Tekken series (1 Viewer)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Just a PSA: Downloadable content drops Tuesday! They say there are six, possibly ten, more characters to come, so I don't know how it's going to be spread out. I do know that we will most likely get Unknown last.

Eyes peeled for Tuesday, friends.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
when I dled characters thanks to pre-order it came in a pack. So I am thinking they will spread them out in two to four packs, or release them all. Either way I want Miharu

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Oh, that's where I am getting "10 DLC" characters from. Fuck! I keep remembering those first four were day 1, and they were DLC. Duh. lol. Okay, so yeah, there are six more coming. And like I said, we will probably get Unknown last.

---------- Post added 10-10-2012 at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-08-2012 at 10:52 AM ----------

Alright, this is such a load of garbage it isn't even funny.

Slim Bob is a duplicate of Bob. You can probably figure that one out. Same moveset and everything.

Mihare Harano is a duplicate of Xiaoyu.

Old Man Sebastian, God help us, is a duplicate of Lili.

So! If you REALLY like Xiaoyu, Lili or Bob, you can make tag teams with TWO characters with those fucking movesets now.

How can Namco even count these as characters? They're literally lifted wholesale from existing characters. This is one of the biggest ripoffs I've been subjected to in a long time, and I didn't even pay anything for these. Jesus. At this rate, Dr. B won't play like he did in Tekken 3, he'll instead be a copy of Alisa, and Unknown will just be Jun without all the other cool moves that make her a boss. For God's sake. What a total waste of an update this was.

Even Capcom's stuff is actually different from what's already open on their discs. That's bad. That's very bad.

monstarkook

Ryonani Teamster
jun kazama revoltech.jpg

Don't know if any of you guys are figure collectors, but they've announced a Jun Kazama Revoltech coming out.

I'm still on the fence about it. While I'd love to have a Jun Kazama figure, Revoltech is kind of awful because of how conspicuous the joints are.

Pre-order here: AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Play Arts Kai - Jyun Kazama Action Figure(Preorder)
More pictures here: [Square Enix] Play Arts Kai Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Jun Kazama. No.5 Large Official Images, Info | gunjap

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Oh, that's where I am getting "10 DLC" characters from. Fuck! I keep remembering those first four were day 1, and they were DLC. Duh. lol. Okay, so yeah, there are six more coming. And like I said, we will probably get Unknown last.

---------- Post added 10-10-2012 at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-08-2012 at 10:52 AM ----------

Alright, this is such a load of garbage it isn't even funny.

Slim Bob is a duplicate of Bob. You can probably figure that one out. Same moveset and everything.

Mihare Harano is a duplicate of Xiaoyu.

Old Man Sebastian, God help us, is a duplicate of Lili.

So! If you REALLY like Xiaoyu, Lili or Bob, you can make tag teams with TWO characters with those fucking movesets now.

How can Namco even count these as characters? They're literally lifted wholesale from existing characters. This is one of the biggest ripoffs I've been subjected to in a long time, and I didn't even pay anything for these. Jesus. At this rate, Dr. B won't play like he did in Tekken 3, he'll instead be a copy of Alisa, and Unknown will just be Jun without all the other cool moves that make her a boss. For God's sake. What a total waste of an update this was.

Even Capcom's stuff is actually different from what's already open on their discs. That's bad. That's very bad.

I don't see why you're so upset about it. They're free, and honestly; just feel like timed unlockables rather than "Additional Characters." Sure they're all "skins" given a slot on the roster but I don't see anyone up and arms about Eddy being on the roster three times. (As Christie and Tiger)
Roger (Jr) and Alex are the same way, Devil Jin and Angel, Kuma and Panda, it's not really anything new. The extras were just given their own slot this time around instead of being straight up skins you get by pressing start.

Also; Slim Bob seems to have several different properties; moves that were originally advantageous seem to put him at a disadvantage now. Compare and contrast his "belly bump" move (I forgot what it's really called.)
The others likely have other nuances that make them derivative in some ways. But I haven't toyed around with it much.

If you think it's a lame update, then sure, I'll agree it's a bit lame. But hardly an insult.

