Bless Online Mod (1 Viewer)

RoastedPhoenix

Content Creator
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, but with the announcements about the Bless release in the West, I have been following topics about nude mods, after Bless was available on Steam, even having no experience as a modder, I decided to look at how the game files are, and I found the set EC0016_A00.

Using the EU Viewer I realized that the whole body is under the clothes, apparently because the clothing has a transparency:
UE.jpg

I started replacing the EC-16 set by other sets of the game, and see the result. I play with the Mascu race, the F_EC_16 set of Mascu has 1 Helmet and 3 objects with the name Upper (although they are the whole body), some sets are divided into Upper and Lower parts, I have come to the conclusion that it is only possible to replace the set 16 with another having only the Upper object (whole body in an object).

I used as base the file AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0010_A00 (Blue Rose Garden Bag of 2600 Lumenas).
I copied the file AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0016_A00 and renamed it to AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0010_A00, using a Hex editor I replaced the package name and the first 4 objects:
Hex.jpg

AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0016_A00 ---> AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0010_A00
AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0016_A00_Helmet ---> AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0010_A00_Helmet
AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0016_A00_Upper ---> AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0010_A00_Upper
AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0016_A01_Upper ---> AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0010_A01_Upper
AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0016_A02_Upper ---> AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0010_A02_Upper

Probably the game will only read A00_Helmet and A00_Upper, because they only existed in the original file.
Then in the game folder, I replaced the file AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0010_A00.upk with the modified one (made a backup), and this was the result:
Mascu.jpg

Now I'll need help in this part. To make the clothes transparent and finally have the naked character, I believe that it is necessary to change the textures CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Lower_C1_KCY and CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Upper_C1_KCY of the file CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_.upk so that they are totally black.
Transparency.jpg

So I come here in the forum to share what I discovered and to ask if someone with experience in editing textures inside .upk files can make these 2 textures turn black, enabling the full transparency of the clothes.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Backup Files.7z
9.7 MB · Views: 145

CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00.upk.7z
2.6 MB · Views: 162

Felldude

Content Creator
So I come here in the forum to share what I discovered and to ask if someone with experience in editing textures inside .upk files can make these 2 textures turn black, enabling the full transparency of the clothes.

Thanks in advance.

You could try invalidating those textures in the hex editor, that is if you know the nude body is used under. (It appears you do, if I recall most body's including the underwear model did not.)

I don't recall if bless uses the alpha to establish transparency or a separate file.

I am not sure if you read my post on this prior, but the problem with upk is how they are built...basically they are all connected together and without the original tools for the game you can only unpack the contents.

When you repack them they loose the references to the morph targets, textures animations etc.

So repacking a texture with a transparency is unlikely, but with a hex editor you stand a chance.

Last edited:

RoastedPhoenix

Content Creator
Thank you Felldude Felldude . Your idea of invalidating the textures helped me a lot. I was trying to find the contents of the textures inside the file.

To invalidate the textures, I tried to rename them within the file itself, which worked partially, when the game did not find the C1 textures he started to use textures of CH_Master_Material.upk (It took me a long time to find out)

So I changed the method and started searching the materials, renaming them, annotating the header structure of the upk files, and trying to figure out what each item was.
I may be wrong about the meaning, but I found the following sequence:

Meshs -> Materials -> Texturas

AN_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00
AN_PC_Lups_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_Lups_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00
AN_PC_Masq_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_Masq_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00
AN_PC_Pant_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_Pant_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00
AN_PC_Sire_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_Sire_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00
AN_PC_WitI_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_WitI_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00
AN_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00

The CH_PC_Hum file seems to contain the material and the texture, even though I made changes to the file, the texture was always found during the tests, but that made me try something interesting.

I understood that Bless uses a diffuse without alpha and another map named as C1 in place of alpha.
Using a Hex editor, I replaced the following items within the materials:

CH_MM_Hair_C1_HSI -> CH_MM_Black_D_HSI <- (Apparently this is a map that assumes the alpha function when normal textures are not found)
CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Lower_C1_KCY -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Lower_X1_KCY <- (Here I am just changing the name to invalidate the texture)
CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Upper_C1_KCY -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Upper_X1_KCY <- (Same)

At this point I managed to make the clothes transparent except for humans.

ch_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00 -> ch_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_B00 <- (Here seems to be the name of the file to be connected)
ch_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Helmet_MI_KCY -> ch_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A00_Helmet_MI_KCY <- (I think these are the names of the materials inside the file)
ch_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Lower_MI_KCY -> ch_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A00_Lower_MI_KCY
ch_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Upper_MI_KCY -> ch_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A00_Upper_MI_KCY
ch_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A01_Lower_MI_KCY -> ch_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A01_Lower_MI_KCY
ch_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A01_Upper_MI_KCY -> ch_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A01_Upper_MI_KCY
ch_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A02_Lower_MI_KCY -> ch_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A02_Lower_MI_KCY
ch_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A02_Upper_MI_KCY -> ch_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A02_Upper_MI_KCY

In the file CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_B00 I changed:

CH_MM_Hair_C1_HSI -> CH_MM_Black_D_HSI
CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Lower_C1_KCY -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Lower_X1_KCY
CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Upper_C1_KCY -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00_Upper_X1_KCY
CH_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_B00 <- (It is the name of the file itself)

The interesting thing is the possibility of making a Bless mesh/material file connect in a new .upk file with a new address, makes me wonder if it is not possible to create a .upk with textures and names similar to the names of the textures that the material does the connection. I really do not understand how the process of creating .upk files works, so I do not know if it's possible to create a file without connection or encryption, trying to change a material to call that file.

