[PC] Ryona Saga Developers Warehouse (1 Viewer)

_matt

Potential Patron
its a game from someone...yes someone...the original creator of this game is unknown...but few fans started to add their own character into it and it become popular.sometime later some translate it into english and here it is...
i didnt really remember where i download it from but luckily the link still in mybrowsing history so here it is..and not uploaded by me
and if i not mistaken you can somehow edit the attack if you really good with the script stuff..some fans do discuss this in some forum somewhere=.=!!..
and you can also control your enemy to whack your own team..sweet eh?..

Code:
http://hotfile.com/dl/9006191/bb7eaaa/Ryona

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
RyonaSaga Developers Warehouse

http://dev.rsaga.org/up/

This is where all the updates and mods for ROA, RyonaSaga, and a few other projects are uploaded to. It's in japanese so it's a little hard to find out what some of the files are. Just thought I'd post this in case nobody knew the official source of them.

noice1

Potential Patron
I remember RyonaSaga. I found it really interesting, but when I tried updating/modifying it, it broke the game :( I r teh suck. Will check them out again, thanks.

noice1

Potential Patron
Hey Clan, do you know which file is the latest version of RyonaSaga?

EDIT: The file I downloaded wasn't even the full game. Ugh.

I see a lot of patches/map files but what with so many other files in Japanese I'm just wondering if there's a newer version. I would almost kill for a good translator.

Last edited by a moderator:

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I'm thinking this is the latest version but I can't read Japanese either. I tried running it on my computer and it runs fine, although it's all in Japanese so I had no idea what I was doing. I never really got into RyonaSaga. Ryona in an RPG game wasn't ever my thing.

http://dev.rsaga.org/up/src/up1944.zip

noice1

Potential Patron
Thanks, checking it out now. At least it's in partial english.

And this kind of RPG ryona is actually better than most. There are a lot of games based off RPG Maker that aren't good. A lot of the ones I see are all in Japanese so you can't read any dialogue, and the "ryona" is just anime pictures loaded into the background during battles, kinda sad.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Thankfully I've played a few jRPGs in my life (Final Fantasy mostly) so I understood the concept of this game. Of course the Japanese version is pretty much unplayable, but the English version found in another thread of this forum was what I needed. The two threads should be merged IMHO for everyone's benefit.

Edit : They have been merged now, thanks d£t!

I enjoyed this game far more than I would have thought, I downloaded it roughly at 9pm and finished playing at about 10am... And I still hadn't played at the Arena which has several more interesting combatants to be found! It sure is one of the better Ryona games out there, some thought has been put into both monsters and female victims, plus it focuses on the ryona aspect instead of the hentai one like most others do (something that really turns me off).

Whoever designed those female bee monsters was a genius, her moves are not only greatly animated but also innovative and efficiently stimulating. I'm not going into detail because I wouldn't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet. The slime girls are similar in nature but different enough to also make good enemy choices, with the Queen Slima and Arachnes also on that list by association. Then there's the usi_girl and hypnosis_ring's great "press" moves, the interesting lamia&lilith combo... I could go on.

Unfortunately there are lots of monsters that consist of a single frame of animation, and one of them is actually a common enemy in the dungeons (goblin). I can only say, shame they were ever implemented in the game...

Now I just wish there was some way we could incorporate the newer enemies & dungeons from the Japanese version into the English one...

noice1

Potential Patron
I did find the other thread after I gave up on the Japanese version, I should have posted up about that.

And yeah, I would really like to be able to add new monsters, it seems a little outdated on the English version. Oh well, that's how it always seems to be with Japanese games that are translated..

Mardion

Potential Patron
Okay, I tinkered around just a bit and found it's actually very easy to incorporate enemies from the Japanese version into the game. All you have to do is copy the contents of the Enemy folder into your Enemy folder, then open the file StartData\Enemy.txt and insert the names of these folders in the list. Just be sure NOT to save it in Unicode. If there is also a Skill\Txt\Egg.txt file inside the archive, just search inside the text file for mention of the monster with the same name as the aforementioned folder and copy that portion of text into your Egg.txt file. Voila!

It is also easy to direct which monsters appear as your enemies. For Arena mode you just add/remove names from the StartData\Enemy.txt file. For Dungeon mode, you go to Dungeon\(name of Dungeon you want to change)\(Floor you want to change)\Event and open ALL of the files there, substituting the enemies' names with the ones you want. You can even insert gold or item rewards anywhere you want by following the 'example' in ENSample\Floor-2\Event\3.txt!

Lastly, you can change your enemies' moves by going to Enemy\(monster name here)\(monster name here)_ed.txt and go to the bottom. Find a move you want to remove and delete the line that contains its name plus the following one. Change the sklprb number and the monster will perform the move less or more often as you wish it. You can even insert moves, but that doesn't work with all moves and may require tinkering in the Skill folder.

Have fun changing the game according to your wishes! :-)

noice1

Potential Patron
Gonna try it. Here's hoping I don't mess it up.. :)

Update: In large part, it worked, big thanks :) I did have a snag with one enemy that crashed the game. A few of the enemies I added (but worked) also gave errors when the game started. But at least the game worked this time! :)

M

Matys

I have a problem with the firing RyonaSaga game.
When I run it shows a black box with subtitles. When I give further off to write something about decide_state_P.txt.
Please help.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
In order to play the game, you have to have your non-unicode characters set to display in Japanese. This must be set both when playing the game, and when you download/unzip it (as important files end up with gibberish filenames otherwise).

Does anyone still play this game? I know I got burnt out on it when making Janne, since it was so much work.

Mardion

Potential Patron
when making Janne
Do you mean while leveling Janne up or something else I missed with my limited understanding of English?

Personally I play it every once in a while (once a month perhaps) for a couple of hours ; I had to restrict my time on it since I played it to death when I first learned about it and don't want oversaturating myself with it!

Noname

Ryonani Teamster
I can't really tell which files are maps and which ones aren't. Has anyone found any good dungeons they can point me in the direction of? Thanks.

Mardion

Potential Patron
No, I drew the sprites and wrote the definition file. How do you like it?

Wow, now that's cool. Although I'm not a fan of girls in armor, I thought she was well designed and had relatively very good animation. The "vine prisoner" frame (the one that's applied against Nightmare Kiss) was nice and I liked her kick frames too :-)

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Finally downloaded the game to check it out again... when the heck did they make it fullscreen? That's kind of annoying. :beaten:

Also interesting to see the minor changes they made... doesn't look like any art was changed, just stats (and a "win" frame designated from whenever that animation was added). I did tell them I was 100% done with it and they could do whatever they wanted with it, so in a way I'm almost disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.