Ryona Games Master List (1 Viewer)

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Okay. I'm kinda disappointed, but I'll get over it. I might end up renting it though, as I am very tolerant of poor games.

K

keeblerelf

What, no "Time Gal" on the Genesis/Mega-Drive/SegaCD list?
The "Ogre" (Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre) series has a bit since animation and sound effects are included -- as opposed to only stills that other tactics/strategy games (say the Langrisser series) would have.

Oh, and I think MAME supports "Kaiser Knuckle" aka "Global Champion" as well. And definitely supports NeoGeo titles like Waku Waku 7, Galaxy Fight...

Last edited by a moderator:

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
Wow, this looks like a fun list if it was managed a little better, and to be kepted updated instead of going into each post to see if there's something new.

I have a few lists myself, but the problem with a list like this is in what I believe, is that as long as there's a female character almost anywhere in the game, there's a good chance there's a ryona moment. EIther way, when I have time, I'll make a list of what I have and what I consider the "ryona level" to fit.

....you know what, I'll just go ahead and add something for the PS2 and Gamecube area if I can, because I am a console gamer.

As I already think almost all games have ryona in it, I'll just go straight to games most people already know for ryona and that's fighting games and also, wrestling games. For PS3, Smackdown! vs RAW 2009 is your best bet in having fun ryona action, more so on the online area. Although you are limited in what you can do as a female wrestler (limited match types), online when you select a created wrestler it doesn't auto show that it's a female character, so I often like to join up in 2 on 1 matches (with me as the 1) and just let them have at my character.

Many of the moves in the game fit well into ryona, though some of the older ones are better. If you go back to games like Smackdown! vs RAW 2006, there would be grapevine moves (where a character just grabs between the legs and pull), and also the crotch jumping rope. They all work well.

Mardion

Potential Patron
This list is definitely not complete, I'd say it's a draft of a starting point for someone who hasn't tried ryona games for these specific consoles. You are all, of course, welcome to help expand it. Personally, I'm working on another kind of list (1-on-1 fighting games only).

And I'm pretty sure wrestling games are supposed to be ryona games automatically (at least if they were made in the past 10 years).

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
Alright, as I'm resting from my current jobs right now, I figured I'll start a PS2 part of the list. If I list games that are already on the list, I'm sorry. Hopefully my comments towards those games will be fun at least.

I'm going to try and make my list just abit more informational, as I've used to follow this japanese Wikipedia that has a list of ryona games and some information on them. Well, let's start it off then...!

Playstation 2
Urban Reign

Urban Reign
db097b7da53e38c9d03adde318ec362bb6243156.jpg

Console: Playstation 2
Genre: Beat-Them-Up/Brawler
Ryona Ranking: S
Every single character in the game has at least 2-4 grapple attacks, and while most of them are of wrestling moves, with over at least 30-40 characters, and seval of them female, you're going to have ALOT of fun figuring out everyone's movelist on all of the women in this game. The main girl, the girl in blue on the cover, is also in the perfect outfit in my mind to be beaten up in. She is the brightest character in the game, and th easiest one to target and see how the attacks are being done to her.

The fact that she is one of the few girls in the game, along with a main story in which involves her dealing with almost every gang member in her city, just helps in setting up the ryona mood.

Ryona Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krqSW0z-HW4

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
The Bouncer
196809_front.jpg

Console: Playstation 2
Genre: Beat-Them-Up/Brawler
Ryona Ranking: D+
This brawler from Squaresoft (SquareEnix now) is one of the most prettiest games for the Playstation 2, and even though it came out near the start of the console, I would still say it has some of the most smoothest and beautiful character models there is. This also translates to the several female characters you can play as in the extra modes in this game (the story mode is set between the 3 main characters).

However, while the characters are pretty, as a ryona game it's pretty low. Most of the time the game is zoomed out, and there are aren't much grab attacks in this game that gives a good ryona feel as most of the time you end up feeling like your beating up rag dolls.There are several enemies at the start that will shock you, but other than that most of it is just straight punching and kicking towards your chosen victim. The reason this game gets such a low rating for me is because there's not alot of animations that involves your character in pain, and you'll enjoy this more for it's fighting than for getting hit.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apo3lj8Z5FE&feature=related

S

shiroryu

There's another game you can play on MAME that's not present in the list - Fighting Layer, starring the lovely Blair Dame - though unfortunately MAME doesn't render it very well and the characters are somewhat blocky. The game itself is OK for ryona, but two aspects stand out: one, part of the arcade mode is a choice between fighting a shark, tiger, or large eagle. These guys only have two moves, a charge, and a mauling, but that's still good.

Also, the sub-boss and boss fights are great ryona. One of the three sub-bosses you can fight is a commando type which grapples you, puts a big bomb on your behind, and then explodes it remotely. The other, and my favourite, is a wrestler who fights in a wrestling ring, and uses it to great advantage.

Finally, the boss is able to reverse some moves, and also has a beast-like move where he grabs you by the neck and runs all over the room.

Sadly, the other girls in the game are average -a waif-like psycho girl and a slightly hotter Chinese kung-fu fighter. In summary, it's easily missable, but you want to try this game out if you're a ryona lover.

demon99

Potential Patron
does anyone know if they are making an urban reign for the ps3? and I hope I'm not overstepping by asking this: does anyone know a good oldschool games rom website?

J

jojo777

There is a game...Not many people have played it...but you guys should check out Predator: Concrete Jungle. I remember loving that game, you could just jump down and scoop up some random female pedestrian and carry her around, and from there you could perform many different executions...including ripping her in half. It was on the original Xbox, so I don't know how hard it would be to get a hold of. Definitely worth checking out though.

colvin

Potential Patron
i think you forgot an important game which include a lot of female combants named return to castle wolfenstein.
i have been playing this game for many years from 2006.
that is really fantastic to RYONA

Mardion

Potential Patron
i think you forgot an important game which include a lot of female combants named return to castle wolfenstein.
i have been playing this game for many years from 2006.
that is really fantastic to RYONA
Thank you for your contribution, I just added this game to the Main Ryona Games List. I'm surprised you like it that much, though, it's an FPS so they can really only die in one way, unless I'm mistaken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.