Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!! (5 star) (1 Viewer)

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
maxresdefault.jpg

5 star is part of name sometime when searching... 6 star is being developing. Kickstarter fund already.

This is a 2D anime fighting game. It has mostly girls of different variety and I enjoy this game a lot because the fights are fun with many air dash and play. Please visit niconico or youtube to watch some video of combat if interested.

Fun note. Animated character portraits on side of screen is nice to watch. They change reaction when attack or special or getting hit
4be17081a208cdbc44e0e389c28be7a797dafdd2-927638.png

Arcana-Heart-3-Love-Max_2014_05-01-14_007.jpg

There is Kira in a swimsuit who fights from in a water slime!!
Arcana-Heart-3-Love-Max-screenshot-14.png

Catherine is a bunny girl costume.... In a giant mecha!
max3.jpg

Many many characters to have fun
ADrj6rf.jpg

Sprites have been rip already.
I think full nude mod will be too much work. If can repack sprite into game I would like to see some changes like making the skirts of girls behave more lewdly :grin:
Akane Inukawa_0133.png
Akane Inukawa_0186.png

Saki Tsuzura_0043.png
Saki Tsuzura_0237.png

Catherine Kyobashi_0223.png
Catherine Kyobashi_0221.png
Catherine Kyobashi_0255.png
Catherine Kyobashi_0233.png

Boronic

Swell Supporter
Like I said in the Guilty Gear thread, Umod gave me a bunch of this:
AH3LM_W1024_H1024_F28_T_0X6A77D094C25B5BB7.png

Which you can edit. I selected some of Kira's (Swim suit girl) skin with an ellipse tool and made a flesh colored ellipse. Shading was applied to that ellipse automatically making some kind of weird Flesh Bean. It seems these textures dictate color as well as shading.

Modifying these textures might be important, but if it is, it's only a piece of the puzzle. It can't insert line art, it can only cover lines with colored shapes, which is less useful than you might think.

My theory is that there is probably a file in the game that we could use to edit colors, like in kof13, and if we could import custom sprites, we might not need to mess with these textures too much.

BUT I don't have much experience doing these kinds of things so I could be completely wrong. I'd be nice to have someone with experience set me straight so I could know what I'm getting into.

Boronic

Swell Supporter
Meltyblood on the other hand is totally easy to edit because umod just gives me the sprites.
20170813104355_1.jpg

It seems that older games (like Guilty Gear AC+R and Melty Blood) just have sprites which you can edit directly, and newer games (like Under Night and I guess Arcana Heart some how) use these texture shader things.

Oh and don't expect too much more Melty Blood out of me, the outfits in that game are fairly conservative and not easy to skimpify.

(Edit: sorry only the PSP version of ggac+ is giving me textures my mistake)

Last edited:

Boronic

Swell Supporter
I thought resorep only worked with :DX11 or whatever? Since Umod worked I figured resorep wouldn't but I'll give it a shot!

Also I totally lied and have gotten caught up in Melty Blood modding so I'm gonna be distracted by that for the next day or two, sorry! ADHD is a crazy thing

Boronic

Swell Supporter
Well I'll be looking into Arcana Heart as well as those requests to see what I can do.
No-Shorts Miyako comes first because it's the simplest thing on my plate and I'm halfway done already.

Boronic

Swell Supporter
accidentally saved over half my edits with original sprites :(

Anyway, what I'm learning from doing this is that sprite editing isn't that hard, but it's very time consuming. Topless and pantsless mods take days to complete, but something like a bottomless mod for linne wouldn't take too long if I could just figure out how to mod the sprites

Update: Full moon Miyako is done and archetype seems promising. I should probably make a separate thread for these.
MBAA_W128_H256_F25_T_0X7CE128EEABBA5E07.png
(Again this could take a very long time to finish if I decide to do it)

Last edited:

Boronic

Swell Supporter
Slight lead for Arcana Heart LOVEMAX SIXSTAR!!!!!!.
The sprites are found in wherever your arcana heart files are\SteamData\data\ahdata\act\chara. They are compressed into .pac files that can be extracted with Hipster (Dropbox - hipster.exe) by using its explore fucntion.
When you extract them you get 3 new .pac files which are called paldata, palimg, and tbldata.

Extracting paldata.pac gives you pallet files which could probably be changed in the same way BlazBlue's can but I haven't tried.
Extracting tbldata.pac gives you a .tbl file. I don't really know what this is.
And extracting palimg.pac gives you sprites in the form of .hip files.

If we could convert .hip files to image files and back again, I could work on lewd mods for both this AND BlazBlue. Hipster can convert BB's hip files to png's but it cant to the reverse. Hipster cannot parse Arcana Heart's hip files though.

Last edited:

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
I feel like any post you make warrants an obligatory cheer on my side!!
stop stirring up hopes in me!
seriously good job and hope your many game attempts yield the results we desperately seek after.
Keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.