Soul Calibur Series (1 Viewer)

ryona111

Ryonani Teamster
Hi everyone! Does anyone enjoy ryona in Soul Calibur? (I, II, or III) Please post here if you do! thank you in advance! :smile:

Continue?

Ryonani Teamster
Writer
Author
SC 2 and 4 are the best for ryona
I really like the continue screen in 2 and the sexy girls laying down breathing heavily

ninjaryona

Potential Patron
I looooove Taki and Sophitia. It just sucks that Taki covers her face when she's down since she's really gorgeous especially in 4.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Personally, I enjoy 3 and 4, because I can create and customize my lady.
3 had more options for clothes, but the graphics weren't that great... I was actually disappointed to see that there were fewer layers, and over all fewer pieces of equipment, in 4, as was I saddened to see the lack of custom weapon classes.
Sill, I made some pretty good looking ladies in 4, and boy do I enjoy seeing them both writhe in pain, and kick some ass. He he.

There's supposed to be a petition out there on Facebook for the release of a new SC game, apparently one of the producers has taken note and is trying to get it green-lit.
I hope if they make a new one they expand the CAC system more if nothing else.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I actually play the game for both the gameplay itself and the excellent ryona quality. Not so much for the ryona anymore, but I still practice when I get a chance.

Mardion

Potential Patron
I actually play the game for both the gameplay itself and the excellent ryona quality.
Ditto, as far as fighting games go, it's one of the best, and its ryona quality is top notch. There are lots of moves in it that are sexy as all getout, like Sophitia's where she traps her opponent's head between her legs looking up, then wiggles her behind, then jumps in the air (with her opponent's head still trapped) and then falls hard on the ground... effectively facesitting her opponent onto the ground. The one where she sits on her opponent's shoulders with her knees and cracking her neck is great too. Then there's Seung Mina's move where she opens her opponent's legs wide with her staff and then thrusts it into her nethers. And of course Ivy's front grab where she majestically sits on her opponent's back before cracking her arm, and her back grab where she drops her onto the ground, plants her high heel into her back, and then whips her neck up cracking her back... words are not enough to describe the greatness! And yup, I'm a fan of the series since the original SoulBlade/SoulEdge on the Playstation, back when you had to unlock all weapons for all characters (a process that takes more than a week) in order to unlock Sophitia wearing a swimsuit. Good times.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Ditto, as far as fighting games go, it's one of the best, and its ryona quality is top notch. There are lots of moves in it that are sexy as all getout, like Sophitia's where she traps her opponent's head between her legs looking up, then wiggles her behind, then jumps in the air (with her opponent's head still trapped) and then falls hard on the ground... effectively facesitting her opponent onto the ground. The one where she sits on her opponent's shoulders with her knees and cracking her neck is great too. Then there's Seung Mina's move where she opens her opponent's legs wide with her staff and then thrusts it into her nethers. And of course Ivy's front grab where she majestically sits on her opponent's back before cracking her arm, and her back grab where she drops her onto the ground, plants her high heel into her back, and then whips her neck up cracking her back... words are not enough to describe the greatness! And yup, I'm a fan of the series since the original SoulBlade/SoulEdge on the Playstation, back when you had to unlock all weapons for all characters (a process that takes more than a week) in order to unlock Sophitia wearing a swimsuit. Good times.

For a weapons based fighter, I am amazed how much good ryona there is in the Soul Calibur series. The character designs are also brilliant, both the outfits and the "build" of the females. I feel like they are just exaggerated enough (Taki maybe more so, heh heh), but still maintain some level of realism. That really helps when you're creating your own character. With a lot of character creation features, it is too easy to create a feminine looking monster.

Oh, Mardion, I'm replying directly to your comment because I love that you mentioned how hard you had to work to get Sophitia's swimsuit. You have no idea how many fighting games (some great, some terrible) I've grinded through just to get that extra outfit (or even a cool piece of art) that I so badly need. I love Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, but going through that entire krypt for Kitana and Li Mei stuff nearly killed me.

V

vencent

I like their continue screen, we can see their beautiful face and sexy body turned become useless body, but at least their useless body can entertain us ;)
by the way, many people said that SC Continue screen in SC 4 isn't a picture of the laying people, so what's it's continue screen picture?

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Soul Calibur 4 (and 3, I believe) has their time up animation as their continue screen animation. I wasn't aware that it changed at all throughout the series.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Just wanted to throw a few more cents into the discussion here:
Apparently there is a Soulcalibur project in the works now: How far along, and whether or not it's Soulcalibur 5 or not, are still unknown... though there are strong indications that it will in fact be SC5.
Katsuhiro Hadara, the director and producer for Tekken announced the new director for this particluar project, a fellow by the name of Daishi Odashima. Forgive me if I'm getting either's names backwards.

