Shiina from Angel Beats Hair and Uniform Request (1 Viewer)

SomeoneIdk

Potential Patron
I've searched multiple places and have only found stuff on Yuri. I didn't see a request for Shiina and I like her so if anybody can help out that'd be great! I've attached some reference images for anyone interested in helping me out. I'm also new to this forum so any tips and suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• char_34595.jpg
    char_34595.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Shiina-100-Men-shiina-angel-beats-31408232-1280-720.png
    Shiina-100-Men-shiina-angel-beats-31408232-1280-720.png
    960.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Shiina's_concentration.PNG
    Shiina's_concentration.PNG
    377 KB · Views: 98
  • 90a813ba65451564503f65b8e4aeaf58.jpg
    90a813ba65451564503f65b8e4aeaf58.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 94

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'm also new to this forum so any tips and suggestions are welcome!
Welcome!

Tip #1: Read the big fat sticky post :)

You've already done one important thing correctly: you Searched before making a Request. For anyone else reading this thread: three other characters from Angel Beats (Kanade Tachibana, Yui, and Yuri Nakamura) can be found in the Archive.

But you'll need to do some more preparatory work, because the images that you've posted aren't ideal. We prefer side-view reference images. You may not be able to find them by merely searching the Internet; you may need to actually re-watch the show and grab a few screenshots which depict the character in profile. You can then simply edit them in to your first post; it isn't necessary to start a new thread.

Please note that costume mods are fairly labor-intensive; they require special modding experience as well as licensed software. They tend to be fulfilled less often than hairstyle requests. There are several possibilities here which may improve the odds of success:
  • find really good reference images which show clean views of each item
    • this will tend to be a large set of images. An image which shows the belt clearly might exclude the boots. That's okay, so long as you can provide another image which shows the boots.
    • pay special attention to the gameplay details mentioned in the Request Rules. If you're asking for gloves, then we need several different camera angles or postures (for resting, hands-behind-back, and handjob positions).
  • reduce the modding workload by providing a vector trace of each requested item
    • a modder can then copy-paste the traced vector onto the SDT body template in Flash and make minor fitting adjustments
    • this involves slightly less work for the modder, and also feels more "fair" (because the person who wants the finished product is making a substantial contribution)
  • search for similar clothing mods and reduce the scope of your request
    • this is basically a school uniform with a few extra accessories, so check out the <school uniform> tag. You may be able to reuse some existing items
    • which elements would you consider most important, and which ones are expendable? For example, the distinctive crest appears on the character's left sleeve. So ... could we simply omit it and then let the viewer assume that it was drawn on the background side?
    • if you don't need RGB slider support or breast slider support then please say so (and specify the exact breast size to which the costume should be fitted). Including support for these features is possible, but it increases the complexity of the project (and the workload for the modder)
    • modders may be unwilling to commit to a complete costume request (which can involve many hours of work) but may look more favorably on a smaller one
  • get involved
    • people will tend be more generous towards an active member of the forum than a stranger
    • if you aren't active, then modders may decide that there's no reason to actually work on your request (because "nobody wants it anymore")

SomeoneIdk

Potential Patron
Welcome!

You've already done one important thing correctly: you Searched before making a Request. For anyone else reading this thread: three other characters from Angel Beats (Kanade Tachibana, Yui, and Yuri Nakamura) can be found in the Archive.

But you'll need to do some more preparatory work, because the images that you've posted aren't ideal. We prefer side-view reference images. You may not be able to find them by merely searching the Internet; you may need to actually re-watch the show and grab a few screenshots which depict the character in profile. You can then simply edit them in to your first post; it isn't necessary to start a new thread.

Please note that costume mods are fairly labor-intensive; they require special modding experience as well as licensed software. They tend to be fulfilled less often than hairstyle requests. There are several possibilities here which may improve the odds of success:
    • this will tend to be a large set of images. An image which shows the belt clearly might exclude the boots. That's okay, so long as you can provide another image which shows the boots.
    • pay special attention to the gameplay details mentioned in the Request Rules. If you're asking for gloves, then we need several different camera angles or postures (for resting, hands-behind-back, and handjob positions).
  • reduce the modding workload by providing a vector trace of each requested item
    • a modder can then copy-paste the traced vector onto the SDT body template in Flash and make minor fitting adjustments
    • this involves slightly less work for the modder, and also feels more "fair" (because the person who wants the finished product is making a substantial contribution)
    • this is basically a school uniform with a few extra accessories, so check out the <school uniform> tag. You may be able to reuse some existing items
    • which elements would you consider most important, and which ones are expendable? For example, the distinctive crest appears on the character's left sleeve. So ... could we simply omit it and then let the viewer assume that it was drawn on the background side?
    • if you don't need RGB slider support or breast slider support then please say so (and specify the exact breast size to which the costume should be fitted). Including support for these features is possible, but it increases the complexity of the project (and the workload for the modder)
    • modders may be unwilling to commit to a complete costume request (which can involve many hours of work) but may look more favorably on a smaller one
  • get involved
    • people will tend be more generous towards an active member of the forum than a stranger
    • if you aren't active, then modders may decide that there's no reason to actually work on your request (because "nobody wants it anymore")
Thank you very much for the reply! I'll see what I can do for additional screenshots and side views. Personally the hair would probably take priority over the costume since I understand it is very labor intensive. I'll do my best to try and find any existing models or costumes similar to this one and link it here. Thanks again for the help!

