Soul Calibur Series (2 Viewers)

onlinehero

Casual Client
Would someone tell how can I do armor break in SC5? I've been trying to block and then make opponent do high, middle, and low attacks, but the armor never breaks :(
Also, what is the input in xbox for vampire suck move of Raphael? It's not showing in the move list...

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
the blood suck is the same as it was in 4 as for armor breaks they only happen when you KO an enemy with a really hard hit this time around vs having the enemy guard like it was in 4.

onlinehero

Casual Client
"the blood suck is the same as it was in 4"
Which is?

Also, how do I do Cervantes' move where he punches the girl in the air, then catches her and shoot her with the gun while holding her on air?

Please help me. I'm trying to make Natsu ryona video, and I don't know how to do all the moves I want into the video :(

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Generic

^Blood suck move for Raphael should be (using default xbox buttons) Y+B (he should do a sidestep stance) then press X+A or Y+A and Cervantes' air grab is Y then press down. (needs to be pretty quick)

My favorite SC character is Taki, especially her SC2's second costume, : 3 too bad she wasn't in 5.
sc2_taki2p.jpg scalibur25.jpg

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
after work tonight I will boot up SC 5 and see how it is done. However keep in mind mine is the PS3 version. See I can't remember moves in games unless I am playing. I have no idea why but that is how I am

awesome Natsu images btw

Somepersoncorn

Potential Patron
Soul Calibur: Lost Swords

Soul Calibur: Lost Swords is a free to play fighting game for the PS3 to be released winter 2013 and is a spin-off for the Soul Calibur Series.
The game is to feature an emphasis on single player mode and mission based modes. However, this game will not have online multiplayer. The game will use Soul Calibur V's fighting system will some new additions to the game. One of these new features is an elemental system, which will allow players to forge weapons with five elements (Insert Avatar: The Last Airbender theme here). These elements will add strengths and weaknesses to weapons and these elements can be found through drops from defeated enemies. With this trailer, Siegfried, Mitsurugi, and (fuck yes) Sophitia Alexandra are confirmed as characters.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
So..... basically Tekken Revolution without online multiplayer.

Yeah, pretty much from the sounds of things.
Because they are saying it's focused on single player many are assuming it will contain the other 3/4th of the story mode that was cut from SC5. Maybe even with Patroklos and Pyrrha's stories reworked to actually be less stupid.

Soulcalibur 5 left a bad taste in my mouth, and while Lost Swords doesn't seem to be any better... I'll still give it a shot because I want to see a new Soulcalibur one day. A bigger, better, and more fun Soulcalibur than the last couple of games we've gotten.

Edit:
Fun facts: After watching the trailer again I noticed that Namco is reusing a lot of old assets: the music in the trailer is the same from the opening cinematic of Soulcalibur 4 right up until Sophitia appears. Also, if you look closely you can see Zasalamel from the Soul Calibur 3 opening cinematic in between flashes of Patroklos and Nightmare.
I'm also pretty sure that all of Sophitia's lines are pulled straight from Soul Calibur 4.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, pretty much from the sounds of things.
Because they are saying it's focused on single player many are assuming it will contain the other 3/4th of the story mode that was cut from SC5. Maybe even with Patroklos and Pyrrha's stories reworked to actually be less stupid.

I wouldn't bet money on it. Remember it's a free to play game, so I have no doubt that a huge chunk of content will be managed through a fucktonne of micro transactions(how else is it going to make money-what sort of studio grants their fanbases their full entitlements at no charge)

Soulcalibur 5 left a bad taste in my mouth, and while Lost Swords doesn't seem to be any better... I'll still give it a shot because I want to see a new Soulcalibur one day. A bigger, better, and more fun Soulcalibur than the last couple of games we've gotten.

It wasn't my favorite game, but I don't think it deserved all the hate it got. I'll admit that the story mode was incredibly weak, but the online capabilities delivered on my part. Sides, fighting games aren't known for having masterful storywriting.

As for seeing a new Soul Calibur...... I dunno. We're looking at next gen development being even more expensive than it is now. And there are alot of people saying that if Capcom falls(which looks very likely at this point), it'll start a catalyst effect that'll severely cripple-or possibly flat out destroy the games industry.

Edit:
Fun facts: After watching the trailer again I noticed that Namco is reusing a lot of old assets: the music in the trailer is the same from the opening cinematic of Soulcalibur 4 right up until Sophitia appears. Also, if you look closely you can see Zasalamel from the Soul Calibur 3 opening cinematic in between flashes of Patroklos and Nightmare.
I'm also pretty sure that all of Sophitia's lines are pulled straight from Soul Calibur 4.

They did the same thing with SCV's first promo teaser. And yes. Her lines have been ripped straight from SCIV. No big surprise considering that IV and V run on the same engine.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I wouldn't bet money on it. Remember it's a free to play game, so I have no doubt that a huge chunk of content will be managed through a fucktonne of micro transactions(how else is it going to make money-what sort of studio grants their fanbases their full entitlements at no charge)

I never said they wouldn't charge for the story-content, just that the game may be based around it.
Where as Tekken can get away with updates that add characters for free I fully expect SC:LS to charge anywhere from five, to eight bucks a pop for additional characters including a couple cut scenes for a "story" as an added bonus.

