Black Desert Online Modding Tools (1 Viewer)

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Trying to figure out what is wrong with my file offsets.
math TMP = 9231156 # Pos after the file blocks ends

OFFSET AFTER FILE BLOCK=9455156
Indeed, TOTAL_FILE_BLOCKS indicates there there should be 362758 file blocks next, but there are only 318759 blocks:
blocks.jpg

That's why the offset is wrong, it has less file blocks than it says it should have.

You are getting the script error after the file 318,759 because after this file block, in the next loop, it runs the command:
Code:
get HASH long
get FOLDER_NUM long
and HASH has now 187008 (which is the FOLDER_PART_LENGTH) but this doesn't cause any errors yet, because the HASH is not used for anything in the script.

But when it runs
Code:
get FOLDER_NUM long
it reads:
FOLDER.jpg

FOLDER_NAME has now the value 2387232502 (8E 4A 46 F8)

and then when it does:
Code:
getarray NAME 1 FOLDER_NUM

It access the position 2387232502 of the array NAME (which has the folder names), and this position is bigger then the maximum size of the array (because it's nonsense and it shouldn't be used to access the array's position)

So that's why you get the script error.

It's still a mystery those 256,000 bytes. Even if they were file blocks, there are 7791 files missing, and 7791 * 28 = 218,148 which leaves us with 256,000 - 218,148 = 37,852 bytes that we don't know what they are for.

Keep it up with the digging, maybe we can make sense out of something if we put our heads together.

Kera

Vivacious Visitor
Given the data being basically random, safe to assume it is encrypted. So first order of business would be decrypting it.

erohakase

Potential Patron
I'm gonna have to ask, is there any way to use this mod to get back to using japanese/korean voices rather than the english ones?

b2070435

Potential Patron
Hi,
When using this tool I'm getting weird UI glitches as well as corrupted files.
I'm using it with the following files_to_patch:
character/
multiplemodeldesc.xml
partcombinationdesc.xml
texture/
PBW_00_NUDE_0001.DDS
pew_00_ub_0034_01_hair.dds
pew_00_ub_0034_hair.dds
PEW_01_NUDE_0001.DDS
PHW_01_NUDE_0001.DDS
pwm_01_dgr_0003.dds
PWW_01_NUDE_0001.dds​
Those are files from the resorepless nude mod with transparent kibelius option plus dummy texture to hide the steel dagger clipping into my witch's arm.

UI glitch to reproduce:
Launch the game, select server, click create new char, pick kuno, apply random preset from album(not sure if it's important), enter name, click create, forget to choose zodiac, choose zodiac, click create. Result - screen goes black with character creation UI still in place, mouse cursor goes jumps to the opposite sides of the screen borders like it's a globe. Can click some buttons for various results, but the game will stuck on some 'loading' eventually.
Also having some minor glitches like random speech bubble above character's head.
"File corrupted" crash happened near the Rakshan Observatory node.

Had to re-check files with the launcher.

Please help!

b2070435

Potential Patron
Hi,
When using this tool I'm getting weird UI glitches as well as corrupted files.
I'm using it with the following files_to_patch:
character/
multiplemodeldesc.xml
partcombinationdesc.xml
texture/
PBW_00_NUDE_0001.DDS
pew_00_ub_0034_01_hair.dds
pew_00_ub_0034_hair.dds
PEW_01_NUDE_0001.DDS
PHW_01_NUDE_0001.DDS
pwm_01_dgr_0003.dds
PWW_01_NUDE_0001.dds​
Those are files from the resorepless nude mod with transparent kibelius option plus dummy texture to hide the steel dagger clipping into my witch's arm.

Somehow removing multiplemodeldesc.xml and partcombinationdesc.xml seems to fixed this for me. I guess I'll just stick to the texture swapping for now.

Kera

Vivacious Visitor
I had tried something similar, without luck.

I also have no real experience in decrypting, either. Do you know how the original key was found?

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
I had tried something similar, without luck.

I also have no real experience in decrypting, either. Do you know how the original key was found?
Guys from Xentax's forum found out, they are in a different level than us, they are the ones that make all those quickbms scripts, but unfortunately most of their findings were taken down because the developers told them so.

Gone4Good

Content Creator
Guys from Xentax's forum found out, they are in a different level than us, they are the ones that make all those quickbms scripts, but unfortunately most of their findings were taken down because the developers told them so.
So the game was really, really cracked? Or something? If the devs didn't come here yelling at you BlackFire and Princess Nicky (and Joku and RayWing etc...), then they must've basically broken the game wide open! :D

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
So the game was really, really cracked? Or something? If the devs didn't come here yelling at you BlackFire and Princess Nicky (and Joku and RayWing etc...), then they must've basically broken the game wide open! :D
Yeah, I don't know what they found out, but they were not happy about it apparently.
I just hope they don't do the same thing to us. We are just having fun.

Gone4Good

Content Creator
Yeah, I don't know what they found out, but they were not happy about it apparently.
I just hope they don't do the same thing to us. We are just having fun.
Nah. I doubt they care much about nude mods. Costume swapping? Likely. But nude mods, especially ones like the transparent Kibelius outfit, actually promote sales of the game and the outfits. I honestly probably wouldn't have even gotten the game if I didn't see these nude mods here. ;-)

Whatever those guys did to bust the game open has now been done, and will likely resurface. Also, if they found these guys, they quite likely already know all about this site and its BDO mods. It's quite easy to google 'Black Desert mods'. If they were upset about nude mods, I suspect someone here would've learned about that by now. Most likely you or RayWing for making modding tools. :p

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Yeah, probably is, if they patch for one of them, both of them will stop working, because they use the same principle :/

Kera

Vivacious Visitor
They intentionally broke Resorep (and specifically it). Safe to assume they have known about this site for months and are keeping tabs on it.

