Ryona Games Master List (1 Viewer)

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
So I've been trolling this forum since its inception, seeing how it comes along. I think I've been into ryona longer than anyone here, based on what I'm reading and seeing. The only problem for me is that I don't have access to any recording equipment, so I've been relying on Youtube for the last 3-4 years to get videos of what I'm looking for. I have a computer (obviously) along with all 3 of the major console systems, and have been into "ryona" (glad they have a name for it now), for at least 15 years, dating back to high school.

Like I said, I can't record, but I have spent quite a bit of time hunting up subject material, and have probably done more research than most. I can help provide places to look for obscure ryona, if others will find ways to record it. If anyone else has suggestions, post them as well, I'm always looking for more. Here's a start, look up the games (and download if you have emulators):

Super Nintendo

1. Wild Guns
2. Zombies Ate My Neighbors
3. Super Metroid
4. Peace Keepers
5. The Ninja Warriors Again
6. Ghoul Patrol
7. Justice League Task Force
8. Final Fight 2
9. Final Fight 3
10. Brawl Brothers
11. Battle Zeque Den
12. Battle Tycoon
13. Battle Blaze
14. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters (different from Genesis version)
15. Tuff E Nuff

Sega Genesis

1. Alien Storm
2. Alisia Dragoon
3. Blades of Vengeance
4. Contra - Hard Corps
5. Cutthroat Island
6. Eternal Champions
7. Ex-Mutants
8. Golden Axe
9. Golden Axe 2
10. Golden Axe 3
11. The Pirates of Dark Water
12. Rolling Thunder 2
13. Streets of Rage
14. Streets of Rage 2
15. Streets of Rage 3
16. Sword of Sodan
17. Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles - Tournament Fighters
18. Trouble Shooter

MAME (Arcade Emulator)

1. Alien Syndrome
2. Alien Storm
3. Arabian Fight
4. Arabian Magic
5. Alien vs. Predator
6. Asura Blade - Sword of Destiny
7. Asylum
8. Athena
9. Battle K-Road
10. Blandia (prototype)
11. Burning Rival
12. Cadash
13. Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
14. Crystal of Kings, The
15. Daraku Tenshi - The Fallen Angels
16. Devil World (or Dark Adventure)
17. Die Hard Arcade (or Dynamite Deka)
18. Dragon Master
19. Dragoon Might
20. Dungeon Magic
21. Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
22, Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom
23. Elevator Action Returns
24. Gaia Crusaders
25. Gaiapolis
26. GI Joe
27. Golden Axe
28. Growl (Henchwomen to fight)
29. Guardians / Denjin Makai II
30. Guardians of the 'Hood
31. Gunbird 2
32. Gunforce 2
33. Guwange
34. Knights of Valour Plus / Sangoku Senki Plus
35. Knuckle Heads
36. Legend of Silkroad, The
37. Legionnaire (It doesn't quite work, can anyone find a working rom of this?)
38. Martial Champion
39. Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
40. Metamoqester
41. Mighty Warriors
42. Monster Maulers
43. Mutant Fighter
44. Mystic Warriors
45. Onna Sansirou - Typhoon Gal
46. Outfoxies
47. Pirates
48. Power Instinct 2
49. Power Instinct 3 - Groove on Fight
50. Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon
51. Rolling Thunder 2 (slightly better than Genesis variant)
52. Shadow Force
53. Soldier Girl Amazon
54. Spider-Man: The Videogame (Black Cat playable)
55. Sunset Riders (henchwomen to fight)
56. Superior Soldiers
57. Survival Arts
58. Tao Taido
59. Tengai / Sengoku Blade: Sengoku Ace Episode II
60. Undercover Cops
61. Violent Storm
62. Warrior Blade - Rastan Saga Episode III
63. Wizard Fire
64. X-Men

Neo-Geo
1. Art of Fighting series
2. Breakers / Breakers Revenge
3. Double Dragon
4. King of Fighting series
5. Last Blade 2
6. Metal Slug series

XBox
1. Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
2. Def Jam: Fight For NY
3. Timesplitters 2
4. Timesplitters Future Perfect
5. Red Ninja: End of Honor
6. Fantastic 4
7. Catwoman
8. Dynasty Warriors series
9. Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects
10. Bloodrayne 2
11. Backyard Wrestling 2: There Goes the Neighborhood
12. Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance
13. Dead or Alive 3 / Dead or Alive Ultimate
14. Kakuto Chojin
15. King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Maniax
16. Spikeout: Battle Street
17. Soul Calibur 2
18. Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus

There will be names you recognize on the list, of course, and games you've played before, but I'm betting there will be new stuff for everyone on there. More to come.

I'm glad this forum exists. Let's see if we can't expand our collections a little.

