Tekken Leo's gender confirmed (1 Viewer)

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
shame she has more personality then Jill that character everyone loves but has no personality. I dare someone to describe Jill's personality without referencing the wiki or another scource. Actually to be honest she probably straps up her breasts or uses a sports bra to protect them or to hide her gender if she is trying to hide it

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Honestly, I think too many straight guys were masturbating over Leo material so Harada-san decided to help them sort out any conflicted feelings.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
actually I remember seeing on the jpn site before tekken 6 was out where she was put as a she but was taken down not long after the questions about her gender popped up(I wasn't the only one who say it Fighters Generation also saw it :P ). Then they put her into the male section of the tekken book to blur it more all as a marketing ploy to get people talking about it. Also that comment doesn't work sense tekken actually has a decent female fanbase and Leo caught the attention of a lot of female players(As did Hworang or however his name is spelled)

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
Aww, the spoiler tag should have been lower..didn't really want to learn the gender. Oh well, I still consider him a boy just for funs.

Mardion

Potential Patron
nah he's still a he as Poison is a girl

Fixed. The corporate suits can provide as many "expositions" as they want, noone says we have to change our perception to coincide with theirs. I have eyes and a mind of my own thank you very much misters Capcom and Namco respectively... and also Hudson for making the same insinuations about Bloody Roar's Fox.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Ok then Sophitia is a dude. Good father I must say. You know I don't want to concede to the "man" :} also I wasn't spouting stuff NAmco said, I was spouting stuff from when I was keeping tabs on tekken 6 before it's release

Mardion

Potential Patron
I have eyes and a mind of my own
Ok then Sophitia is a dude. Good father I must say.
If your eyes and mind tell you that Sophitia is a dude then you're way beyond my help, mate :-P

I wasn't spouting stuff Namco said, I was spouting stuff from when I was keeping tabs on tekken 6 before its release.

I think I may have lost your meaning, doesn't this announcement come from Harada who is an important personality of Namco?

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Hey I just don't want to conform to the man(I'm trying to show you how silly what you said sounds)

Yes it was form him but if you read one of my posts here on this I did this short point by point how I knew she was a girl(I suggest you read it actually) and one was before Harada did THIS recent announcement the JPN website had her listed as female until around the time the console was coming out

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
she doesn't really even look like a guy. She just has short hair and well the outfit you see her in. Look at her face in context to other characters in the game both male and female. Look at her body, the hips as I said are too big for a male(not big like say nina's but still) then there is the voice and on her chest if you look at what people though where her "pecks" are WAAAAAY too oddly shaped to be pecks specially in a game where half the men where no shirts and you can see the creators know hoe to sculpt a muscular figure. This is going to be INSANELY cynical but I am starting to think people have a hard time telling a gender unless you take as much or all of a shirt off and give them long hair. Now I think it's confirmed. I looked at a mod on the fallout new vegas nexus that was a "better" veronica. All they did was put her in the stripper outfit and in the description it said quote, "Want a Veronica that looks like a girl." I have my ideas on why but then I'd just be insulting. Yes I do realize I just made myself the most hated guy on the site which honesty I don't mind. TBQH I just put stuff up of the characters I like that get ignored while Kasumi, Lili, Juri and such get 10000. I know I did a Lili and a Juri I did lili cause I don't have issues with her but god man is she everywhere and Juri I have grown to hate as a character. When I did her it was before she got a bunch of vids and I figured I do one(I still say she has the WORST face expressions in the game)Don't get me started on Jill from RE. Well now that I undoubtly pissed EVERYONE off I'll stop this wall of text rant.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Randomguy, I don't see why anyone should hate you for these posts, all you're doing is stating your opinion and with actual facts to back them up, we're just having a difference of opinions during a conversation, that's all :-)

Most of your arguments, though, can be circumvented once I remind you of a simple fact : this is a Japanese game. And if you know the basics about modern Japanese society, you'll know that they revel in making their males look as effeminate as possible. For a quick example, just google "visual kei" , or look at this picture and tell me how many of these members of this random band are male and how many are female. It's not just clothing and make-up, it's that they choose the most effeminate-looking males and turn them into idols for the Japanese girls to marvel at (I'm not even kidding) ,making it impossible to accurately guess one's gender almost half the time. So your pointing out that it's hard for some people to correctly guess an ambiguously dressed Japanese person/character's gender is to point out the obvious. Even the voice that obviously sounds female to you (I don't think anyone can objectively say which one it is) means nothing ; popular anime series Dragonball and Naruto feature a male protagonist voiced by a woman, heck, even behind Bart Simpson's voice is a woman! The face itself doesn't look that different from Kingdom Hearts 2's Roxas or especially Dead Or Alive 4's Eliot, both of which turned out to be males. As for Leo's figure and chest, they look much more male than female to me, sorry.

My point is that Leo was created on purpose to look neither male nor female, so that everyone can judge for him/herself what Leo's real gender is. You, personally, like tomboyish women so it was natural for you to theorise that Leo is a girl, and it's perfectly understandable that you'd be upset that other people would claim your favourite type of chick is actually a guy, most anyone would be in your place. What I'd like you to understand is that people who do not share your way of thinking on this issue can't be expected to just instantly forget how they perceived Leo and how they felt about Leo just because of some phrases they read on the internet. The human mind just doesn't work that way. You've made your point perfectly clear and, I'm sure, helped some people who didn't feel strongly about this subject to see things the way you do, but there comes a time to accept that you can't win them ALL over, the same time when you accept the good that you've done and move on without bringing rage into your heart (and that's me trying to sound poetic :-P ).

Yup, all five persons in that pictures are male -_-

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
actually other then the one on the furthest right the rest have masculine faces and I am aware of this however I am also going on leo not only on the body hints before(like her hips and suck) but her face still is valid. Let me explain. In tekken's art style all the males even the "pretty" boy types like Jin and suck have a face you can point and say "guy" Leo's face would clash with the style of the series if she was a guy. Look at street fighter's Vega. He has a very bishounen face yet if you placed his head on a female at the very least I'd raise and eyebrow.

Now that I think of it I usually am good at calling genders. For example someone showed me Naoto form persona 4 her default outfit. I called girl because of her hips as I did with Leo. Sooo I guess maybe I am just more observant then some people when it comes to anatomy(which may also explain when a character has breast too big for there body or fighting style like Taki I raise my hand and go wtf)

HaquaFan

Casual Client
I just assumed it's a feminine guy cause of all the guys I've seen in Japanese games so I don't usually make much effort trying to figure out which is which(I can't tell even if I tried lol).

One time, I was on the bus and about to get off, and I noticed this lady standing in my way(I assumed it was a lady cause she had long hair and quite skinnyish), and I was like "Excuse me, ma'am" and she turned around to look at me with a mean face, and it turned out to be a man lol, and I was like in my head "oh sh**" and quickly got off the bus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.