Unsure of what is causing my game to currently crash. (1 Viewer)

don kloot

Content Creator
Long story short, I've added a lot of clothing mods to my game (upwards of 500), everything seemed to be working as intended until recently I've been experiencing periodic crashes. I've tried to follow my footsteps backwards in an attempt to resolve issues hoping that it was caused by a recent addition to game files but have had no such luck. I'm unsure if I've simply overloaded the game by adding to much stuff or if this relates to misplaced files or what not.
I've tried running through the content debugger but the only action script error I get is "TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties." on a few moreclothing mods which I don't believe is the cause as even the default clothing included with SBY's Loader pack comes up as this error sometimes.

I understand that my issue with crashing probably isn't diagnosable by me just explaining briefly which is why I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should look into next to try and fix the crashing as I'm currently out of ideas. The only thing I can think of doing at this point is to start with a fresh download of SBY's loader pack and individually adding each mod back one at a time.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
D don kloot : you should tell which version of the Loader and Flash Player projector you are using, with which mods (not clothing mods).
I know nearly nothing about the Loader, but trying to restore your computer to an earlier date is an option.

Good luck.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i would not restore your computer, i doubt generic files outside of windows would be touched by a restore.
if the majority of mods are being added through moreclothing, i'd say use the block comment in a binary search kind of way to see if you can find one (or potentially multiple) mods giving you the issue.
would also be good to figure out the game action that ends up causing it

don kloot

Content Creator
D don kloot : you should tell which version of the Loader and Flash Player projector you are using, with which mods (not clothing mods).
I know nearly nothing about the Loader, but trying to restore your computer to an earlier date is an option.

Good luck.

Thanks for your response,
I'm using Loader v5.45 with all of the mods included in SBY's loader pack ( I doubt this is the problem as I've never had any trouble with these mods and usually don't even mess around with them.) I am using Flash projector 11 as I heard it was the best for SDT, though, that being said I'll try running SDT on one of the more recent flash players to see if that's maybe the problem. I was hoping there'd be a way to diagnose the problem automatically, but from what I gather, it's probably best for me to just tinker with mods, moreclothing mods, backgrounds, overtops, and see if I can manually figure out which subfolders are giving me issues.

don kloot

Content Creator
i would not restore your computer, i doubt generic files outside of windows would be touched by a restore.
if the majority of mods are being added through moreclothing, i'd say use the block comment in a binary search kind of way to see if you can find one (or potentially multiple) mods giving you the issue.
would also be good to figure out the game action that ends up causing it

Thanks for the advice,
I completely forgot about the blockcomment function, super thanks for mentioning that as it'll definitely save me a ton of time while I try to diagnose what's going wrong. Also, I'm pretty sure (as of rn) that my crashing is related to some moreclothing mod I added it's just a matter of pin pointing which ones.
As a side note, is seeing "TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties." while using the content debugger an indicator that a moreclothing mod could be causing issues or should I ignore these?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
when it occurs might give you a hint, like if it occurs during loading are when changing a kind of clothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.