The Zako's personal background (1 Viewer)

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
hello, i would like to get some ideas for some zako characters in my art. i have some characters who are based on the Phantoms from Mass Effect 3. they are women who have been indoctrinated to be loyal to the bad guys, and to be lethally dangerous in combat. but it does not seem like their personality should be gone completely, just modified to be loyal and ruthless.

so when they are not being SUPER ANNOYING by jumping around with their swords and being hard to kill, what do you think they will be like? is it sexier if they know they have been indoctrinated and are forced to fight? or were they bad to begin with and being indoctrinated just makes them worse? when they are killed by the heroes, what do they think?

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
so when they are not being SUPER ANNOYING by jumping around with their swords and being hard to kill, what do you think they will be like? is it sexier if they know they have been indoctrinated and are forced to fight? or were they bad to begin with and being indoctrinated just makes them worse? when they are killed by the heroes, what do they think?
Bad to begin with and love a challenge is a typical zako of evil organization.
When they are killed? Maybe heroes just leave them because they were taken too much times by the SUPER ANNOYING ninjas. After confirmation of their death, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazon Shark

Master of this Domain
I love the idea of "Henchpeople", though I do not like their baggy outfits at all. I love that they have henchmen AND henchwomen, and both genders get involved with the battles. Wish there were more henchwomen in the fights and shootouts of course. That series could do bigger and better, I think, and maybe have the henchpeople wear different uniforms, at least for the girls. But cool series nonetheless.

Stuelpner_Karl

Swell Supporter
It could do bigger and better indeed.
The protagonist Ford has been shanghaied, just as the four who arrive with him and, later in the series, Carmine. We don't know about the others. I prefer to imagine that they joined as volunteers.

Since they are evil, their "Away Mission" (episode 5) should be murdering somebody. Of course they fail, until Ford, who leaves the scene partly because didn't want to do this, succeeds by accident.

I do not like their baggy outfits at all.
I can imagine that girls like Columbia and Beth would tailor their uniforms, to make them fit better.

zippgun

Swell Supporter
Personally don't like indoctrinated henchies. For me, they must be evil by choice, not acting as they do through any sort of brainwashing/force. You can indoctrinate without actual full on brainwashing, but it usually implies a badness being imposed by someone else, not natural to the henchwoman's true character, with free choice taken away - then they aren't really evil. Also if they die or get bashed up etc, if not consciously evil, then they don't really merit what happens to them, and the moral balance is skewed.

I only like heroines beating the henchwomen, not men characters - but that's just me!

hello, i would like to get some ideas for some zako characters in my art. i have some characters who are based on the Phantoms from Mass Effect 3. they are women who have been indoctrinated to be loyal to the bad guys, and to be lethally dangerous in combat. but it does not seem like their personality should be gone completely, just modified to be loyal and ruthless.

Ezzy

Master of this Domain
I want to say something in this thread, my thoughts inspired by the short movie from another thread. We mostly was talking about zako in theory here, but in the first message of this thread Stuelpner_Karl Stuelpner_Karl pointed at certain zakos from certain movie.

For example, in "Geheimcode Death-Force" a bunch of bikini clad henchgirls gets mowed down:

But earlier on, we see them work on computers:

The way I see them, they are no stupid cannon fodder. They may be their parents' pride and joy, straight "A" students in areas were women haven't been seen too often back then. And they work for the evil mastermind's project because he paid their student loans, it's a challenging job and they draw a fine salary.

I want to say something like this, but with focusing on more details. We're (or some of us) definitely interested in zako's background (otherwise this thread wouldn't exist), because we have some empathy and it's better and more believeable when they're not only a cannon fodder, but also a people, and there is not very much screentime for zako girls to be developed as a characters. Their backgrounds give them some individuality, which is does not prevent them to be very similar and makes only more interesting.

Maybe I should post a videos here for better understanding what do I say.

In the beginning of the clip we can see a group of scantily clad women. They have no uniform and still dressed in a similar manner. Some of them are more eye-catching (at least for me): the one who wear something like metal panties or the one who walking in her panties (and top clothes) only, but they're very similar anyway. They do the same job (they're mechanics), they are cruel with their prisoner. When he killed one of them, the others attacked him and even succeeded, but situation have changed. When their prisoners' friend came to rescue him and shot one of them, another attacked the intruder with a hammer and was badly wounded.
zako1.png

She looked much more confidently when she attacked, but now... Now we can see fear in her eyes. She's not a biorobot and have emotions, fears etc. And it's easy to be scared because her prisoner's friend already decided her fate.
zako2.png

This scene is very good. It allow us to see what a zako can see in the last moments of her life.

After this we can see one more fight with a girl, who was beaten already. She was knockouted again and it's not very interesting because we can see something more intriguing. The prisoner is free to go and his friend doesn't kill their last enemy and only threat her with a shotgun. The last mechanic slightly lift her hands up!
zako 3.png

She doesn't attack, she even make a little step back. She doesn't want to die! Zako are cannon fodder, but they are born not only to die. This one have a choice and she decide to keep her life even if this means her mission to kill a prisoner will be failed.

