Advanced dialogue writing help (1 Viewer)

Hank East

Content Creator
So I've got a few ideas floating around my head for some dialogues, however my dialogue writing knowledge is pretty limited and I don't really know how to put these ideas to work.

If anyone's willing to assist me in writing advanced and progressive dialogues, please post it here or PM me with instructions.

Bellow are the ideas that's come to my head thus far:

A blind maiden seeks the help of the gods to heal her blindness. The one who awnsers her prayers is none other than Zeus himself. If you know anything about greek mythology and Zeus, you've probably guessed where this is going.

I'm looking for a linear progressive dialogue where she slowly regain her eye sight with each of Zeus' ejaculations until she finally fully regains it. Once this happens I want to have a choice(Perhaps with button presses): Either she continues sucking off Zeus of her own free will OR Zeus gets a bit more...Zeus-y and continues to do her against her will

Felicia, the clumsy yet adorable maid from FE: Fates, gets called to her master's private quarters. However, he's got much more in mind than just tea and biscuits...

For this one I was just looking for an animtools-using position-changing dialogue with buttons. No real progression or ending, just Felicia doing the one task she'll (probably) not screw up on.

A chinese restaurant gets visited by a food critic who hated the food and plans to give it a bad review. The owner's daughter, not wanted her family's restaurant to go out of business, tries persuading him until she resorts to offering him an item that's not on the menu

Basically a progressive dialogue like the Zeus one where he gets more and more convinced with each ejaculation, though with no "bad" ending (or at least I'm not thinking of including one for now)

If anyone's willing to help, I'd greatly appreciate it. I only need help in coding the dialogues, all the writing I can do by myself.

P.S. Before anyone says something (Lookin' at ya Mr. Stuntcock :P) I have consulted a few dialogue-writing guides, and though they were helpful in explaining a few things, I still don't know how to exactly construct more advanced dialogues.

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi Hank-East,

I am myself beginning dialogue writing and I can confirm that when you want to do advanced things, it can really become a pain to troubleshoot and debug ! But you should understand that your request is also really imprecise and so it is difficult to help you because what you ask for is basically writing the dialogue for you (more or less).

I will try to help by telling you what I've done myself:

1) You effectively do need to read the dialoge guides here:
The Comprehensive Dialogue Guide
Pim_gd's Advanced Dialogue Guide (v1.01 - updated 10 December 2013)

and you'll find a lot of useful informations in the DialogueActions thread here:
Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.02 (1 Mar 2016)

2) Try dialogues from other people, select the ones which seem to be the best for you and the ones where functionalities seem to be the same that what you want to do. Read them to get a glance at how other people before you used the dialogue tools and how they solved some problems that you may encouner (or just to find the right way to use a trigger like [LOAD_CHARCODE] for example ;)

When you've found those dialogues, use them as a base to construct your own dialogue, and begin simple wirting, just to launch yourself in the process. Then, you'll add more and more advanced options and what is important, you will come to us with real precise questions about something that you're trying to do and here we will be able to really help you.

I myself always have those dialogues opened in my Notepad++ editor alongside my own dialogues (but now I don't have to look at them very often, the more I write, the more I can solve my own problems myself): Loving Wife, Shape Shifting Succubus, Dynamic Girlfriend, Breast Expansion Girl... (MANY THANKS TO THEIR AUTHORS for the help they provide me in my own dialogue writing learning curve)

These are just example but I think they contain some very good things to start you on.
Try to avoid dialogues like Smart Girl or Break the Zen Master. They are really, really clever work, and they are really more like code than standard dialogue writing and you should not begin with them if you don't want to think that dialogue writing is totally unreachable for you ^^

3) Use the right Tools: Notepad++ is a very good tool to write dialogues and you will find some people who had written their own syntax coloring xml files especially designed for SDT (I found them a little bit too confusing so I created my own, if you want it, I'll attach it to this post. Just rename it to .xml because the forum did not allow me to upload a .xml file)