As for the micro-transactions, I actually expect a mix between an energy system (like Facebook games, or the token system in Tekken Revolution) as well as charging for better item drop rates, combination rates, or straight up better in-game items.
I've never really minded buying cosmetic items (costumes, weapons, and so on) provided they be reasonably priced, and aren't cut simply for the sake of nickle and dimeing. (Which is why despite my love for the Tales games I've never bought any of the extra costumes that go for five bucks EACH.)

It wasn't my favorite game, but I don't think it deserved all the hate it got. I'll admit that the story mode was incredibly weak, but the online capabilities delivered on my part. Sides, fighting games aren't known for having masterful storywriting.
I feel that Soulcalibur V deserved a lot of the flack it got for trying to be something it's not. Soulcalibur had four games developing it's sense of identity only for all that to get pushed aside in favor of copying Street Fighter's mechanics.
The game's controls were good, and the online netcode was well put together. Very few dispute that. The game just didn't feel like Soulcalibur, and the fact that they cut so many old characters... it felt like the game was trying to be a new IP that was "Street Fighter, in 3D".
And hey, just because fighting games aren't known for their stories doesn't mean they shouldn't try. After all, shooters aren't exactly renowned for their storytelling yet they are capable of telling good ones; just look at games like Portal, Half-Life, and Bioshock.
The mistake most fighting games make though is trying to have an overarching story that involves ALL the characters, when instead there should just be on going subplots that are marginally related to each other. Each goal leading into a new goal. Characters developing over the course of their journey meeting friends, allies, rivals, enemies, and so on. The interviews leading up to SC5's release seemed to hint that this is what they wanted to do... but then we got the creepy incest heavy story of Patroklos and Pyrrha.

As for seeing a new Soul Calibur...... I dunno. We're looking at next gen development being even more expensive than it is now. And there are alot of people saying that if Capcom falls(which looks very likely at this point), it'll start a catalyst effect that'll severely cripple-or possibly flat out destroy the games industry.
Kind of a strawman's argument to say we won't see a Soulcalibur because Capcom is, or may end up, doing poorly this generation...
Sure, game development is expensive, and it's not going to get any cheaper. That's why I think Namco is releasing so many free-to-play games; they want to build interest in these IP's: They release a small game for free to build interest (mostly newcomers) in the series, charge for additional content to justify the release of a free game; gauge interest and profits from the free game then build a bigger one and focus on providing more content for the large game that sold well on the small one.
Maybe it's idealistic, but I really like the Soulcalibur series and don't want to see it turned into a series of free-to-play games until Namco decides to just abandon it.

Untamed

Potential Patron
I'm not sure if this is even Soul Calibur..
I once saw a video of someone using the character maker to make an armadillo character and reduced the tail size until it went into the negatives and gave it a penis. It even had a pelvic thrust attack.

Am I even talking about the right game? Does it exist? Was I dreaming?

Somepersoncorn

Potential Patron
I'm not sure if this is even Soul Calibur..
I once saw a video of someone using the character maker to make an armadillo character and reduced the tail size until it went into the negatives and gave it a penis. It even had a pelvic thrust attack.

Am I even talking about the right game? Does it exist? Was I dreaming?

That kind of stuff is possible in SCV. And was it a Voldo soul? Because people make some REALLY weird Voldo characters.

Somepersoncorn

Potential Patron
Beta Testing has been announced! Beta testing will be available from November 14th to November 18th on the Playstation store. It's 4 Gigs and you will be able to fight as Mitsurugi, Siegfried, and Sophitia. Quest and Creation modes will also be available with the microtransaction shop where everything will be free. I'll be downloading this myself and will tell you guys of any ryona potential.

Rakkar

Potential Patron
Looks like the exact same game as the last few soul caliburs. I swear they're just changing like 2 or 3 things and releasing them as new games.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Soul Calibur 2 HD

Decided to make a thread on it since there was none. I picked it up and I like some of the graphical touch ups(mostly updated textures lighting and shaders nothing major) and the online is good. It comes with Heihachi and Spawn(no Link because Nintendo owns him) Other then that it is the same as the original release. Most content is locked and you unlock it like you did back in the day.

However I need to ask you guys this, Have any of you tried to zoom in with the reply? I can't seem to get it to work. Did they remove it!? I need to know because I planned to record some ryona videos with this game.

Also for those that care it has NO dual languages. Only english

onlinehero

Casual Client
I could not get it work either :( You can still rotate camera, but I don't know what you have to do to be able to zoom. Rather annoying if you can't zoom at all :S

Here's some test shots I took, if you're wondering what it looks like in replay:
qbruyct.jpg

vZxQFmh.jpg

BIpYrvr.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You can still zoom in video editor, but after that it doesn't look HD anymore :(
My recommendation: DON'T BUY THIS SHIT

Now if I would have energy to learn use dolphin emulator and find a gc version of the game... I tried PS2 version already, and YOU CAN'T MAKE IT HD EITHER. PSX2 just stretches 640x480 screen to 720p, which looks pretty fucking ugly

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.