Edit: Oh just re read this line: "How can Namco even count these as characters? They're literally lifted wholesale from existing characters."
In any other Tekken game they would just be extra skins, (Miharu was on 4 for example.) Or Kuma and Panda always sharing the same slot on the roster. If that helps any.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I don't see why you're so upset about it. They're free, and honestly; just feel like timed unlockables rather than "Additional Characters." Sure they're all "skins" given a slot on the roster but I don't see anyone up and arms about Eddy being on the roster three times. (As Christie and Tiger)
Roger (Jr) and Alex are the same way, Devil Jin and Angel, Kuma and Panda, it's not really anything new. The extras were just given their own slot this time around instead of being straight up skins you get by pressing start.

Also; Slim Bob seems to have several different properties; moves that were originally advantageous seem to put him at a disadvantage now. Compare and contrast his "belly bump" move (I forgot what it's really called.)
The others likely have other nuances that make them derivative in some ways. But I haven't toyed around with it much.

If you think it's a lame update, then sure, I'll agree it's a bit lame. But hardly an insult.

Edit: Oh just re read this line: "How can Namco even count these as characters? They're literally lifted wholesale from existing characters."
In any other Tekken game they would just be extra skins, (Miharu was on 4 for example.) Or Kuma and Panda always sharing the same slot on the roster. If that helps any.

Well... I suppose I can understand. In ANY other game I would probably say "they should be all under the same character, as different skins" but then again I suppose in a tag game you can select two characters, it makes at least a little sense. This way, if you're good with a character, you can make a team of them now. I suppose it isn't THAT bad although I would really liked to have seen something different. Unknown better make up for it.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
to be fair though, Alex Slim Bob, Miharu, and Sebastian do have their own moves and properties. Hell even Christie and Eddy always have had their own moves and properties.(have not played Tiger personally so can't judge him)

Either way it's better then MK series with a ninja for every color of the rainbow 2 times(with the females)

also Unknown always played like Jun. Her new super moves in Tag 2 make her NOW different though Jun plays different in this game then her older version or Asuka who plays different then old Jun now

Last edited by a moderator:

droppingblocks

Potential Patron
Be sure to grab the free update (start game while online). All characters have been released! Unknown and Doctor B have some good ryona material.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Well there is no point playing Jun anymore, Unknown has all her moves and the goo stalagmites. And if you whiff a stalactite, the punish window is not prohibitively long.

How do I do Unknown's death whirlwind where I force-tag someone out?

Snailmail

Potential Patron
Both punch buttons. I recommend playing practice mode for a quick rundown of what she can do differently, as the command list has all her specialized moves as well.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
well I should say she does everything Jun does that I used. Mostly Jun's forward, forward, right kick against the CPU. They just seem to eat those for some reason. Now I can follow those up with ranged attacks. lol.

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Not sure if anyone mentioned it but anyone who hasn't played Tekken before can now try it out on PS3, the Free-to-play version.

Tekken Revolution is Free-to-Play Starting Today on PSN ? PlayStation.Blog

I tried it a bit and I find it odd cause it kinda feels odd adding stat points to like endurance or stuff.
It only has a few characters, some that are unlockable as you continue to play and gain "gift points".
You are limited to a certain amount of arcade mode and pvp battles though. And no training mode.
So not really a good place to make ryona unless you prefer the CPU beating you up or other players beating you up.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
yeah ryona is not there since no two players unless two ryonani's got together. The game is pretty good specially for a free to play and everything can be gotten free. If you have tekken Tag 2 it is a better play overall. Also the female models are modified a bit. Lili and Asuka seem to have more "cutesy" faces. I am kinda mixed on that

HaquaFan

Casual Client
yeah ryona is not there since no two players unless two ryonani's got together. The game is pretty good specially for a free to play and everything can be gotten free. If you have tekken Tag 2 it is a better play overall. Also the female models are modified a bit. Lili and Asuka seem to have more "cutesy" faces. I am kinda mixed on that

I thought it was me that they look different but I guess not lol. Lili looks really weird.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
it looks better with Asuka for some reason but yeah Lili looks off. I think they are trying to DOA the faces...which I am against. Tekken had better and more realistic faces. I liked Asuka and Lili's faces in Tekken Tag 2 better

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Dare I ask for screenshots or pics or something? Cause I'm not sure I like the sound of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.