Their encryption and modification of the meta file also speaks of partial efforts to curb the meta patcher exploit. If they really wanted to fix it it would not be hard. In the interest of keeping the mod afloat, I will not list ways to do it.

For texture modding, it would be hard to beat a resorep version that did hash checks of the input files rather than just relying on the resource name (the resource names were based on hashes anyways, would just have to start generating them for loaded textures and comparing). However, that would be significantly worse for performance due to having to hash textures as they load to check and replace them.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
For texture modding, it would be hard to beat a resorep version that did hash checks of the input files rather than just relying on the resource name (the resource names were based on hashes anyways, would just have to start generating them for loaded textures and comparing). However, that would be significantly worse for performance due to having to hash textures as they load to check and replace them.
Psst, that was exactly the way Resorep worked. Same as uMod. But BDO engine now adds some randomness into texture after loading from disk and before sending a texture into DirectX. Not a big deal actually but I have no need fix Resorep since there is a better tool from BlackFireBR.

Kera

Vivacious Visitor
Ah, my apologies. I knew it used hashes, but apparently misunderstood how it obtained them (I thought it was using resource metadata rather than scanning the resource pixels itself).

BlackFireBR

Content Creator

fileextractor-gif.gif

The tool now allows you to:
1 - Extract all game files
2 - Extract textures only
3 - Extract .PAC files only
4 - Extract .xml files only
5 - Extract by extension
6 - Extract a specific file

Download Link:
Black Desert Online File Extractor

Instructions:
1 - Extract the zip file to your PAZ folder.
2 - Run File Extractor.exe
3 - Use the options on the screen to do what you want.

Interesting facts about the program:
1 - Extract all game files:
You can chose 2 options:
Slow - Extracts 100 percent of the files, it goes in each .PAZ file one by one and extracts all files. It takes a lot of time.
Fast - Extracts 98 percent of the file, uses a fixed version of the blackdesert.bms script to use the pad00000.meta file to extract all the files that this files tells you the game has, which unfortunately skips around 8000 files (2%) because they are not present in this file, but it's way faster than the first method.

5 - Extract by extension:
- Searches each PAZ files for the extension you type.
Example:
Extension: .ai
Will go in each .PAZ file and extract the files only if they have the .ai extension.

- It uses the file pazNamesRelations.txt which has the following structure:
FILE_NAME|PAZ_NAME

Example:
pew_00_ub_0001.pac|PAD00057.PAZ

The program looks for the file name you type in this file, if it finds, it opens the .PAZ file and extracts only that file for you.
If the file is not present in the pazNamesRelations.txt, the program will now open each .PAZ file of your game and search for the file name your typed, starting from the last .PAZ to the fist one (if the file wasn't in the .txt file it most likely was added after the .txt file was generated and it probably is located in the latest .PAZ files)
-------------------------------------------------
I haven't tested the program that much so it most likely has a lot of bugs and mistakes that escaped me. If anyone find anything not working properly, please let me know.

I hope you guys can find this tool useful.

Source code: Source Code - Black Desert Online File Extractor v1.1
----------------------------------------------

Last edited:

dx_treme

Potential Patron

The tool now allows you to:
1 - Extract all game files
2 - Extract textures only
3 - Extract .PAC files only
4 - Extract .xml files only
5 - Extract by extension

Download Link:
Black Desert Online File Extractor

Instructions:
1 - Extract the zip file to your PAZ folder.
2 - Run File Extractor.exe
3 - Use the options on the screen to do what you want.

Interesting facts about the program:
1 - Extract all game files:
You can chose 2 options:
Slow - Extracts 100 percent of the files, it goes in each .PAZ file one by one and extracts all files. It takes a lot of time.
Fast - Extracts 98 percent of the file, uses a fixed version of the blackdesert.bms script to use the pad00000.meta file to extract all the files that this files tells you the game has, which unfortunately skips around 8000 files (2%) because they are not present in this file, but it's way faster than the first method.

5 - Extract by extension:
- Searches each PAZ files for the extension you type.
Example:
Extension: .ai
Will go in each .PAZ file and extract the files only if they have the .ai extension.

- It uses the file pazNamesRelations.txt which has the following structure:
FILE_NAME|PAZ_NAME

Example:
pew_00_ub_0001.pac|PAD00057.PAZ

The program looks for the file name you type in this file, if it finds, it opens the .PAZ file and extracts only that file for you.
If the file is not present in the pazNamesRelations.txt, the program will now open each .PAZ file of your game and search for the file name your typed, starting from the last .PAZ to the fist one (if the file wasn't in the .txt file it most likely was added after the .txt file was generated and it probably is located in the latest .PAZ files)
-------------------------------------------------
I haven't tested the program that much so it most likely has a lot of bugs and mistakes that escaped me. If anyone find anything not working properly, please let me know.

I hope you guys can find this tool useful.

Source code: Source Code - Black Desert Online File Extractor v1.1
----------------------------------------------
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.