Shinigami outfit Mod of Rangiku Matsumoto Test Request (1 Viewer)

Sieg Warheit

Content Creator
I want some people to test a recent mod, because I'm not sure if it works well in all the versions of SDT game(or if it have a bug), so I'll be really gratefull if all of you can help me with that (testing the mod), its a Super Deep Throat Mod of the outfit of Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach.
The link of the mod: https://www.undertow.club/downloads/rangiku-shinigami-outfit.2856/
In sign of gratitude I'll be accepting some SDT Mods request!!! I'll be checking your answers!
1-png.57568
(A little demostration)

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
I want some people to test a recent mod
Hi Sieg Warheit Sieg Warheit . Welcome to the Undertow forum, and congratulations for tackling such an ambitious modding project.

The mod appears to be structured correctly, and it loads correctly for me (Loader 5.45c, Flash Player 23, Win10x64). The outfit scales and animates properly during gameplay. There's a minor gap at the left shoulder; the collarbone doesn't seem to connect to the left shoulder. The mod also lacks artwork for the "arms behind back" position, so the long sleeves simply vanish when her arms are placed behind the back. We can easily fix both of these problems with some minor revisions in Flash.

There's only one significant technical flaw: your implementation of breast slider support. The standard approach is to draw vectors on the various keyframes (corresponding to breast sizes 1, 50, 100, 123, and 150) and then use Shape Hints so that your clothes will automatically fit all of the intervening breast sizes. If everything works out properly, then you need to draw only six clothing shapes for the breast (or possibly twelve - it depends on whether your right-breast and left-breast clothing artwork need to be distinct).

You evidently ran into trouble while setting up the breast-clothing vectors (and/or the shape hints) and so you drew all of the individual clothing images as rasters. That's very thorough work (see here; @Huitznahua once did something similar). In this case, though, it was probably unnecessary work. Unlike Huit's bikini project, your Rangiku costume has no gradients on the breasts and it's therefore relatively straightforward to draw the breast fabric using regular vectors.

Next time that you run into similar trouble, please feel free to ask for support from other modders. We know that Flash is somewhat confusing, and we're aware that SDT modding adds layers of secrecy and weirdness on top of that. So we're always eager to assist a modder - especially a newcomer!

If you're willing to share your FLA file then I could try to setup the necessary vector shapes and Shape Hints. Or I could just setup the first few and then leave you to fill in the remaining keyframes. If you'd prefer to keep your source files private, then I can dig up some screenshots and "walkthrough" advice from previous breast-slider projects (and then leave you to do the actual work on your own). Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Once the edits have been made, we can publish an "update" to your shared file. Anyone who has downloaded the original version will automatically be notified of the change and prompted to download the new one.

-------------​

Sidenote: I've removed this tags from this thread, on the assumption that the thread will eventually include discussion of many other mods that you create (rather than just being limited to Bleach stuff). It's simply not technically feasible to tag every topic that a modder has touched; each thread can have only 50 tags IIRC. So instead I've copied the Bleach-related tags onto the actual Resource entry. Hence, your work will still be discoverable by anyone seeking Bleach stuff ... and anyone who visits your download page can easily navigate back to your thread (or they might just browse through the full listing of your available downloads).

Sieg Warheit

Content Creator
Thanks for the information and feedback stuntcock, and the answer at why I did the breast using vectors (exported as a png files) is that the flash application is so clumsy when you check all the 151 frames of that animation, and what I wanted to do was left a little part of the breast without cloth, I see that the mods of SDT are like sacred here, and dont misunderstand me, that is the way it must be, but well, that was my first contact with that kind of swf files, I`ll gonna take and follow your suggestions and try improve the mod that is about this post, and I`ll going to check all what you posted above (links) and thaks for everything, but I want to learn about this topic for myself, that is the way I always do all ever, and don`t worry, if I need some help I`ll going to ask you because my objective is improve.
Oh! I almost forget it, I am aware that the quality with imported png images is lower than the ones that are created with flash.
Once again, thanks! and see you later Mr. Moderator.

P.S.: I will be back very soon with the new version of the mod

Last edited:

Xsofresh

Potential Patron
First, and Foremost welcome aboard great to see another Creator around. So I tested out said mod on a total of 6 different versions of loaders some dating back to as late at 2012, with only 1 version not supporting requested mod. With every version that did support the mod they all looked exactly as the image you provided above none of them had any missing pieces of clothing etc... A list will be provided below of what I tested.

Versions supported include:

SDT Loader v5.12
4-Shot Edition

SDT Loader v5.21c
Promethean Edition

SDT Loader v5.25d
Cryptum Edition

SDT Loader v5.41b
Tsavo Highway Edition

Sby_loader 5.45

Version unsupported include:

SDT Loader v5.0 Beta
IWHBYD Edition

stuntcock

Content Creator
and what I wanted to do was left a little part of the breast without cloth
Slightly off-topic: you might want to take a look at the Snow White Business Attire mod. It has a notable implementation of the breast slider, in that the clothing does not grow. Hence, oversized breasts will spill out of the jacket and will eventually become completely exposed.

Such an approach wouldn't really fit your Bleach costume, but it's a neat idea to keep in mind for the future. It means that you can have a costume which appears "modest" on a small-chested character, but which becomes scandalous if the slider is increased. There are some SDT mods (and dialogues) which will adjust breast size during gameplay, and a well-crafted costume can help to fulfill viewer's fantasies by emphasizing size changes.

