Why can't superheroines ever lose to regular thugs? (1 Viewer)

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
See, then I could believe it. Giga/Zen videos would have to mix up their choice of superpower. I'm all for that though. Super strength is so cliche.

Mardion

Potential Patron
I like the way you think, Seth :-P You're right, if the thugs manage to surprise the heroines, they'd stand a very good chance of defeating them indeed. My only counter-argument comes in the case of Storm ; she doesn't need to fly to defeat a multitude of thugs as she can actually still conjure lightning and winds even in enclosed spaces. She'd probably not use lightning in order not to accidentally kill someone, but she'd still easily be able to push everyone off with one strong gust of wind bursting towards all directions with her as the center. But yeah, in the cases of Jubilee and Psylocke (whose telekinesis isn't very finely honed so she'd never be able to shoot them all away at once if they manage to catch her unaware) they could defeat them eventually if they manage to close up on them without them realising, and if the thugs know about Dazzler's ability and try to cover their eyes, they'd certainly have the edge. So, like BL, I agree with you that several non-superpowered heroines could be defeated by a sneaky gang of thugs. Come to think of it, if they are prepared and well-funded enough to have an adamantium sword with them, they'd also make light work of Shadowcat, as whenever she phases through adamantium, she immediately collapses because the adamantium is dense enough to hurt her innards, and she wouldn't be able to use her phasing abilities for a while, making her a ripe target for pummeling. [/nerd]

Seth

Potential Patron
I have a problems with Storm since in some stories it was told that she can't use most of her powers in the small, closded spaces. Also, she isn't really flying (like Supergirl) but rather gliding with the wind, so she can't avoid the trap and make sudden moves. I'd try to caught her with then net or lure into the closed space, then attack from all directions.
Phoenix would be probably hardest nut, since she's a telepath and telekinetic user at once, so it's pratically impossible to surprise her (if you are not telepath as well), but I think here something like gatling would work fine. She could probably stop most of the bullets, but I doubt she would be able to stop all of them. And since she hasn't super strenght or endurance, she'd eventually fall.
For those with super strenght brutal fight usually works nothing, but there are things like chloroform or gass. But if our generic thugs are clever enough, they'd use one of them (female would work best) to act like a hostage. 99% of heroines would surrender in such situation. And it's priceless to see their faces when they understand that they were cheated.
Also, if the thugs are strong in number, they can attack and try to sexually stimulate her body enough to make her weak and horny. But with super strong ones, like She-Hulk, Wonder Woman or Rahne it would be dangerous. I still think that when you deal with a strenght, you have to use your mind instead. So, gas, darts, hostages and so...

Last edited by a moderator:

Baku|Haku

Avid Affiliate
They could all have super boxing cloves! Or they could have drunk superpower potion or whatever.
Also why couldn't a big bunch of normal gang members etc beat one superheroine? Would that be so unreal? It happens in games as well (Champions Online, DCU Online)...
Unreal? You have a girl that can fly and shoot lazers from her eyes. I think a guy beating her with a plank would be the more realistic thing to come out of that.

onlinehero

Casual Client
^ Lol, that's the exact reason why I've been furious here! Some people read those comics too dead seriously it seems :P

D

demonkinesther

From everything I've seen, it's rare to come across any series, movie, or comic that lets 'randoms' beat the main protagonist. If it does happen, it's probably in the middle of the 'break and rebuild' process that makes them stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.