Star Wars the old republic video (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter mr awesome
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
M

mr awesome

After putting up with launcher issues and downloading it twice, i was able to play this game for a whole whopping 60 MINUTES!
Then the beta ended :(

At least i was able to capture a little bit in that time, i'm not sure how EA would feel about this so i didn't put it on youtube this time.

Movie_0001.wmv

I'm a little upset that there are only death moans as far as ryona goes, and i can't really comment on the game play -.-
but i really liked that last part in the video so that's good enough for me :)

onlinehero

Casual Client
One would think that with the budget of this game there would be at least decent animations and voice acting (other than dialogue), plus the game itself looks just as boring as every other MMO.
Anyway, thanks for the video Mr. Awesome, at least we now know what kind of ryona it's (not) gonna have. Perhaps the crowd control moves of this game will have some more ryona value..

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I played the Beta at one of my friend's homes the other day, I had a little fun but all in all there didn't seem to be anything great to impress my eye. The create a character was very meh though I assume that is only because its still in development, I would hope that by its release there will be a heck of a lot more customization otherwise it really has no chance of getting me to buy iy. It's a little displeasing to know most characters will look the same when it comes to armour, attire and what not, at least early on. I'm hoping as you go more into the game it will have a lot more variety in armour and what not to really help characters and players stand out from each other... but to be honest I'm rather doubtful of that.

Animation wise I'm not impressed at all really. What I have seen so far is just more of the same you'd get from even a cheap MMO, just two people hacking into air near by each other whilst numbers pop up to say damage and the same for ranged combat. Whilst normally I don't mind that, for such a game I was hoping for a lot more life and a lot more death animations. I know there is suppose to be a few moves in there that have animations but given the budget as onlinehero notes, you'd expect something exceptional.

Ryona wise I think this is just gonna be a bland game. It's biggest selling point in my book is the mere fact its Star Wars, though the storylines within it do seem good, especially given there is a bit of variety with its Mass Effect conversation system. I like the concept of teaming up with friends as well through your own storyline, so you can witness other class stories and what not whilst they experience your own when you all get together... apart from that though there is little to sway me towards paying monthly for this game.

I'm gonna wait for Guild Wars 2 me thinks. The combat actually looks more fluent in that game when I compared the two, though even then I'm not sure there will be much in animations. I'll never get to see any good old grapples or bearhugs in these games it seems XD

N

Nimorpha

I too played in the beta and actually the character creation at least in terms of facial variety has plenty of options. The body types are pretty limited though only about 4, very thin, regular, tall, and muscular/big. In seeing the level of detail in the textures for facial animations I suspect that they have they will upgrade the textures for clothing and rest of the body in the final build. It just looks out of place to have high res textures for faces and low res textures for everywhere else.

I have to say that it is rather lacking ryona wise. Those of you who remember KOTOR 1 and 2, it has about as much ryona as those. Combat and gameplay are pretty average for your MMO but story wise and character customization wise once you get the advanced classes at lvl 10 have tons of possibilities. There are a few custom animations for melee kills like running your lightsaber through someone but really nothing to write home about.

If you're a huge star wars fan you probably don't want to miss this game. Everyone else should probably look elsewhere since it's a pretty expensive MMO.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
I'm gonna wait for Guild Wars 2 me thinks. The combat actually looks more fluent in that game when I compared the two, though even then I'm not sure there will be much in animations. I'll never get to see any good old grapples or bearhugs in these games it seems XD

Haven't seen anything of GW2 since I haven't been paying attention, but the original Guild Wars has one of the least watchable combat systems I've seen in a game.

M

mr awesome

For everybody hoping it's gonna have better graphics or more customization or whatever i honestly doubt it, what with release being in what, two weeks?

But tbh it seems like a pretty good MMO IF you don't mind how it's so... MMO-ey (i'm not too sure if that's a word. :P)
The mass effect style choices and the voice acting more than make up for it, in my book anyway. I only wish it wasn't subscription based, then i might actually get it lol.

@Unrelated I really like you're avatar, what's it from? And for that matter, how do you even get an avatar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.