Begin with a loader that you already know, with mods that you know are working together: you don't want to be stuck on a non working thing that you saw on another dialogue, and which don't work in your own dialogue, just because your particular configuration is not the same !
I did begin with the latest sby's pack, which is really complete and functional. When you'll have more experience, you'll be able to tailor it to your own needs but we'll come to this later if you don't mind :)

4) Or you can just propose your ideas as a request for someone to write the dialogue for you... I really do like your Zeus idea but am very busy with my own ideas for now so you can either give it a try yourself and I'll try to help you when you'll have more precise questions, or you can just wait for me (or anyone else) to have the time to write it for you.

- - - - -

In any cases, good luck, this is not easy work :)

Attachments

Notepad UDL.txt
9.7 KB · Views: 117

Last edited:

Hank East

Content Creator
Thank you DrZombi DrZombi for replying with quite the lengthy and detailed response. I understood from the start that this wasn't gonna be an easy task but I didn't want to let my ideas go to waste. The Zeus dialogue will probably be the first I try writing since the premise is simple enough, just 3-4 stages of her slowly regaining sight topped off by a choice of endings.

Also, outta curiosity, what dialogues are you planning to write? :3

DrZombi

Content Creator
You're totally right, an idea should never go to waste when speaking about SDT (Ah ah !) :p
And I agree with you, the Zeus Dialogue should not be too hard to code, you'll just have to create a variable in your initial settings that you will update at each cum to track where you are in your progression.

I know that there is already *FINISHES*, but for what I understood, its main purpose is to add a custom text in a generic line, so that for example your line
restart:"You cum on my face *FINISHES*"
becomes You cum on my face once, or twice (if you set the lines
finish1:"Once"
et
finish2:"Twice"
But that does not give you direct access to the number of times he cummed. (EDIT: But you can now use the DialogueActions variable da.finishes if you really wanna know that) And more over, if you create your own variable, let's call it blindCure, you will be able to adjust it to your needs really better by increasing or decreasing it when you want and by the value you want, instead of just adding +1 at each cum.

unhappyZeus:"[herReaction*blindCure*]Oh so you don't want to tittyfuck me bitch ? Your god is not happy..." {'set":{"blindCure":"-2"'}}
herReaction1:"I can barely see black and white fogs, that's not clear view yet"

This is something to begin with but if course, it does not take into account the fact that the value has been increased or decreased. To do that, you could use another variable *highestBlindCure* for example, to track the highest level ever reached and compare, or you could trigger directly lines like herReactionOnDecrease: and herReactionOnIncrease:, depending on the level of complexity that you want to give to your dialogue.

P.S: I updated my Notepad++ file, It's a little better now :)

EDIT: Oups, I forgot your question about my dialogues. Well I have some ideas but since they're mainly dependant on my capacity to code some fun stuff, I do not want to tease them too much if am not able to do it. The dialogue I'm now writing was a simple idea at the beginning, just the story of a couple getting out of the restaurant and a little bit drunk on their way home. And as they are walking in a desert alley, the girl falls on the floor (yep I had to find something to explain why the story begins with her on her knees ah ah). But when the guy proposes to get her on her feet, she declines and tells him that it's probably the champagne but she feels like she is in mood to give him what he always wanted but that she's never done yet.
The idea is to have a relative dynamic dialogue, maybe not as good as what has been done by other people here, but still, her reactions are different for each situation, following her mood which will change dependeing on your actions. I also added some buttons to change between positions which will appear if you do the right thing, and the possibility for her to get topless if you're not an asshole. And then the dialogue totally became out of hands when I added a beast transformation for him when he spots the moonlight (she has to make him cum regularly to maintain his humanity or else...) Ah ah I don't know what that's dialogue is going to be but still it is a very good training for me because I had to manage a lot of things and I hope that I will be able to post it here in the next few days (weeks?).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.