Warframe: Saryn, Saryn Prime Bodysuits (1 Viewer)

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
A bit of a unique request: I was hoping someone could create bodysuits to resemble Saryn and Saryn Prime from Warframe. Specifically I was hoping for everything starting below the shoulder so that the girl could be unmasked (and thus able to present her mouth as applicable). This means the "feather boa" (that's what the devs have called it) that's on top of her shoulders would not be included.

This is the gallery link I've made for Saryn's references. Additionally, I was unable to save this to my computer as its own file but I did find this turntable of the 3d model for Saryn. You can pause the gif at any point so I feel that'd give a decent set of angles to work with for creating Saryn. It also doesn't have the natural tilt the warframes have when standing idle. As a whole the Saryn references are a bit sparse, unfortunately (and I understand that means it might not be made) but that's because I don't actually own this frame at the moment.

On the other hand, I do own Saryn Prime. This is the gallery I made for her references. I feel like a lot of them are repeat shots but there's only so much that can be done with Warframe's camera system (even with the Remote Observer, which is how I got a lot of those shots). I've done some digging through various artworks and none of them seem to really give me a side shot that I feel is good enough to add on. Most of them are front shots, so I've decided just using the in-game views works best.

I also understand that using the in-game models might be an issue given the art isn't the same as SDT's, but I feel like it's not as bad as it could be (i.e. Lightning's hair from FF13).

stuntcock

Content Creator
I also understand that using the in-game models might be an issue given the art isn't the same as SDT's
That's why we ask for anime-style fanart whenever possible. It's difficult to recreate the high-lustre surface details from the original 3d model, because SDT lacks a dynamic lighting engine. A reference image with flattened shading gives the artist a more achievable goal, and gives the requester a fair idea of what the finished product might look like in-game (so there's less risk of disappointment).

Something like this or this would establish a reasonable goal - although it simplifies/discards much of the surface texturing (which might be beyond what you'd consider an acceptable compromise). Alternatively, something like this would indicate that you want a sort of "sexy cosplay" adaptation instead of the full-coverage armor design.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
I'd like to take a moment to ask that modders ignore this request, as I have found after beginning some work yesterday that making my own .swf mods wasn't actually as daunting as I had imagined it to be. Therefore I will eventually be completing this request myself and thus would not need to ask someone else to do it for me.

Anyone interested in keeping an eye on this can find my thread in the Imports subforum (it's quite creatively named, much like my thread in the Dialogues subforum). In case anyone is a bit too lazy to connect the dots, here's the Imports thread: Samoth's Imports [Warframe: Mag Prime and Backgrounds]
Saryn and Saryn Prime are currently not on this thread because I felt they'd be tougher to do so I wanted to start with an easier frame, which for some reason translated to me making Mag Prime first. I'm pretty pleased about how well it turned out for being my first mod.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Samoth,
Do you want the thread locked, deleted, or to remain open?
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
I think open would be best, in case someone else happens to work their magic and create one of these. Even if they don't, I can just finalize it if/when I eventually make these two. I'll just put an edit into my signature directing people to my import thread so they can keep an eye out for more content from me because I'm assuming that's how this will inevitably go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.