SD Chan, colored black with gradient - Dynamic (1 Viewer)

funfriend

Content Creator
I took exampleMod.fla and replaced the colors to give her black hair. I also added a gradient, which I haven't seen on any vector hairs yet.

Again, I attached the source file, which I think ought to be common practice.

Attachments

• sd-chan-black-gradient-01-preview.PNG
    sd-chan-black-gradient-01-preview.PNG
    63.7 KB · Views: 5,048
sd-chan-black-gradient-01.swf
9.5 KB · Views: 45,171

sd-chan-black-gradient-07.fla
113.3 KB · Views: 1,876

rufferto

Vivacious Visitor
Cool idea, well done!

Also good to see that you keep your source files CS5-friendly, but for my part I´m more hesitant to release my source files. :-\

funfriend

Content Creator
rufferto said:
I´m more hesitant to release my source files.

If you post your sources, someone might improve upon your work or use it to create something else, resulting in more/better imports. Isn't that the whole purpose of this forum?

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of other people taking complete credit for my work. And it'll happen, because someone will get the file without knowing who made it.

rufferto

Vivacious Visitor
Anon´s got a point there.

And not every "improvement" will result in better imports.
I´m putting a lot of work into my imports and don´t like to see wacky things *cough*breast graffitis*cough* happening to them.

rufferto

Vivacious Visitor
Today I learned: Flash gives you much more control over gradients than I originally thought.

I took your source file and made a brown-haired version:
[attachthumb=1]

[attachthumb=2]

Attachments

• sd-chan_brown.png
    sd-chan_brown.png
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,252
sd-chan_brown.swf
9 KB · Views: 20,307

funfriend

Content Creator
rufferto said:
I took your source file and made a brown-haired version:

Hey, cool! When I was converting the original SD-chan to black, I used "find and replace colors", and that sped things up a lot. People could probably whip up lots of different colors quickly.

kinkman

Potential Patron
funfriend said:
If you post your sources, someone might improve upon your work or use it to create something else, resulting in more/better imports. Isn't that the whole purpose of this forum?

hell yeah brother ;)

nice work. keep it up man!

Potential Patron
Anonymous said:
I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of other people taking complete credit for my work. And it'll happen, because someone will get the file without knowing who made it.
But you're Anonymous, wouldn't crediting your work be kind of... pointless?

Scyth118

Potential Patron
42 said:
But you're Anonymous, wouldn't crediting your work be kind of... pointless?

Hey, let's all just bring up stuff from over a month ago. Woohoo.
And no, it wouldn't ;D (in case you are joking)

stuntcock

Content Creator
Are you planning on ...

59432925.jpg

This thread was created in 2011. The creator of this hairstyle ( F funfriend ) hasn't visited the forum since 2013. Browsing through old threads for content is a great idea, but please be aware of the context when doing so. Older mods may not work correctly with the latest version of the game; old authors may no longer be active. It's a good idea to check the most-recent-activity date for a user before asking them for favors. If someone seems to be absent, then you may find better luck by posting a Revision thread instead.

making a black version of the SD chan 2 hair?
You can Shift+Click on dynamic hair strands to hide them. If you Shift+Click on both strands of the black SDChan hair (note: the rear one is slightly difficulty to hit), then it becomes black SDChan2 hair.

If you're using the hairstyle in the context of a Character Folder (or a conventional Saved Character with the moreClothing mod) then you can automate the hair-strand-hiding via charcode customization.

If you're finding the whole process very difficult or confusing then you can post a Revision thread and ask for an edited SWF file.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Are you planning on making a black version of the SD chan 2 hair?
Asking for an hair mod is a bit of overkill while with this custom data, you can make nearly any hair black:
Code:
hairhsl:0,0,0.15,1
The same thing is made by changing Her hair Tint in the Custom tab. S (saturation) = 0 removes the colour and L (lighting) = 15 makes the hair darker (0 would make it completly dark).
For info, H (hue) changes the colour, from red to blue, like on a rainbow and C (contrast) changes the... contrast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.