Black Desert Online Modding Tools (2 Viewers)

carlows

Potential Patron
Meta Injector 1.4.0.1

why skipped ?

Kirax

Potential Patron
Can anybody update the paz browser? It's no longer exporting the textures correctly on the KR client.

MaxTheMiracle

Potential Patron
Hi there, quick question, i try to import on 3dsmax2020 the dae file from the pac to dae tool, and its ok, but it looses skinning, while in blender is ok, what do i have to do?

MaxTheMiracle

Potential Patron
Try fbx version 2016/2017 when exporting to dae file
No , the problem is when I Import the dae file in 3dsMax , the work around I’m using is importing dae in blender and exporting so o can use 3Ds ,
The Problem when I import dae directly on 3Ds is that it looses the skinning part due to an error , trd or something

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
No , the problem is when I Import the dae file in 3dsMax , the work around I’m using is importing dae in blender and exporting so o can use 3Ds ,
The Problem when I import dae directly on 3Ds is that it looses the skinning part due to an error , trd or something
pactool extracts meshes and bones but cannot extract skinning information
But
It can import dae files with skin information into pac.
Can you read the extracted dae file with a blender and move the bone to move the mesh?
If so, I may know for the first time

MaxTheMiracle

Potential Patron
pactool extracts meshes and bones but cannot extract skinning information
But
It can import dae files with skin information into pac.
Can you read the extracted dae file with a blender and move the bone to move the mesh?
If so, I may know for the first time
Hey, glad I could help :) and the answer is yes , I’m into the dark souls 3 mod community , and I like my ports as originals as they can be :) , I have 4 bdo costumes ready with original rig :)

E

Extimi

Hello everyone :)

I am on a quest to understand the character template file and apply it to the base model so i can get a model of my character.

What I have done so far:
Use ICE Decryption to decrypt template files (thank you BlackFireBR and Miau Lightouch)
Compare template files (change individual sliders -> make template -> find differences)

With some succes. Inspecting the changes reveals the spesific locations in the temp file which are affected by this change.

So fare so good but now I am suck and hope for some expert imput. The textblock containing slider values have default values "F2B50793 4FC90E71" changing one slider affects 4 such "values" ie 32 bytes. Sadly i fail do find meaning in those values. They do not seem to represent any comon type (int16, single ...). Could it be that the files are still compressed? I tried but failed to decompress them with QuickBMS tho I have to admit this is a completely new field for me.

PS: Yes I am aware that those files do not contain the character model but rather changes to the base model. Still this is the right place to get the information I am looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

unknownadventurer

Potential Patron
Is there still no proper way to reproduce the old .bexcel file or something similar? The only thing I found is loaddatafiles.txt which seems to be an index file.

ygordanniel

Potential Patron
Hey folks. I extracted the datasheets.bexcel from PAZ files and edited the weight of Silver, after that I used the Meta Injector and it injects successfully but the game starts to crash on launch. I'm using v491.

Could anyone help me?

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
collada version 1.4.1
Import:
3ds max 2017 script: open collada 2017

Export
If you output it with open collada of 3ds max 2017, you can read it with FBX dae.
In other words, you can edit with maya

Lunarey

Potential Patron
Yeah i have the tool, what im asking is how or if i can convert more than one file at a time.

Disgruntled

Potential Patron
I have been spending hours trying to get the import/export tools to work but it is going absolutely nowhere. I extract pnw_00_nude_0001.pac, convert it to pnw_00_nude_0001_mesh00_lod0.DEA, edit and export the DEA mesh, convert it back to pnw_00_nude_0001.pac; copy this .pac to the "files_to_patch" folder, run meta_injector but then the game just crashes. I want to be able to change the shape of a character's body without having to rely on slider mods that max out at 5.0.

I've tried editing/exporting with blender, the .pac crashed the game when I clicked the character.
I've tried editing/exporting with Maya 2018 to DAE-FBX; it still just crashes.
I read one response saying to install "open collada" on 3ds max 2017. So I imported the DAE-FBX from Maya into 3dsmax, then exported using the open collada plugin and this time....the game still crashed. I've noticed that the vertex groups are all gone after exporting from Maya using DAE-FBX. and didn't come back after exporting with open collada. I suspect this might have something to do with it but I wouldn't know since I've never been able to get these """""simple""""" instructions to do anything other than crash my game as soon as I click on the kunoichi i'm trying to edit. The .pac file is about 30kb smaller after going through all of these steps so maybe something is missing?

I'm convinced I've either been given incomplete or outdated instructions because I am following them as closely as I can and the only result thus far has been the game crashing. Is there a subfolder within "files_to_patch" that I'm supposed to copy the modified pnw_00_nude_0001.pac file to? Because leaving it outside the .resorpless folder just looks....wrong. The game won't even start while the .pac file is located there because of "suspicious activity".

Disgruntled

Potential Patron
I'm convinced I've either been given incomplete or outdated instructions...

Turns out I was onto something. When our favourite brazillian said:
Place the .pac file you just created into "Black Desert Online\Paz\files_to_patch\"

He actually meant "Place the .pac file in "Back Desert Online\Paz\files_to_patch\.resorepless\...""
Capture.PNG

This is why my game was crashing: you can't just place mesh edits randomly in the files to patch folder and leave it up to the program to decide where these things go; mesh edits have to be put in their character's respective subdirectory within the .resorpless folder. I ended up having to find my characters overwrite folder, create a nude folder, place the modified .pac in there, then run meta injector. Sheesh, talk about filling in the blanks...

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
As an aside, remember that the version of dae (collada) extracted by pactool is 1.3.0.
It is necessary to match the version of opencollada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.