Saving and Loading variables in the Save namespace (1 Viewer)

Fleack

Avid Affiliate
Hey. I'm trying to allow saving variables in a dialogue for the first time. I've read through the documentation and I've looked at Wee Willie's dialogues to mimic the format but still I'm running into a couple problems.

1. The dialogue won't load variables unless they're already in the Save namespace. This means that to load everything properly the dialogue already has to have a save file. So, if I try loading the dialogue with a new save for example, it gets confused and can't load the variables in the initial_settings line because it's trying to load those same variables from a save file that doesn't exist yet.

2. It can't write variables properly. For example, in game, instead of "*variable*" coming out as "7" in the dialogue, it comes out as "Undefined1111" or "NaN1111111".

3. Some variables can't be saved or loaded properly at all for some reason. When I try to save particular variables for loading, lines that feature those variables won't load at all. I just get blank lines.

I attached a copy of my dialogue if someone wants to figure out what I'm doing wrong. The only triggers I'm using are SAVEGETVARS at the beginning of the dialogue and SAVESETVARS throughout the dialogue during specific events.

Attachments

Dialogue.txt
913.9 KB · Views: 105

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.