SDT wont open with adobe flashplayer (1 Viewer)

willwhitt56

Potential Patron
like it says, SDT wont open up and ive tried several different flashplayers, should i use an older version? (im using adobe flashplayer 25 BTW)

stuntcock

Content Creator
like it says, SDT wont open up and ive tried several different flashplayers, should i use an older version? (im using adobe flashplayer 25 BTW)
We'll need more information about your situation.
  • are you trying to use the Flash Player projector application to run the game? Or have you merely downloaded it and then tried to run the game by other means (e.g. in a web browser window)?
    • it might be useful to describe your attempt step-by-step in as much detail as possible (such as "I open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder named <folder> and then double-click the file named <filename> and then a Firefox window appears and then etc etc"). If you're willing to include screenshots then that would be helpful, but if you're concered about privacy then it's okay to omit them.
  • are you able to open the Flash Player projector application on its own?
    • if so, please post a screenshot so that we can confirm it's working properly.
    • if not, please ensure that you've downloaded a version of the app which fits your Operating System. There are separate downloads for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
  • do any particular error messages or warnings appear when you attempt to open SDT.swf or Loader.swf in the application window?
  • which version of SDT are you trying to use? Where did you acquire the game files?
    • if it's an older version (or acquired from an untrustworthy source, or recovered from a faulty HDD, etc) then I'd advise you to try again with a fresh copy of the game.
  • if you still haven't had any success then you could try again with sby's Loader Pack. It includes a built-in copy of the Flash Player projector and the whole thing can be run by double-clicking the "play SDT Loader" shortcut.
  • if the problem is still occurring then please switch from the Flash Player projector application to the Flash Player projector content debugger (available on the same webpage).
    • it will display some errors which are normally hidden from your eyes.
    • if such an error appears then please post it here so that we can investigate.
  • if you're still encountering difficulty then please check your system logs for any recent errors which seem relevant.
    • for example: SDT attempts to generate a SOL file in order to save user config data, and attempts to read from this file during startup. If your PC is blocking such file-access attempts (due to security or anti-virus policy) then that might explain the game's failure to launch.
  • if nothing has worked then please share some information about your PC: hardware, OS version, antivirus software, etc.

willwhitt56

Potential Patron
o
We'll need more information about your situation.
  • are you trying to use the Flash Player projector application to run the game? Or have you merely downloaded it and then tried to run the game by other means (e.g. in a web browser window)?
    • it might be useful to describe your attempt step-by-step in as much detail as possible (such as "I open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder named <folder> and then double-click the file named <filename> and then a Firefox window appears and then etc etc"). If you're willing to include screenshots then that would be helpful, but if you're concered about privacy then it's okay to omit them.
  • are you able to open the Flash Player projector application on its own?
    • if so, please post a screenshot so that we can confirm it's working properly.
    • if not, please ensure that you've downloaded a version of the app which fits your Operating System. There are separate downloads for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
  • do any particular error messages or warnings appear when you attempt to open SDT.swf or Loader.swf in the application window?
  • which version of SDT are you trying to use? Where did you acquire the game files?
    • if it's an older version (or acquired from an untrustworthy source, or recovered from a faulty HDD, etc) then I'd advise you to try again with a fresh copy of the game.
  • if you still haven't had any success then you could try again with sby's Loader Pack. It includes a built-in copy of the Flash Player projector and the whole thing can be run by double-clicking the "play SDT Loader" shortcut.
  • if the problem is still occurring then please switch from the Flash Player projector application to the Flash Player projector content debugger (available on the same webpage).
    • it will display some errors which are normally hidden from your eyes.
    • if such an error appears then please post it here so that we can investigate.
  • if you're still encountering difficulty then please check your system logs for any recent errors which seem relevant.
    • for example: SDT attempts to generate a SOL file in order to save user config data, and attempts to read from this file during startup. If your PC is blocking such file-access attempts (due to security or anti-virus policy) then that might explain the game's failure to launch.
  • if nothing has worked then please share some information about your PC: hardware, OS version, antivirus software, etc.
ok, so i open up my file as usual, click on the loader file to play it, the adobe flash player (projector version) opens up, and it just stays on a blank screen. i havent done anything to either one for it to do this, other than not play it for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.