SomeoneIdk

Potential Patron
Welcome!

• get involved
I found some side views of the hair although only one of them is a perfect side view and it's only a black and white sketch. Would these be acceptable reference pictures for the hair?

Regarding the costume, I think the most important part would be the uniform itself with the slits along the skirt folds, the scarf, the gauntlets, and boots. Smaller details like the could probably be omitted due to it being on the left side. I will check and see if the uniform was already created but the main differences are the accessories she is wearing and the slightly customized uniform.

Attachments

• 4cdd332c6e7cc5ada986a92e0ea804cd.jpg
    4cdd332c6e7cc5ada986a92e0ea804cd.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
  • 94571b4bdc084429105892a817e77f59.jpg
    94571b4bdc084429105892a817e77f59.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • CGD2-34971.jpg
    CGD2-34971.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 117
  • tAG_76327 (1).jpg
    tAG_76327 (1).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 96
  • vlcsnap2010052812h46m15s106.png
    vlcsnap2010052812h46m15s106.png
    829.4 KB · Views: 103

SomeoneIdk

Potential Patron
I found a usable resource for the uniform here Brown Penny Loafers

It is generic school uniform loafers which Shiina seems to be wearing underneath her black leg wraps and leg guards. As for her body and bust size, she seems to be slightly taller and larger than average so probably a few ticks to the right from the center of the sliders. I'm not really sure how to give exact measurements on the body and bust sliders but I'd prefer the costume to not support the sliders since it will reduce the overall work load for any generous modders that are willing to help me out.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Hi. Did you know you can edit your posts to add additional content?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I found some side views of the hair although only one of them is a perfect side view and it's only a black and white sketch. Would these be acceptable reference pictures for the hair?
Strictly speaking: no. It's probably possible for an artist to complete the hairstyle as-is, but they'd be using imagination and creativity to compensate for the incomplete references. If I was trying to work on this hairstyle then I'd insist on better images. I'm not offering to work on this project, though - mainly because it isn't amenable to animation.

Again, I'm going to suggest that you take screen-captures from the actual anime instead of trying to find pre-existing images on the internet.

It's also recommended that you re-host your reference images instead of attaching them. Refer to the Requesting Rules for details.

As fleet fleet mentioned, you should try to condense your posts. You can edit the first post to include all of the information which is relevant to a new reader (such as "a prioritized list of the costume elements" and "hyperlinks or thumbnails for all of the reference images"). It's okay to have a back-and-forth discussion with other users as the thread proceeds, but making several consecutive replies to your own thread is rarely necessary.

I'm not really sure how to give exact measurements on the body and bust sliders
The best solution is to fine-tune the available colors and sliders to suit your character, and then share the resulting CharCode. CharCodes are described here; you should probably read the whole thing because it's a good introduction to SDT customization and modding.

A modder can then fit the clothing onto the breast size which you've specified in your CharCode. An artist can share your CharCode alongside their custom-drawn PNG file, so that anyone using the custom hairstyle can load it onto a customized face and body.

SomeoneIdk

Potential Patron
Strictly speaking: no. It's probably possible for an artist to complete the hairstyle as-is, but they'd be using imagination and creativity to compensate for the incomplete references. If I was trying to work on this hairstyle then I'd insist on better images. I'm not offering to work on this project, though - mainly because it isn't amenable to animation.

Again, I'm going to suggest that you take screen-captures from the actual anime instead of trying to find pre-existing images on the internet.

It's also recommended that you re-host your reference images instead of attaching them. Refer to the Requesting Rules for details.

As fleet fleet mentioned, you should try to condense your posts. You can edit the first post to include all of the information which is relevant to a new reader (such as "a prioritized list of the costume elements" and "hyperlinks or thumbnails for all of the reference images"). It's okay to have a back-and-forth discussion with other users as the thread proceeds, but making several consecutive replies to your own thread is rarely necessary.

The best solution is to fine-tune the available colors and sliders to suit your character, and then share the resulting CharCode. CharCodes are described here; you should probably read the whole thing because it's a good introduction to SDT customization and modding.

A modder can then fit the clothing onto the breast size which you've specified in your CharCode. An artist can share your CharCode alongside their custom-drawn PNG file, so that anyone using the custom hairstyle can load it onto a customized face and body.
Hi. Did you know you can edit your posts to add additional content?
Thanks for the help, guys! Sorry I'm a bit new to all of this but I'll fix up the thread and follow the suggestions and rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.