Accessing Hidden Cum Variable (1 Viewer)

NeonJ

Avid Affiliate
Hey guys.

I've been looking around (and may have missed it), but is there a way to access SDT's hidden variable that tracks how many times the male character has cum?

I know about RESTART and FINISHES, but I'm trying to write a dialogue that would do comparative checks, based on how many times the male character came, without having to use FINISHES or custom variables that increment with the restart line (since they can misfire).

NeonJ

Avid Affiliate
Serious? Crap I assumed DialogueActions would've had something, but missed that tidbit in the readme.

Appreciate it, thank you.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Code:
g.totalFinishes
You should be able to access it via the da.finishes variable in dialogueActions.
Talking about it: I just tried to use exactly this "da.finishes" variable and it causes to end my dialogue without message.

timer_INSTANT:"*da.finishes*" {"style":"him"}

Any idea why?

Respectfully, Rudgar

Pim_gd

Content Creator
DialogueChecker knows more than I do, these days.

Code:
Dialogue was checked in 1 ms with v3.07 of the DialogueChecker.
I found 2 issue(s) with your dialogue, of which 0 were severe, 2 were major issues, and 0 were minor issues.

Syntax - Major: A variable insertion (*da.finishes*) contains the word "finish" on a line with line-attributes on line 1, col 15, near "timer_INSTANT:"*da.finishes*" (...)"
SDT will ignore lines that have finish in them, and also have line attributes.
Line 1: timer_INSTANT:"*da.finishes*" {"style":"him"}

Line Usage - Major: Line 1 is unused!
Line 1: timer_INSTANT:"*da.finishes*" {"style":"him"}

Once you've fixed these issues, try letting me look your dialogue over again. Maybe I'll find something new.

Sooooooo yeahhh you CAN use da.finishes but not if it also has line attributes.

Rudgar

Content Creator
DialogueChecker knows more than I do, these days.
Code:
Syntax - Major: A variable insertion (*da.finishes*) contains the word "finish" on a line with line-attributes on line 1, col 15, near "timer_INSTANT:"*da.finishes*" (...)"
SDT will ignore lines that have finish in them, and also have line attributes.
Sooooooo yeahhh you CAN use da.finishes but not if it also has line attributes.
:wat::wat::wat::wat::wat:
Why is THAT ?!?!

So how will I ever be able to access the number of his orgasms when she has fainted?!

NeonJ

Avid Affiliate
Hello again.

So I found a workaround for the initial problem, but now I'm curious about the variable, da.finishes, itself.

Is it read only? Can you increase/decrease it through dialogue?
I'm currently using Fleack's Loader and the "finishes" variable remains constant through subsequent loads (unless I delete the macromedia/roaming data/blahblahbla) and restart the whole loader. Could you write a dialogue that zeroes da.finishes in the initial settings thus allowing you to reload the dialogue rather than the whole loader itself? Or is it a loader setting treating "finishes" as a global variable or something?:wat:

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is it read only? Can you increase/decrease it through dialogue?
The underlying game variable can be freely manipulated, but the specific mechanism provided by dialogueActions is read-only.

Could you write a dialogue that zeroes da.finishes in the initial settings thus allowing you to reload the dialogue rather than the whole loader itself?
It's messy and complicated, but ... you could perhaps establish a baseline number when your dialogue is loaded, and then use arithmetic whenever you need to refer to the variable. Please forgive the sloppy pseudocode below -- I don't actually write dialogues and I don't remember the syntax.

Code:
init:[setvar orgasmsBeforeThisDialogue = da.finishes]
cum_on_face:Oh no you have ejaculated on me again.  This is the (da.finishes - orgasmsBeforeThisDialogue)th time it has happened!  How rude!

Could you write a dialogue that zeroes da.finishes in the initial settings thus allowing you to reload the dialogue rather than the whole loader itself?
Realistically though, it would probably be more practical to request a small Loader mod which would automatically zero out the counter whenever a new character is loaded, or whenever a RESET occurs (or both).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.