Soul Calibur Series (7 Viewers)

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Super Soul Calibur, and DLC, etc... we're talking about Namco, not Capcom. lol.
Which is why I didn't say:
"SUPER Soulcalibur V: Second Impact Edition, with two DLC only characters and ten costume pieces at $7.99 each! Followed by SUPER DUPER Soulcalibur V: Third Strike Edition, with the same DLC characters and three more costume pieces at $8.99 each!"

I'm sort-of kidding of course. Though I do feel like SC5 is missing enough to warrant either a PSP/PSN re-release, or a straight up updated version with improved balance, a handful more characters, with new and improved modes.
Namco has done a few updated re-releases in the past, so they aren't strangers to it. Plus, considering how many elements from SCV were pulled straight from Capcom's fighters, I wouldn't put it past them to try copying their business plan either.
Not saying it will, or it won't, just either way won't surprise me.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
yeah Ivy should have traveled with him. I blame that on the poor writing. Hell you'd think Hilde would be around too but she doesn't even cameo

IDK patchs on consoles cost 40,000 bucks. No joke I learned of it recently when Tim Shafer(not sure how to spell his name) learned.

Raden's DLC statment bugs me cause we bash capcom for DLC characters outfits and such but we don't with Blazblue which re-releases it's first game like every 6 months, had dlc fighters(hell makoto was day one dlc) and dlc colors(colors...really) and the colors they do to all their games

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I forgot to say, I take back what I said about the ryona in this game. I just needed the right equipment.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Raden's DLC statment bugs me cause we bash capcom for DLC characters outfits and such but we don't with Blazblue which re-releases it's first game like every 6 months, had dlc fighters(hell makoto was day one dlc) and dlc colors(colors...really) and the colors they do to all their games

BlazBlue also doesn't seem to have the market permeation most other games do, either. I'm sure if I had heard of that and known what the DLC stuff was all about I'd have bashed the shit out of it too. lol.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Just look on the PSN market you will see it and how couldn't you know Blaz keeps being re-released. Every six months it gets one

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Okay, so, back from the nether... could someone give me Pyrrha's story, then? I need the backgroud info for a very short and quick story I plan to write about her, but I'd rather be informed and know what the fuck I am talking about before I make shit up (cause I'm not a Namco story writer, lol)

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Okay, so, back from the nether... could someone give me Pyrrha's story, then? I need the backgroud info for a very short and quick story I plan to write about her, but I'd rather be informed and know what the fuck I am talking about before I make shit up (cause I'm not a Namco story writer, lol)

A link to her Soulcalibur wikia article. This'll go into detail but I'll give you her abridged backstory:

In short; Pyrrha is a wanderer whom has no knowledge of her family; she has been sold into slavery and fell in love with her master whom planed to marry her only for the man to be poisoned and killed on the eve of their wedding; she was blamed and locked up. Tira busted her out of jail, forced her to kill the guards, and then allowed her to be attacked for years convincing her that she must either kill or be killed by damn near everyone who approached her.

She would later go on to reunite with her brother and form a relationship that has strong incest overtones.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
When she reunited with Patroklos, did she get over the hold Tira had on her?

Also, she doesn't know her family, eh? That's excellent, that's a huge hurdle out of the way of what I wanted to do. Now I don't have to handwave something. Beautiful.

edit: Shit. I just read the wiki. Her personality goes WAAAY against what I had in mind. Damn you Pyrrha! Fuck... I'm going to have to really invent something here. This is turning out to be a lot harder than I thought it was going to be for such a short story. You fucking people better like it, lol.

edit: Screw it, I'll write it anyway. I'm sure Natsu isn't a power hungry murderer looking for Soul Edge to wield herself, but I painted that picture anyway. I'm near sure I can pull this off.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninjaryona

Potential Patron
I haven't seen some SC ryona lately. After checking one of Natsu's, she actually became an instant favorite.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I'm not liking most of the girls in this game. I like them better than the other ones, but not for ryona. They all feel like they have more personality (albeit still generic ones) though.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Does anyone know if Viola is a good or evil character? Isn't it Amy? If so how did that change come about?

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Is Viola actually Amy then, and how did that change happen? Or is a total character change one of those unimportant little details not worth mentioning according to Namco? Cause 17 years later Amy would not be "stay away" material (age is NOT just a number)

ryona111

Ryonani Teamster
EVERYONE, fucking says tha viola is amy and goddamn she is helluva lot hotter and legal this time around I believe, she's my personal and practically only favorite in Soul Calibur 5 I prefer 4 over it by far but like 3 most for just the fighting XD

olala

Potential Patron
let me put some oldschool series
soul edge psx us version;P
[video=youtube_share;pslrPBOKr0k]http://youtu.be/pslrPBOKr0k[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.