Daishi is a former Soulcalibur 1 tournament player, he was an unofficial tester for SC2, and was hired by Project Soul during the development of SC3. In SC4 he was in charge of balancing the new characters: Darth Vader, Yoda, Starkiller, Hilde, and Algol.

Though Namco-Bandai has yet to make a official announcement, both Hadara and Daishi assure that a game is in production and even talk with fans on their respective twitters, often through the aid of translators.
Daishi's Twitter can be found here.
And Hadara's Twitter is right here.

Personally; I have lingering reservations about a tournament player, former or not, having the final say in the game.
I for one don't want SC to become too competitive, there was already a lack of content in 4, if somehow the game gets further dummied down it's really gonna suffer. The content that was out-right cut from SC3 to SC4 was disheartening enough; especially the gutted CAC system.
Still; concern aside, I've been following them for a while and I'm eagerly awaiting more official confirmation, and more details.

I figured I'd share with anyone who's interested.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I could have sworn that the project was confirmed to be Soul Calibur 5, but I guess I don't have any proof. I know for a fact that 8wayrun.com has a thread dedicated to suggestions for a new Soul Calibur.

Wait a minute, the director for the new project was in charge of balancing two broken characters and Yoda? I'm a little worried now.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Hadara has commented a couple times when fans ask him about the project calling it SC5, it's usually something to the effect of: "When did we say "5"?"

I don't mind Daishi in the directors seat; it just means someone else is in charge of balancing characters now. As director he's got a lot more to worry about than who's balanced and who's not.

Not sure exactly who you're referring to as broken; common consensus I see is Hilde and Algol are.
Hilde used more-or-less a brand new fighting style, while two weapons are common, a button for each was certainly new; there's bound to be some balancing problems in her first appearance.
Algol was intended to be some-what broken; he's a boss after all. Like how Abyss was overpowered in SC3.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Her doom combos are way to abusable and safe, in my opinion, and have too much of a ring out opportunity. They fixed some of this in Broken Destiny (or so I've heard), so she may be more balanced there. I used to play her myself until I heard that she was banned from usage in U.S. tournaments. Even when I did play her, I always felt a little guilty for throwing out that doom combo and winning by ring out.

Even though Algol was a boss character in SC4, technically so was Nightmare and Siegfried for certain characters. I was under the impression that Soul Calibur didn't have any obscenely powerful boss characters like in Street Fighter, but I only played SC4 and SC, so I guess I wouldn't know. Algol certainly feels like he was supposed to be more balanced than he is. It's really just his bubble shots that make him a problem.

onlinehero

Casual Client
just received sc4 few days ago! gonna try it next week to see how much i like it :)
btw: how do get vader to xbox version? does he come with dlc or something?

hocubed

Ryonani Teamster
SCII or SCIV are my choices, but by far, SCII was the most pleasing. Their pain moans were so much more enjoyable then SCIV's.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
I guess I should lead in and mention that Soul Calibur 5 is official as of today... but will be set 17 years after IV's canon events. Just to put things in retrospective, the youngest character was Amy at 15 (but technically sorta doesn't age due to the whole 'vampire' thing with her and Raphael). In V she'll be 31. Leaves a lot to be desired with the rest of the cast, and since the new lead character is going to be Sophitia's son, it puts things into retrospective that we're looking at mostly a new cast. Thoughts?

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
I guess I should lead in and mention that Soul Calibur 5 is official as of today... but will be set 17 years after IV's canon events. Just to put things in retrospective, the youngest character was Amy at 15 (but technically sorta doesn't age due to the whole 'vampire' thing with her and Raphael). In V she'll be 31. Leaves a lot to be desired with the rest of the cast, and since the new lead character is going to be Sophitia's son, it puts things into retrospective that we're looking at mostly a new cast. Thoughts?
Can't say much with just 2 characters announced. I don't mind having a new generation characters, anyway.
And I'm glad that my main character Sigfried is in it but I guess my another main, Cassandra will be gone. Still hope Sophitia's daughter Pyrrha will be one of the new casts.

onlinehero

Casual Client
I'm trying to make ryona video of this game but I'm having trouble understanding how the game works. So, I have some questions:

1) Are there special attacks similar to super attacks in SF4?
2) How do I do a critical finish attack? Pressing the buttons manual shows only makes my character taunt :(
3) How can I get other character to be invisible?
4) In some combos, description says during counterattack, but when the game shows demo of the attack, pc does no counterattack. How can I pull this kind of move on my own? I have two controllers if that helps.
5) Do you have any tips how I could make counterattacks in video? If I let pc attack me, it gets up from the ground immediately? Do I need second player to attack me or can I do this with 2 controllers?
6) Do you have any other helpfull tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.