School Rumble Underground (English, French) (1 Viewer)

HumanKtulu

Potential Patron
I'll check this, have you tried to restart the chapter to see if the issue still occurs?
Yes, i tried that, and use debug option for skip this part but the screen stay black. I will test other things. I use "reset" option, i need to retake entire history ...

Jaxx

Content Creator
Well, I just tried both of these chapter, 1-8 and 5-0 without any issue.
Reseting the whole game is irelevant though, you do not have to go through this.
Could you copy/paste me the last few lines of the dialog log? Modding tab>Custom Dialog Edit button>Log button (upper right of the dialog box)

BamonSwanqueen

Content Creator
Can you be a bit more specific? I'm very confused with your question
I'm sorry I meant the sounds on the folder
But I have difficulties with the story, at some point it all goes black, i fixed it as suggested by just changing the chapter but now it's stucked in the same chapter
I'm so confuseddd !

BamonSwanqueen

Content Creator
Wow, the most complete dialogue i have seen ! Very very good job... You make a great work with backgrounds, that's very smart idea.
When i have bug i simply activate and desactivate auto-mode and it's done ...
But in fr version the screen stay black after intro of day 5.
How can we do that?

HumanKtulu

Potential Patron
Jaxx Jaxx : i'm sorry, i dont have the bug any more ... I just restart the game and now it's work fine !

I use brestfirmness mod too, but very good "quasi-visual-novel".

JOKERASAS

Potential Patron
Well, I just tried both of these chapter, 1-8 and 5-0 without any issue.
Reseting the whole game is irelevant though, you do not have to go through this.
Could you copy/paste me the last few lines of the dialog log? Modding tab>Custom Dialog Edit button>Log button (upper right of the dialog box)
hello when found in custom Dialog Edit button ???

Last edited:

Garfunkel

Potential Patron
This is amazing work. Never would I have believed that SDT is flexible enough for something like this! Every SDT user should download and enjoy this. I especially liked all the little details you included, like every time a girl takes her bra off, you've gone to the trouble of animating their hands going through the necessary motions, and having the girls have actual facial expression. Any actual content change or additions would just be catering to my kinks, but hey - if you do add stuff, I'd love even more clothed sex and more stockings. Oh and if at all possible, insert a second "pulled down panties" object. It was somewhat amusing to see all four girls wear the exact same panties, always pulled down to the same spot on their legs, but it is what it is.

Some constructive criticism: on the last day (Day 7), you have a threesome and a foursome going on. Unfortunately, it seems that the game limitations only allow you to have two active actors. This makes the third (and fourth actor) look like wax puppets, eternally frozen in a single position, with their mouth open. This was quite distracting for me. I wouldn't have minded fade-to-black cuts if through them you could have made the third and fourth actor slightly change position or posture. Another issue is that there are a fairly large number of both typos and grammatical errors with the text. I take it you're a French speaker? It's not a massive problem, but if you're willing to provide me with a text file of all the dialogue, I can go through it and fix the typos and offer some suggestions for the phrases that probably sound normal in French but come across as weird or awkward in English.

Having said that, I once more wish to congratulate you on this gargantuan task that you've completed and that it really is amazing! Thanks for doing it! Going back to normal dialogue after this will be so boring!

Last edited:

Jaxx

Content Creator
Thank you so much for such feedback, I'm really glad you liked it :smile:

About the pulled down panties, this mod isn't from me, I just extracted its components to remake it, so it would be displayed above any stockings (the original mod was bellow). I'm not a good enough drawer to do some sophisticated clothing mods, it really depends. I mean... I could achieve some sophisticated mechanics just like the office top outfit, but when it comes to drawings... it's not my best asset :rolleyes:

About the 3/4some scenes, know that each background require 2 layers, background and foreground, wich requires clipping and sometimes is a long and painful work. The best would be to write a mod adding 1 or 2 more customizable actors but this is outside my league, and probably too much resources to handle for flash, I'm afraid it would become really slow.

About the typos and grammatical errors, your assumption is correct, I've been accross this dialog for so many hours I did my best to avoid it but I'm not surprised there are many remaining. I won't provide a text file as it would require to copy/paste every single line of the dialog, and I already did this to make 2 languages versions, wich took me... 4 days! (ok... it could have been less, but it was so anoying than I had to take breaks :tongue:)
However, you can find it all in the Mods/SR Eng folder, files named "day#(-#).txt"
If you're really up to this, send me the corrected english dialog files and I'll update the bundle, not forgeting to credit you about it :wink:

Having spent more than a year on this project, I don't think I'll make major changes to it, but minor improvements and fixes, sure.
Again, thank you :smile:

Garfunkel

Potential Patron
About the 3/4some scenes, know that each background require 2 layers, background and foreground, wich requires clipping and sometimes is a long and painful work. The best would be to write a mod adding 1 or 2 more customizable actors but this is outside my league, and probably too much resources to handle for flash, I'm afraid it would become really slow.

Right. In one of the earlier days, you used the third actor as part of the background, and that worked pretty well. I mean, obviously they are part of the background, but it wasn't too distracting. When they were a wax puppet and more integral to the scene, it looked kinda worse. Similar to the uncanny valley effect. And yeah, I think I was already at like 5 FPS during the more complicated scenes, so I can totally understand that Flash just can't handle more stuff. A pity. In any case, thanks again for all your work, thoroughly enjoyable.

Jaxx

Content Creator
I did not drop to 5 fps cuz I'm lucky to have a fine computer, but I noticed that you can improve the performance by just restarting the story from the folder (no flash projector reboot required). I believe it must be clearing some cache somehow and helps to get a better result. You could try that for the worst parts. I noticed slowing down in middle of day 2, 5 and 7 part 3 if I remember well.

Jaxx

Content Creator
I just released an update with additional content.
You now have access to some bonuses after game completion. Those bonuses include a new chapter, some kind of spin off to the story, and some custom play where you can choose your character, scene, and position.

Updates notes here

tw1istedsoul

Casual Client
Bonus content seemed to work as intended. Everything ran very smooth. Two thumbs up! Well done!!!!

I really enjoyed your work, overall, and hope to see more in the future!

Jaxx

Content Creator
I do not think I'll add anymore content to SRU. However, I'll very likely release most of the mods (hair and clothes mods) I created for this project separately, and might improve them before any standalone release. When I'll do so, I'll notify on this thread so you can download updated versions of the mods. Of course, I'll let you know how you have to rename them to make them work with moreclothing mod in this bundle.

2good2Btru

Potential Patron
I've just started with SDT and this is my first post so please bear with me. Instead of repeating how to do this, directing me in where to go to find out would be great as well (link please). Anyway, I have the sby_loader_pack that I use with the SDT Loader and all. Where do I go to load it in the program and what file do I need to load to get it started. Finally, should I have auto mode off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.