Mak

Content Creator
Re: Video Game & Comic Girls 5/7 NEW: 2 Batgirls and Jinx

I've noticed your style seems quite different from others, and I was wondering if you had some tips. Or maybe even a guideline or another tutorial along side Voltlight's to help people using GIMP. It may get more people active making imports; or give lazy, self critical people (like myself) some new incentive.

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
Re: Video Game & Comic Girls 5/7 NEW: 2 Batgirls, Jinx & Elizabeth from Bioshock

Yeah, I mean, I'd certainly be willing to answer questions about doing stuff if you had something about GIMP or whatevers; you can post em here or PM me, either way is fine. I don't have a tablet or anything special so if you wanted more specific technique queries like that you might want to ask Mineur or Volty, I think that's more their thing.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Video Game & Comic Girls 5/7 NEW: 2 Batgirls, Jinx & Elizabeth from Bioshock

TOlive said:
Yeah, I mean, I'd certainly be willing to answer questions about doing stuff if you had something about GIMP or whatevers; you can post em here or PM me, either way is fine. I don't have a tablet or anything special so if you wanted more specific technique queries like that you might want to ask Mineur or Volty, I think that's more their thing.
I use a tablet, my skills are subpar, but I use the freeform pen tool + tablet. I believe volty just uses the pen tool.

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator

elputocristo said:
Plz do all the angels :P
All of them might be a tall order, why don't you pick one or two to get me started.

thatoneguyoverthere

Potential Patron

Love your Resident Evil, Tekken, and Marvel ones. Any chance you'll do Dead or Alive girls?

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator

thatoneguyoverthere said:
Love your Resident Evil, Tekken, and Marvel ones. Any chance you'll do Dead or Alive girls?

Actually yeah, if you want to get me started with a suggestion that isn't Kasumi (cause I'm doing that one now). I tend to work on a few things simultaneously (wow, didn't even need spell check...I rock), so if you want to list one you'd like to see first that'd work.

Currently, my mission is to make dcfan's head explode.

dcfan

Potential Patron

I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing TOlive, but you will indeed know if my head asplodes.

rubix

Potential Patron

...how?

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator

rubix said:

If the "..." is asking how I'll explode his head, it's the stream of DC girls release I was referring to. I should have Stargirl out soon enough, I'm about to give up on 'fixing' it and just release what I've done so far. I was working on a Mary Marvel, but her hair doesn't feel very unique to the character so I don't think I'll waste the time to finish it, though I am working on a Misfit to round out my collection of bat-girls.

dcfan

Potential Patron

TOlive you are the man. I have one tiny request since you're already working on DC ladies. Could you possibly do Death from The Sandman series?

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
Re: Video Game & Comic Girls 5/8 NEW: Vertigo's Death

dcfan said:
TOlive you are the man. I have one tiny request since you're already working on DC ladies. Could you possibly do Death from The Sandman series?

I could...so I did.

5/8: Added Vertigo's Death - DC Comics Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Mak

Content Creator

TOlive said:

I don't have anything special either, I just use the paths tool. I don't have any specific questions, Volty's guide is quite thorough; I guess I was just hoping for some sort of short-cut lol. You add new hairs quite quickly but that could just be experience and more familiarity with using the tools at hand.

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator

Death is right on the money man...good work!

And since you asked: Posting with the updated "spoliers" is def the way to go.

And more DC chix? Bring it! (Now if Kon would make a domino mask a standard add on that would rule!).

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

Mak said:
TOlive said:

I don't have anything special either, I just use the paths tool. I don't have any specific questions, Volty's guide is quite thorough; I guess I was just hoping for some sort of short-cut lol. You add new hairs quite quickly but that could just be experience and more familiarity with using the tools at hand.
I haven't used GIMP in some time as I use photoshop, but try the pen tool and if you feel comfortable try the freeform pen tool or other variations.

thatoneguyoverthere

Potential Patron

TOlive said:

Actually yeah, if you want to get me started with a suggestion that isn't Kasumi (cause I'm doing that one now). I tend to work on a few things simultaneously (wow, didn't even need spell check...I rock), so if you want to list one you'd like to see first that'd work.

Having Ayane or Hitomi would be cool

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator

TOlive said:

Having Ayane or Hitomi would be cool

Actually, Ryf made a pretty good Ayane http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=206.msg4190#msg4190 but I can probably put together a good Hitomi for you.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

I deleted posts, sorry guys, the system was glitching with your posts... still testing.

mike

Casual Client
Re: Video Game & Comic Girls 5/5 UPDATE: Karin Maaka

TOlive said:
rle68 said:
all abby needs is spider web neck tat and shes perfect lol

I actually did make that one, it would have been one of the few visible tattoos, but I had some problems mounting it since, if attached to a hair layer, it would move around with her head.

It would probably need to be attached to the neck layers, and I'm not using flash yet...but if anyone wants to try here's the art. It's cut a bit on the far side there to show some of it wrapping around since it looks to start on the back of her neck.

Attachments

• screenshot0002.png
    screenshot0002.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 628
NCIS Abby tattoo.swf
18.7 KB · Views: 384

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.