Green, and Blue sliders. It's less elegant than HSL manipulation, because it's easy to inadvertently change the brightness when you try to change the color balance (often creating a neon-bright eyesore). It's also harder to share your result because the RGB +/- values aren't included in charCodes. But this technique is effective when you're dealing with achromatic designs. The major downside of this approach is that it requires the SDT Loader -- the hairstyle mod won't be visible at all if you're using the vanilla game.

Alternatively, you could find an artist who's willing to redraw the hairstyle using shades of brown (without any actual grey or black).

stuntcock

Content Creator
yPPgcCn.jpg

Av6VjEA.jpg

miranda_ME_hair_LoaderRGB.mod

I had to brighten the rear (background-side) bangs because they were significantly darker than the foreground bangs. The animation is @Calla's original work; I didn't touch it. If you encounter any difficulties then please let me know; otherwise I'll consider this revision to be complete.

Edit: in retrospect ... the scripting was a waste of time. I should have stopped after the brightness problem was corrected. I would encourage you ignore the previous link and use this version of the file instead. It depends on moreClothing to enable the RGB adjustment feature, but it's a much more stable option which presents fewer compatibility risks.

miranda_ME_hair_brightened.swf

moreClothing config line:
Code:
miranda_ME_hair_brightened.swf=Miranda Lawson+reghue

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.