Some precious moments of zako's decisions, emotions I can see in the next part of the movie.

Here is only two girls, both clad in similar sexy clothes, both have common purpose. And still we can see what they do.
In the second message in this topic, in a message from KeiBree there is something interesting.

I love to think of what they were doing before the fight. Chatting with their boyfriend on the phone? Thinking about going back to school etc? Or on their way to the fight, excited? Nervous?
Of course, all of them behave differently, so let's look at some examples.
When they came to a fight, one of them rolling over the chair.

zako 4.png

Funny scene, but we can also see they are different. One more calm, the second is more agressive, even if it looks ridiculous. And then the calm girl attacks and the second just stand and look. Sometimes zako can surprise.
zako5.png

Her friend is not surprised when the battle went bad for the girl in a pink top. She slightly frowns and took off her jacket like a cool girl, though she rather a poser.
zako6.png

Of course, we will see her on the floor very soon.
zako 7.png
She's definitely a poser. Looks very pleasant. But the battle isn't over. Her friend lifted up and ready for the next round. Very soon she finally goes on the floor.
zako 8.png

But now she have my sympathy. She was calm when her friend was not, she stood up and fight again, she did her best and lose with honor. And still she lose and she in the right place - on the floor like her friend. They were left unconscious because nobody cares about them and have no reasons to. For those who found them they would look identical, and all what they did and how they fought would be unclear.

With the right scenarios, zako can be very interesting. They can have personality and still be cannon fodder. They can have an interesting background and do relevant things. They can make decisions and appreciate their lives, though frequently it doesn't help them at all.

Ezzy

Master of this Domain
And the last short example. Here is a video from the movie Popoz (2015). There is a group of girls. They want to be queens in the criminal world and techically they're zako. After one of them was shot (near 4:16), the leader of the group became really upset, Interesting that she looked at the place where her subordinate was a few seconds ago. She couldn't see it from below but she at least tried. Zako groups can be different, zako can respect each other, and even dead bodies сan be awarded the sight. Though I think nobody will look at them for too long and dead zakos will lay where they fell, patiently waiting for the end of the battle.
Reaction of the leader on her imminent death is precious too. If zako doesn't won't to die and screaming in fear, she has a reason to live. Deaths of mindless golems worth anything.

Ezzy

Master of this Domain
This thread started from mentioning one particular movie, "Geheimcode Death-Force", and I remember I liked one death scene from it more than other scenes in this movie, even though I watched only zako scenes. It was death of the left zako from this picture.
vlcsnap-2012-09-03-21h20m30s23-png.4386

She had the longest hair, which was flailing in the air, when she was getting shot. After enemy's volley she suddenly stopped, lifted her hands in the air and turned around before she fell, and later she was lying motionless on the ground. I always imagined her death as a painful one if she reacted on bullets such significantly, and I was a bit dissapointed that she was shown so briefly.
Anyway, every time I was tracking her with a pleasure so as I did with most beautiful zakos in another zako clips. And sometimes , when one particular zako was more beautiful than the others, her dress or armor or whatever was a bit better too, even if her outfit was the same as the others had. It's like here, in this gif. Every zako wear black T-shirts, but some have more low-cut neck than the others.
3-gif.130014

Such little differences in the zako's outfit are not a problem for me, and I think about another reason for zako to wear the same, but different uniforn. We discussed here why did they want to be zako, what can they do in their free time and some more things, but we didn't wonder what do they think about their deaths. I mean, zako women know how dangerous can be their lives. At least some of them should understand it. So, they can prepare to the bitter end. Some of them can try to wear their best clothing every time they expect to be thrown into a meat-grinder. If they shoud wear standart uniform only, they can try to put on their best underwear. If they should wear the same bra and panties, they can at least buy more expensive underwear than usual and put some jewelery on, so they could look more rich than they are or at least die in their best. Some of them may do not care about all of this and wear what they like, because they will be stripped off in the morgue. Of course only if their enemies would bother themselves to bring zako's corpses to the morgue and not fed them to the fishes in the nearest river. Some zako can do something more personal will people, close to them, instead of being bothered with their appearance. Their decisions will not really affect their future, but this is another chance for zako women to be distinguishable.
There are many more questions we can explore. What do zako think about their victories or defeats and fallen friends (necessary in both ways)? What about wars between large groups of the same zakos, divided by something? How would they fight against each other? Do they want to leave zako army one day? Do they want choose another side of the conflict? Do they want to fight for their enemies? And any other questions we can imagine.

Ezzy

Master of this Domain
E Ezzy That is a fantastic evil babe, and Geheimcode Death-Force is definitely one of my favorite rare films with a mix of male and female zako.
Nice to see I'm not the only one who like her. Her wild dance is the most expressive death scene in this movie. She also seems to be shot before she could even aim at someone, so it's miserable death. She should be clever girl, because she worked on an evil boss, who liked nukes, but she was used as cannon fodder and thus wasted without any benefits for anyone.

zako wasted.png

Chimeracorps

Vivacious Visitor
Oh yeah I like all the female zako in that movie. However I was actually referring to the brunette in the bonnart video you shared.

