Blade & Soul (1 Viewer)

Dandy TIger

Potential Patron
I'm posting this game information because I feel it is a viable candidate for an up-coming game with ryona content (or at least visible bloodshed)This game is not available in the US yet, but it looks to be a promising game.
From what I noted, there will be four races and five classes.
According to what I've read (Blade & Soul's OBT Set for 2011 - Blade & Soul Dojo - Page 6 included), it's likely to be P2P, though it was cited that "No payment method confirmed as of yet.".
The first post on the topic in above link stated that an OBT would happen this year. This may have been referring to the Korean version, but there's hope that bloodshed and scantily-dressed females will be cause for English-speaking game-people to kick their own asses into a rapid and concise translation binge and bring the English version shortly.

All information I've found has kind of gone back-and-forth, so I apologize if any of this information is inaccurate. If so, PM me or post and I'll do my best to remedy said information.

"Game-play Footage" - plaync Blade&Soul

P.S. I apologize if information is inadequate or has an unqualified quantity for consideration as a post.

deecp

Ryonani Teamster
From what I noted, there will be four races and five classes.

From what ive read, there are gonna be up to 8 playable class which include the swordmaster, kungfu master, force master, destroyer (that were revealed in the first trailer)

The Swordmaster's kidna like the fast melee dps class

Blade & Soul - Blade Master Skills - English Sub HD - YouTube

The kungfu master is also a fast dps kinda class, but from what i understand, they are also able to mount opponents and attack them and perform submission locks
(which would definitely contribute to ryona content)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3eKUFtsacI&feature=relmfu

The force master's the basic mage class for this game..

Blade & Soul - Force Master Skills - English Sub HD - YouTube

And the destroyer's kidna well self-explained, and is also the slow 2h dps class which if i'm not mistaken also able to grab and throw opponents

Blade & Soul - Destroyer Skills - English Sub HD - YouTube

The fifth class (Assassin) was revealed sometime earlier this year, which is the basic rogue type character wif the ability to set up traps and use explosives.

In addition to that there are 3 more classes which have not been revealed. Although a summoner type class and a gun-man type class is heavily implied from the first trailer.
Camera angles are also vary from the different types of moves performed so it isnt always like the regular mmorpg where u just look from over your character's back.

As for the four races, they're divided into the Jin, Gon, Kun and the Lyn

Jin are the human-like race of the blade and soul world
the Gon are kinda liek the physically stronger versions of humans in that world with men looking more like barbarians and their women more liek amazons
the Kun are the elf-like race of the blade and soul world and is only composed of females
lastly the Lyn are a animal-humanoid race. They look more liek chibi-characters with bunny/cat/mouse etc. -like ears

More info about the races and their back grounds can be found here : http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-01-04/blade_and_soul_reveals_stories_about_the_four_races,1.shtml

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Ah man, I've been waiting for this game for years now, too bad it seems to end as a P2P.
And as it seems there still showing the same ingame scenes in their trailer as a few years ago, makes me wonder if they had made any progress...

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
I believe I created a while ago (i beleive in 2010)a thread about this game. The release date was by that time unknown. NCsoft planned to release this game in 2010, but their plans got delayed. Now we have the year 2011, 2nd Korean closed Beta has started. When the game will be available in EU/NA is still not specified. Probably 2012.
Iam checking often "http://news.mmosite.com/". On this page are tons of posts about Blade and Soul, the most anticipated mmo and more bla bla. Well thats nice, but all this information is about the Korean version of the game...

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Just wanted to update this thread a bit. HorridRyona made a wiki entry for it here <3 with a lot of basic info about the game in terms of ryona and links to a few of his videos.

I mean there isn't too much ryona in the game, but there's definitely more than most (if not all) MMO's. I really like the whole crawling when you're down thing and this game has hit sounds. HIT SOUNDS. YEEEAAAA-- sorry. Got a little excited there. I haven't gotten far enough into the game where enemies will knock you down and pummel you or do any holds, but hoping I'm not too far off. NCSoft also made Aion which was pretty visually stunning considering the requirements for the game, and they definitely didn't skimp in B&S. I'm not sure what the requirements are, but I've seen some recordings from a guy with a GTX 260, which isn't a terribly powerful graphics card, pulling decent FPS in cutscenes. The gameplay is pretty standard fare MMO "pick up quest, kill/pickup shit, finish quest" but if you don't mind that, I guess that isn't really worth mentioning.

I made a couple videos myself. One is just a little gameplay video and the other is the prologue cutscene for a Kun Force Master character I made.

The cutscenes were pretty nifty, although it felt like I was watching DBZ or something. :3

Last edited:

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Cutscenes are pretty amazing, too bad most other mmos have really bad cutscenes or they don't even bother doing them.

And the requirements for the game are
Minimum Spec:
CPU: Intel Dual core/AMD Athlon 64X2 or better
RAM: 2G or better
VGA: nVidia Geforce 8600GT/AMD Radeon HD4600 or better
HDD: 15GB
OS: Windows XP (Service pack 2), Vista, Win7 (32bit / 64bit)
DirectX: 9.0c

Recommended:
CPU: Intel Quad core/AMD Phenom II X4 or better
RAM: 4G or better
VGA: nVidia Geforce 8800GTX / AMD Radeon HD4850 or better
HDD: 15GB
DirectX: 9.0c

I have the minimum specs :<

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
Looks like noone updated this thread so:

- The Chinese version of Blade & Soul is in OBT since 28.11.2013

- There is no IP Block which means it is accessible for everyone.

If you wanna give it a try, you have to register a QQ account.

How do I register a QQ account ?
Go to mmosite or blade & soul dojo. There is all information needed for creating the account and how to install the game.

I am playing it since the release. I have never seen an MMO with so beautiful graphics.
Playing it from USA or Europe might be laggy, thats why a VPN or a Gamebooster might be useful.

Zekapa

Potential Patron
There was an incredibly beautiful ryona video of B&S that involved kung-fu masters dressing in a bosses' clothes doing a sort of 'chokesleeper' move. I think it was removed from youtube. Did anyone happen to save it? Thanks in advance.

summonmint

Avid Affiliate
There was an incredibly beautiful ryona video of B&S that involved kung-fu masters dressing in a bosses' clothes doing a sort of 'chokesleeper' move. I think it was removed from youtube. Did anyone happen to save it? Thanks in advance.
I don't konw which video you ask but I can record some 'chokesleeper' for you if you still need it :P

Zekapa

Potential Patron
I don't konw which video you ask but I can record some 'chokesleeper' for you if you still need it :P

I would love to, if it wouldn't be a hassle. I really liked your other videos as well; I wish my computer had the specifications to run B&S decently. Thank you in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.