In the end, the result I got was this:
Habicht.jpg Lupus.jpg Mascu F.jpg Mascu M.jpg Sylvan Elf.jpg

The male Mascu's hair is changed when the mask is equipped because the original set wears a hat, which changes the hair of the character, if the replaced file is not a hat, but another mask, there will not be such a problem as in the case of female characters.
There are some shading and glows errors in some parts of the body, but the real problem was the toes, with the exception of Lupus, Mascu and probably Pantera, the meshes do not have toes.
Feet.jpg

The solution to this mesh would be to make the sandals visible again.

My characters belong to Hieron faction, so I could not test the races Amistad, Aqua Elf and Pantera, and I also did not buy the set in the store, so I could only use it in the preview screen.

I put the modified files here in the forum for anyone who wants:
In the All - Blue Rose Garden Bag file, you have all the files that changes the Blue Rose Garden Bag set to the nude body.
In the All - Winter Milky Way Bag file, you have all the files that changes the Winter Milky Way Bag set to the nude body.
In the Organized file:
-It has the Base folder: In it are the AN_PC_XxxA_F_EC0016_A00.upk files in case you want to change another set to the naked body. (Prerequisite: Target set can not have Upper-Lower separation)
-It has the Nude EC0016 folder: In it are the files that change the EC0016 set to the naked body, and you choose which breed you want to change.
-It has the Sets folder: In it you can choose the race and the sets: Blue Rose Garden Bag or Winter Milky Way Bag that you want to change.

I am sharing with you all the steps that have been taken. My objectives of having a nude body mod was achieved. I hope this information can help anyone who continues the EC0016 set modifications.

Attachments

All - Blue Rose Garden Bag.7z
2 MB · Views: 191

All - Winter Milky Way Bag.7z
2 MB · Views: 190

Backup 06-06-18.7z
3.3 MB · Views: 139

Organized.7z
2.5 MB · Views: 155

Felldude

Content Creator
Thank you Felldude Felldude
The interesting thing is the possibility of making a Bless mesh/material file connect in a new .upk file with a new address, makes me wonder if it is not possible to create a .upk with textures and names similar to the names of the textures that the material does the connection. I really do not understand how the process of creating .upk files works, so I do not know if it's possible to create a file without connection or encryption, trying to change a material to call that file.

Very nice work.

I used the Killing Floor 2 Editor and was able to make a new upk file that Bless loaded but it lost all the connections to the other files.

I can package a upk file with just the nude body texture repainted if you think you can force a redirect to a different upk.

Also I would recommend starting a new thread in the adult mods section, since it appears you have a working mod. And you fulfilled a long standing request. And/Or upload it to the downloads section here.

RoastedPhoenix

Content Creator
If you can package an upk file, it would be of great help Felldude Felldude
I really want to fix this problem with the toes, to have a good experience with all races.

I'll put here the textures and the upk file so you can package. In UE Viewer the textures are in PF_DXT1 format, but I extracted in the tga format. I don't know if the ideal format for Bless is tga or dds.

And if possible, could you package the file with the name CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_C00.upk, but keeping the names of the textures?
I do not know if I can use a texture with a different name, because of the material.

Thanks!

Attachments

CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_C00.7z
2.6 MB · Views: 166

Textures.7z
2.8 MB · Views: 148

Felldude

Content Creator
If you can package an upk file, it would be of great help Felldude Felldude
I really want to fix this problem with the toes, to have a good experience with all races.

I'll put here the textures and the upk file so you can package. In UE Viewer the textures are in PF_DXT1 format, but I extracted in the tga format. I don't know if the ideal format for Bless is tga or dds.

And if possible, could you package the file with the name CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_C00.upk, but keeping the names of the textures?
I do not know if I can use a texture with a different name, because of the material.

Thanks!

The file you uploaded seems to be, the clothing armor textures...did you modify them and want them repackaged?

RoastedPhoenix

Content Creator
The file you uploaded seems to be, the clothing armor textures...did you modify them and want them repackaged?
I only modified textures Lower_C1 and Upper_C1.
I realized now, but it seems that Umodel has duplicated 10 textures, my intention is to package 12 textures, 2 modified and 10 originals.
I uploaded the correct files.

Attachments

Texture2D.7z
3 MB · Views: 133

Felldude

Content Creator
I only modified textures Lower_C1 and Upper_C1.
I realized now, but it seems that Umodel has duplicated 10 textures, my intention is to package 12 textures, 2 modified and 10 originals.
I uploaded the correct files.