I see that the mods of SDT are like sacred here
I'm not criticizing you because "you did something sub-optimally and I like to mock other peoples' mistakes." I'm saying that "by applying the same amount of skill and effort via a slightly different technique, you can create something with cleaner visuals and better compatibility." It's obvious that you already have the talent needed to reach that goal. I believe that we have the resources to help you achieve that, and so I'm going to point out any potential improvements.

There are many things that we can't do in SDT because of technical or personal limitations. There are hairstyles that I'd love to animate, but which are simply infeasible to implement (because they'd reduce the game's FPS to unplayable levels). There are character designs that I'd like to work with, but I don't have the skill to draw the necessary artwork. There are shading and layering techniques which Flash doesn't support. Beatiful animation frameworks that I'll never be allowed to touch. No such roadblocks apply here. You've already created something very impressive, and we know how to fix the remaining issues.

but I want to learn about this topic for myself
That's fair. If you prefer to work solo then I won't insist. But I'd urge you to at least discuss your difficulties with other modders, instead of asking for help after you've already completed the "hard" version of a task. It's very difficult to animate a complex vector shape if you've never heard the words "Shape Hints." After you discover that concept, you suddenly understand why your project was misbehaving and you can immediately achieve much more. You can still do all of the reading about Shape Hints on your own; you can independently experiment with them and figure out how to incorporate them into your project.

The problem gets worse if you dive deeper into SDT features (rgbFill, lProxy, CustomElementLoader, etc). It's possible to learn about Shape Hints by attending classes on Flash, or through a Google search. If you're having trouble getting your mods to work with moreClothing then you might spend hours reviewing source code ... or you could spend five minutes talking to @sby. If you really want to learn AS3 solo then I won't try to stop you. I just hate to see talented people wasting their time, because it makes me feel guilty about not providing better tutorials.

Oh! I almost forget it, I am aware that the quality with imported png images is lower than the ones that are created with flash.
The issue isn't the relative quality of different PNG files. The goal is that a SWF ideally shouldn't include PNG files at all.

There are exceptions. mike's Batman costumes are very intricate, so it wasn't worth the effort needed to re-draw all of the details in vector form. He simply manipulated the raster shapes so that they'd fit the relevant bodyparts on the template. Within that same thread, you'll find a few examples of PNG files depicting photorealistic hairstyles. It's not practical to create such things in Flash, and some people really like the glossy appearance of real hair, so PNG is the correct answer. Some SWF files will also include "bundled" PNG files to serve as backgrounds or overlays.

But if you ever find yourself drawing vectors and then converting them into PNG files for inclusion in your mod ... there's probably something wrong :)

Sieg Warheit

Content Creator
Stuntcock...I will be honest...I read your last messaje yesterday and right now I don`t remember all what you wrote and is a very large messaje and is a little tired read it again so I will say just a little things; thanks for the information and like I had said, is spectacular the care that you have with the mods, honestly, and when I`ve said that was about the time of approbation that was given to the mod and is great that dedication. And one last thing: when I`ve said export vectors to png files was because that vectors was created with other program, not with flash, that is why I had exported the sequence to use it in flash. And for now that was all! Once again thanks

stuntcock

Content Creator
Sieg Warheit said:
Nice update! The vectors look clean and I couldn't find any problems with the slider activity. I've edited the Download page to remove the previous warnings (about filesize and skin color limits). Congratulations for figuring out all of the tween stuff on your own.

My only remaining complaint is that the left breast doesn't seem to be covered by black fabric; the left nipple is covered by the white edging but the breast itself is bare. The "underboob" element is also absent, which exposes a thin strip near the sternum. Here are some black-background screenshots which should help to illustrate. You don't actually need to add an Underboob element to your project; you could simply stretch the Chest sprite horizontally so that it fully covers the ribcage.

K5CGx68.jpg

Sieg Warheit

Content Creator
Thanks for the review and the info, I´ll going to check the problems that you mentioned and improve it, I think there will be a 1.2 version

Xsofresh

Potential Patron
Looks great messed around with it for a few minutes, and nothing looked off as far as I can tell. I'll try it out and do a comparison with the previous version later on.

In regards to the request accepting assuming that includes outfits, an outfit to match a recently made hair from D-Oxygen "Kagero" would be nice. I'll leave a reference I used prior below.

6IWUmOo.png

If I was mistaken, and you were only doing hair request then disregard that. I look forward to seeing more projects from you in the future.

Xsofresh

Potential Patron
What I was saying is I tested it out for a short period of time earlier, and during that time I came across no issues with it.

Sieg Warheit

Content Creator
Ok now it is clear, and I'll going to check the character that you posted and see their outfit; and about the hair topic...right now I'm not interested in create that kind of content, and you are right, when I've said "accepting SDT mods request" I was talking about outfit
Finally, thanks for your review!

Hank East

Content Creator
Kagero's outfit looks great! I'm surprised you made this in such few days!

I may make a request of my own soon, but I don't know what yet.

Sieg Warheit

Content Creator
Hank East Hank East nice to know that you liked the mod, and of course you can made your request... being honest it would be very helpful because right now I don't have any thought-out mod right now to make.
Xsofresh Xsofresh Enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.