Audio MP3s + Dialogues (1 Viewer)

itsme420

Potential Patron
Wheres this self explanatory audio template guide for turning the mp3's & dialouge text into a swf mod?

EDIT:
Attached, MP3s + Dialogue.

Attachments

Anko.rar
551.9 KB · Views: 2,255

Aqua.rar
702.1 KB · Views: 1,613

itsme420

Potential Patron
Didn't think I asked the same question, I asked if I named the mp3's & set up the dialogue correctly... Which im guessing I did, I still would like to know how to turn them into an actual swf? Instead of relying on Anon to do it as he says its easy regardless & hes the only one trying, Konashions audio mod guides seem to be down btw

EDIT:
I'll be making a cleaned up version of the Anko mp3 (Lot of background music lol) & releasing a bunch of character mp3/dialogue packs soon! If you can do something with them feel free I have no clue lol, Again I can take requests as I find the whole process rather fun

itsme420

Potential Patron
Over 120 sorted & named mp3 clips + Dialogue (VERY CRISP & CLEAN AUDIO!) This one is x1000 times better then my first attempts. Gaige:Border Lands 2

Attachments

Gaige.rar
2.8 MB · Views: 1,465

BuckWild

Modder
Streamer
I wonder if Anon ever gave us a clue to how he was able to get audio dialogues to work? You'd think he'd want others to know so he doesn't have to do it. I mean, I could swear he still wants an audio dialogue for Jessie of Team Rocket from Pokemon, so I can't see him being quiet about it.

itsme420

Potential Patron
Well if he's holding the information for ransom (jk) until he gets a Jessie sound pack & dialogue I have no problem doing it... I also want to learn the process for myself because I don't want this post to become a grave yard filled with tons of my unused sound packs lol & I want everyone to have at least ONE audio mod to go with there favorite character(s)

(Note my Maya:BorderLands2, MP3+Dialogue will be up tomorrow i'm too tired right now to double check everything.. & work on Mad Moxxxi has started)

BuckWild

Modder
Streamer
itsme420 said:
Well if he's holding the information for ransom (jk) until he gets a Jessie sound pack & dialogue I have no problem doing it... I also want to learn the process for myself because I don't want this post to become a grave yard filled with tons of my unused sound packs lol & I want everyone to have at least ONE audio mod to go with there favorite character(s)

(Note my Maya:BorderLands2, MP3+Dialogue will be up tomorrow i'm too tired right now to double check everything.. & work on Mad Moxxxi has started)

Believe me, so many users have wanted to learn the process. It usually just turned out that Anon was either too lazy or was on one of his many hiatuses.

itsme420

Potential Patron
Then why are people made to feel like griefers for asking? Or are made to feel stupid by being told its obvious & easy to do? I've searched everywhere for a guide & have found nothing... No one gives a straight answer to this question, its always those two responses "Stop asking... or (basically that) It's obvious & easy but I'll make it for you instead of telling you how to do it yourself" You'd think you would want to share that info & get the Audio Dialogue section alive again.. I mean if I knew how I could have had 4-5 audio swf's posted instead of just mp3+dialogue... Oh well lol CX
(Not to mention most of the links for the audio swf's are dead)

BuckWild

Modder
Streamer
itsme420 said:
Then why are people made to feel like griefers for asking? Or are made to feel stupid by being told its obvious & easy to do? I've searched everywhere for a guide & have found nothing... No one gives a straight answer to this question, its always those two responses "Stop asking... or (basically that) It's obvious & easy but I'll make it for you instead of telling you how to do it yourself" You'd think you would want to share that info & get the Audio Dialogue section alive again.. I mean if I knew how I could have had 4-5 audio swf's posted instead of just mp3+dialogue... Oh well lol CX

As far as I'm aware, only Anon was asked to explain the process. I'm sure SClover would be more than willing to give an effort if he was ever asked. But Anon basically does anything he can to avoid effort on many occasions. What strikes me as odd was his import pack and a few loader guides were kept up to date up until March 2013 at the latest. From then on, he was extremely scarce around here.

So yeah, shoot SClover a PM and hope he responds in a timely manner. He's been online often enough to not turn into a zombie artist.

ModGuy

Content Creator
itsme420 said:

I looked briefly, can't see any obvious answer to this so I'll provide a pseudo solution for now:
Observe the format for existing audio dialogue SWFs using a decompiler of your choice, recreate the format using your own resources.

Add each sound clip to the document library and link it with some AS3 reference.
After this, throw setup code on the first frame of the template:

Code:
setupDialogue("DIALOGUE_NAME");
registerDialogue("LINE_TYPE", "LINE_CONTENT", "CLASS_NAME");

Where CLASS_NAME takes the AS3 reference in string form.

Note: This is information derived from an existing dialogue, I haven't tested this for myself.
This code is used with the official template.
If you're still confused after this I don't blame you, existing info is cryptic at best.

EDIT:
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3993.msg58401#msg58401
This seems to touch on the idea but is slightly different. A little bit of reverse engineering will point in the right direction. Have an attempt and if you're still making no progress we can look in to this.

itsme420

Potential Patron
Damn MG you basically just stole my day away from me lol! But on a serious note this is greatly appreciated & I'll see what I can do, I really want to start giving back to this community

BuckWild

Modder
Streamer
itsme420 said:
Damn MG you basically just stole my day away from me lol! But on a serious note this is greatly appreciated & I'll see what I can do, I really want to start giving back to this community

Heh, well, be aware that MG calls this a pseudo-solution for a reason. Although, at this point, it is the best solution, it comes with a possible side effect of producing inaccurate code after decompilation (the reason why he also mentioned not having tested his theory, so you wouldn't instantly think it'd work).

Still, it's something to go on, but if you're at all stuck from all the other guides you find, try asking around for the authors of the audio dialogues that exist in this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.