Battle K-Road (1 Viewer)

Mardion

Potential Patron
Battle K-Road [Arcade]

Published : 1994
Genre : Fighting
Ryona rating : 2/5

Ryona:

• Two identical female characters out of a roster of fourteen selectable characters and a boss, which is a bear.
  • Realistic fighting based on martial arts tournaments (the boss being an exception).
  • Some characters have a wide array of grabs.
  • Often during gameplay, a character may fall on her knees and clutch her belly in pain.

Gameplay note:
Whenever a character is dropped onto the ground (whether is because she was hit heavily, thrown, or after clutching her ailing belly) ,the fighting immediately stops and is resumed after a small pause during which both characters have been moved to their starting standing positions. The purpose was to emulate real-world tournaments, but unfortunately that serves to break up the action, however briefly.

Female Characters:
  • Tyssa and Yuki are the Jiu-Jutsu experts of the game. Their movements are fast and precise.

Screenshots:

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Christ, this game is awful. I regret downloading it. Not even worth the ryona, really. If you've never seen this game, count yourself lucky, and keep it that way.

You see the last picture there, with Tyssa knocked down? Yeah. She still has life left... every freakin' time you take a character off their feet, they fall down, ther game stops, the screen flashes up "Down!" and then the fighters reposition themselves like the fight is just starting.

It. Is. TERRIBLE. It isn't even worth emulating. This is easily one of the shittiest games I've played, ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardion

Potential Patron
^Thank you for repeating what was already written in the Gameplay Note in the article :-P While it is a bad idea and is frustrating at first, I don't think it's that terrible and you get used to it pretty fast, allowing you to savor some excellent moves this game has. Plus it can be seen as an additional ryona element ; the girl who is continuously hit strongly enough to fall down and is unable to get up, yet she is forced to rise nonetheless and continue to fight the same match, knowing full well that she will be put down again... and again... and again...

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
It had to be repeated, I can't reiterate enough just how bad this game is. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.