I packaged the dif textures with alpha to opacity and the normal maps as normal maps. Some of the settings might have to be changed if it even works but here it is.

Attachments

CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_C00.zip
7.7 MB · Views: 151

RoastedPhoenix

Content Creator
Thanks Felldude Felldude for packaging the file, with the file containing the textures I was able to do several tests, but unfortunately I have not made much progress.

My idea was simple, for the HumA race, I modified file CH_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A00.upk and renamed it to CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_B00.upk and connected to file C00 containing the textures:
AN_PC_HumA_F_x_x.upk -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_B00.upk -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_C00.upk

The ElfA, Sire and WitI races connected to file C00:
AN_PC_ElfA_F_x_x_.upk -> CH_PC_ElfA_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_C00.upk
AN_PC_Sire_F_x_x_.upk -> CH_PC_Sire_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_C00.upk
AN_PC_WitI_F_x_x_.upk -> CH_PC_WitI_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_C00.upk

Because there was no cut in the mesh Lups, Masq and Pant I kept the initial idea of only canceling the textures C1:
AN_PC_Lups_F_x_x_.upk -> CH_PC_Lups_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00
AN_PC_Masq_F_x_x_.upk -> CH_PC_Masq_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00
AN_PC_Pant_F_x_x_.upk -> CH_PC_Pant_F_EC0016_A00 -> CH_PC_HumA_F_EC0016_A00

The intention was to use the C00 file containing the modified textures:
Upper_C1 with black color so that in the game it is completely transparent.
Lower_C1 keeping only the sandal with the original colors, the rest left with the color black.
Making the character appear naked in the game but using the sandals. (which would cover the absence of the toes)

If by chance the game loads the textures CH_MM_Hair_D_HSI and CH_MM_Hair_C1_HSI, it was only to replace the Hair_C1 by Black_D.

In the tests it seemed that the game could not find the textures in the C00 file, I think the problem might be that the file only contains textures and does not have the meshes or the material that exists in the original file, even if apparently it was not necessary.

Even with this toe bug I followed the recommendation of Felldude Felldude and uploaded the mod in the download section:
https://www.undertow.club/downloads/bless-online-special-shop-nude-mod.4682/

Felldude

Content Creator
Thanks Felldude Felldude for packaging the file, with the file containing the textures I was able to do several tests, but unfortunately I have not made much progress.

Just realizing the nude body was used under one of the many outfits that exist was progress....and would likely have took someone who both plays the game and is familiar with modding.

Did you try copying the header from the original upk to the repackaged one. Some times they have game specific headers.

And for the bless fans... nwallpaper13_1920.jpg

Last edited:

Mothman

Potential Patron
Hi. Just wanted to give props to you guys trying to figure things out. Your work is appreciated. I am following this with interest. Good luck!

PS: tried to use some of the modified files RoastedPhoenix shared. managet to see the nude models in the costume preview window. looks good! hope we'll have a working solution that could possibly replace regular armor and/or the default underwear. again, all your work is appreciated, and good luck in any further progress!

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I am a costume modder, very interested in working on armor/costume textures in Bless to make more appealing stuff to wear, however I have no coding/programming ability so I need someone else to come up with a way to extract the texture files and repackage modded files into the game.
Is anyone making any progress on this please?
If so I'll be happy to try any methods you got and see if we can get some nice mods sorted out for Bless.
From what I'm seeing so far, it already looks like the game contains basebody nude textures, so it may be that quite a lot can be achieved if only we have a way to extract/re-pack textures.

Felldude

Content Creator
I am a costume modder, very interested in working on armor/costume textures in Bless to make more appealing stuff to wear, however I have no coding/programming ability so I need someone else to come up with a way to extract the texture files and repackage modded files into the game.
Is anyone making any progress on this please?
If so I'll be happy to try any methods you got and see if we can get some nice mods sorted out for Bless.
From what I'm seeing so far, it already looks like the game contains basebody nude textures, so it may be that quite a lot can be achieved if only we have a way to extract/re-pack textures.

A nude body does exist, and R RoastedPhoenix a costume out of 100's where it was actually used underneath, and then invalidated the top portion of the costume.

From that it was theorized that you could redirect the game to look to a different location for textures via hex editing. While that still may be possible no one has found a way to do it yet.

Somewhere on the vast world of the internet is an article written about the way upk files are linked (By the guy who made the tool to extract them I think) and why it is almost impossible without the source code to repack them.

Interestingly enough the toolset from Killingfloor 2 will open some "cooked" upk files.

richerich

Vivacious Visitor
Its interesting that he claims that it only works on cash shop items and not on any other armor type... Just my 2 cents.

Felldude

Content Creator
Its interesting that he claims that it only works on cash shop items and not on any other armor type... Just my 2 cents.

I think Vergil Vergil was interviewed if you would like to call it that by a gaming blog, regarding one of the DOA games and the fact that the producer requested that no nude mods be made and then the costume that was fitting for it was a paid costume.

With this game the method used is listed and fairly simple, so if you could find a non cash shop item that has the nude body underneath, a mod could be made simply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.