Ezzy

Master of this Domain
However I was actually referring to the brunette in the bonnart video you shared.
Oops, I understand now. The brunette's name is Sacha. She is the leader of the group of henchwomen. She also has her own page in FemaleVillainsWiki. Sacha (Popoz) You can read it if you want.
Her subordinates' names are unknown, though I wish to know more about her blonde minion, who was killed with a single shot. This is arousing me the most and also makes to feel sorry for her. She was killed so masterfully that it almost unfair. There are some other things I like in her (her outfit) and her death scene (her scream, her blood on the tube behind her, her fall), which make her my favourite zako here.

Chimeracorps

Vivacious Visitor
Personally don't like indoctrinated henchies. For me, they must be evil by choice, not acting as they do through any sort of brainwashing/force. You can indoctrinate without actual full on brainwashing, but it usually implies a badness being imposed by someone else, not natural to the henchwoman's true character, with free choice taken away - then they aren't really evil. Also if they die or get bashed up etc, if not consciously evil, then they don't really merit what happens to them, and the moral balance is skewed.

I only like heroines beating the henchwomen, not men characters - but that's just me!

I don't even need to share what my personal taste is, because this is exactly it, 100%. I only like women doing any of the knocking out, and or killing. It also has to be a hero/good female vs bad/evil henchwomen, and or henchmen. If its a heroine male and female couple taking out a mix of male and female henchpeople, I can do that.

I don't care for the brainwashing, and or anything like that. The henchwoman I prefer chose to be evil. A story about a normal person working a normal 9 - 5 job, gets a opportunity to join a evil organization. Knows its a criminal/evil organization, sells there soul (so to speak) for the money, and benefits of joining said organization (or group).

In the fictional/fantasy/roleplaying world, a girl that can play a believable evil babe, whether she is just a lowly henchwoman, or someone on level with Madame Hydra in Marvel, or Jessica Priest from Spawn. Its the hottest thing ever.

Ezzy

Master of this Domain
I already said some things about the zako's outfit and appearance here and in another threads. And here is one more thought. In the movie Megashark VS Kolossus we can see that the skin of the zako woman is tanned different in different zones.
skin.png

We can imagine how this happened and probably guess, what did she wear, maybe she sunburned on the beach or in tanning salon.

By the things like tan lines we can know what did a zako girl wear this summer or what she didn't, we can compare her tanned skin and the skin of another woman, and we can know who was sunbathing topless and who didn't, we can compare their swimsuits and by this not only take some pleasure but also know some more details about different zakos. Appearance and outfit may be not only pleasure to see, but the source of information.

Zufallx

Swell Supporter
I already said some things about the zako's outfit and appearance here and in another threads. And here is one more thought. In the movie Megashark VS Kolossus we can see that the skin of the zako woman is tanned different in different zones.
View attachment 132044
We can imagine how this happened and probably guess, what did she wear, maybe she sunburned on the beach or in tanning salon.

By the things like tan lines we can know what did a zako girl wear this summer or what she didn't, we can compare her tanned skin and the skin of another woman, and we can know who was sunbathing topless and who didn't, we can compare their swimsuits and by this not only take some pleasure but also know some more details about different zakos. Appearance and outfit may be not only pleasure to see, but the source of information.
I'm pretty sure thats just weird lighting...

Stuelpner_Karl

Swell Supporter
It shows that the actresses wore different clothes when they got their tan and nobody thought about using tanning spray to fix it before filming. Some may even consider it a goof.

But it actually makes the scene more realistic. Why should the zako girls wear their uniform while having a day off in the sun and getting their tan? Or why should they care to use tanning spray when they are just at work?

Thinking about it, it's strange that almost no movie character, no matter if male or female, important or extra, has visible tan lines.

Zufallx

Swell Supporter
It shows that the actresses wore different clothes when they got their tan and nobody thought about using tanning spray to fix it before filming. Some may even consider it a goof.

But it actually makes the scene more realistic. Why should the zako girls wear their uniform while having a day off in the sun and getting their tan? Or why should they care to use tanning spray when they are just at work?

Thinking about it, it's strange that almost no movie character, no matter if male or female, important or extra, has visible tan lines.
I would think one would just get tanned everywhere.

wj1905

Master of this Domain
And the last short example. Here is a video from the movie Popoz (2015). There is a group of girls. They want to be queens in the criminal world and techically they're zako. After one of them was shot (near 4:16), the leader of the group became really upset, Interesting that she looked at the place where her subordinate was a few seconds ago. She couldn't see it from below but she at least tried. Zako groups can be different, zako can respect each other, and even dead bodies сan be awarded the sight. Though I think nobody will look at them for too long and dead zakos will lay where they fell, patiently waiting for the end of the battle.
Reaction of the leader on her imminent death is precious too. If zako doesn't won't to die and screaming in fear, she has a reason to live. Deaths of mindless golems worth anything.

I love the constant squeaky noises they make when they walk. Yeah, the Matrix made leather outfits popular but they are in reality, not so good for stealthy approaches. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.