This is a bit embarassing ... but ... how can I make screenshots? (1 Viewer)

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy!
You may laugh at me now as much as you want, but ... I figured out that I can create easily thumbnail screenshots by hitting enter. these thumbnails are just perfect to show a character's head when placed in the character folder.
But ...
... is there also a built in way to take screenshots of the entire scene? I mean it should be one there when there's is an option "2x size screenshot" in the "options" folder ... am I terrible wrong or terrible stupid now?

Please help - thanks in advance

Regards, Me

Huitznahua

Content Creator
I figured out that I can create easily thumbnail screenshots by hitting enter.
Whaaaaaaaaaaat I didn't know :wat:

I don't know any "built in way" but you can Alt + print screen and paste it on your favorite image manipulation program (gimp, paint.net, ...).

Rudgar

Content Creator
Whaaaaaaaaaaat I didn't know :wat:
I don't know any "built in way" but you can Alt + print screen and paste it on your favorite image manipulation program (gimp, paint.net, ...).
Pheeewwww, I'm not the only ignorant ;)
but what is the option "2x size screenshot" for???

Faceless

Content Creator
OMG during this whole time I was taking screenshot manually (print screen, paste on gimp, crop size, ...) like a ... kind of caveman. :oops:
See, this is actually explained on the "Help" tab. Of course, it gets replaced by the "Loader" tab when using the loader, so...

THANK YOU!!!!

Oh man, that'd be great - if it would only work here. Would a german keyboard maybe have impact on this? Any setting file I can check ?

Or does it copy the screenshot to clipboard?
Shouldn't be. This shit goes by keycodes, and those are international standards. Did you ever mess around with keys.swf? Try renaming Shortcuts.txt to something else.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy, ahoy ....
...very, very interesting ...
For I didn't have a Shortcut.txt at all, I had nothing to rename or remove.
So I tried the one and only thing that remains in such cases: good old "trial and error"
And I'm a lucky one: it took just some attempts and I found out, that on my German laptop keyboard, it is the "#" key (which is right beside the enter key) that produces fine screenshots.
BUT: if I switch my windows to English keyboard layout, it's the "-" key (Minus), which is right beside the right "shift" key (where is actually the "/" key on English keyboards)
If it wasn't too confusing this piece of information maybe helps someone someday.

Regards, Me

Rudgar

Content Creator
Well, so far, so easy. And now go figure: This is what I have to deal with. :wink:

For the German language has its goddamned "Umlauts" (beside its nasty "ß"), German keyboards needed some extra keys: "ä", "ö", "ü" (plus 3 more for Umlauts as Capitals: "Ä", "Ö", "Ü" - but this is handled with the "shift" key, as usual).

This had even three consequences for the German keyboards:
  1. It is not just labeled differently, the layout itself is different:
    • German Keyboards only have two keys on the right side of the "P" key.
    • German Keyboards have one key more on the right side of the "L" key.
    • Having a differently shaped "enter" key is probably just a layout consequence.
  2. The symbols that have been on the keys that are now used for the umlauts are spread all over the other keys. "/" for example ended up on "shift" + "7".
  3. Some keys on a German keyboard don't just provide a second symbol by using the "shift" key. They provide even a third symbol (which is labeled in the bottom right corner of the key) by using the "Alt Gr" key beside the space bar. This makes this "Alt Gr" key different to the normal "Alt" key on the left side of the space bar - but only in combination with some of the keys (not all of them).
So, having heard this and taking a brief look on keyboard layouts in France, Spain, Italy, Czech, a.s.o., a.s.o. ... (do I really have to mention India, Russia, China, Nippon and the entire far east?) you now know why most programmers rather rely on the strings coming from the keyboard than on key codes.

You think of Germans as a bit weird? I'm close to agree. :wink:
You think of me as a smart ass now? I totally agree! :grin:

But beside all this, let's return what is important and hence interesting for us here:

When you have a German keyboard, use the "#" key to create SDT screenshots (instead of the "/" key).
That's all that counts.

Regards, Me

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hit '/' to take a screenshot.
:eek: WONDERFUL!
When I think I've always taken full screen screenshots, pasted them in my raster graphic editor, cropped them, saved them... or even found a software to help me do this, and that I could do this simply by pressing a key!

Actually, on a French keyboard (AZERTY), it is the ":" key (Shift + : => /).

This makes this "Alt Gr" key different to the normal "Alt" key
"Alt Gr" has the nice full name of "Alternate Graphic key".
In fact "Alt Gr" = "Ctrl + Alt" (for Windows).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.