Last edited by a moderator:

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Re: Time to help

Hey there ajstevus,

I think you meant lurking, not trolling (but that makes little difference) :P
Glad to see you posted as I saw you online rather frequently (along with many others) but never saw any posts.

Thanks very much for the list. I've played a lot of the games on there before as I have gone looking through many lists of games either listed as having a female protagonist or side scrolling beat-em-up game, as they usually have at least one female character, but some of them I've never even heard of so I'll definitely check them out. This list might be of special interest to ninjaryona as he is one of the few people on YouTube that have done recordings of super nintendo games. I may be wrong but I don't think you need an actual recording device to screen capture from emulators. Fraps (the program I used to capture video) should be able to capture from anything that uses Direct3D or DirectDraw which I believe any Windows based emulator can be set to use. All of my Death by Degrees videos were captured using Fraps and PCSX2. If you need a copy of the program I'll gladly post it.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster

Yeah, like I said, you'll probably have played some of them. It's like making a list of the all-time great movies...everyone is going to say "The Godfather," but then there'll be a film on someone else's list you haven't heard of before, and you think "I gotta check that out." That's what I'm trying to do here.

I've got FRAPS, but I use it for screengrabs instead of video. Videos tend to be a memory hog on my machine, plus I've been finding and playing a lot more ryona on my consoles in recent years (which I'm not running through my computer and can't use FRAPS on). If you had a section for "screenshots," I could post some up in there.

Here's an old game that has pretty good ryona but no one ever did a video on: Batman - Rise of Sin Tzu for XBox and PS2. A shame, as the enemy grapples on Batgirl, and her death scream, are not bad at all.

Finally, yeah, I meant lurking, as I'm hardly trolling.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster

I think I played a bit of Batman Rise of Sin Tzu for the PS2, but only to the 2nd level. I don't recall bad guys grappling at all in that game, did I just not get far enough in?

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster

No, it's not until about midway through the game that you ran into enemies who grappled, and then it was only the big baddies who had their own health bars. Some of them would pick up batgirl and punch her repeatedly, others would bearhug her, and others would simply bodyslam her. A few of the bosses had grapples as well. All in all, not half bad!

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster

goodness, that list does bring back memories.

one of my favorites for MAME is the X-Men arcade game. there are several levels with cliffs where enemies can knock off Storm and Dazzler.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster

I'm going to keep updating that original list and keep it in the first message, I'll just post here when I've done an update.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster

Hope you don't mind, I'm going to move this post to the ryona section.

hocubed

Ryonani Teamster

nice collection but I generally like N64 and other consoles that came after more due to the better graphics mainly

Mardion

Potential Patron
Very nice list there, ajstevus, I'll be sure to check it out. In the meantime here are some interesting MAME games you can check out :

Aggressors of Dark Kombat (several excruciating holds)
Alien vs Predator (The aliens have a habit of flinging her around or biting her)
Battle Circuit (trolls, robots, giant apes, leather-clad mistresses, you name it, they grapple her)
Big Fight - Big trouble in the Atlantic Ocean (some interesting enemies, and you can also be hit while being down)
Blood Storm (if amputations and decapitations are your style)
Blood Warrior (helps that the fighters are digitized)
Fighting Layer (includes being bitten by a tiger and a shark)
Golden Axe - The Duel (1on1 fighting game)
Night Slashers (TRY THIS FIRST, seriously! Flesh-eating zombies, double-teaming voodoo guardians, wrestling Frankenstein Monster... and many more!)
Ragnagard
Red Earth (Boss-type fights like Monster Maulers, can't miss it)
Waku-Waku 7 (goofy to be sure, but you gotta love how they step on you when you're down or how that maid injects you with life-draining serums)

There's also Tenth Degree, but it hasn't been fully emulated yet so it's slow to a crawl. As for Legionnaire, it's not supported by MAME yet.

BTW, in Undercover Cops I love that robot monster that grabs you then takes you all the way and throws you into a mechanical pressing machine that instantly squashes you if you don't exit in time.

PS: Have you played any Playstation games?

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I don't suppose you guys could suggest any action/adventure ryona games for the PS3? I've turned a blind-eye to the console market for so long I have no idea what's out there.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I went through a lot of the games on your MAME lists and jesus, it makes you realize how many clones there are of the popular fighting games. Unforunately I didn't really come across any games I enjoyed for ryona purposes much that I hadn't already seen before. The Golden Axe fighter game is one of the few fighting games I like at all for ryona. For some reason Milan Flare looks really sexy O_OI really appreciate you guys putting the list together though. At least now I know I'm not missing out.

I liked how the girl gets laid out in Big Fight, but for some reason none of the bad guys seem to hit you while you're on the ground even though the game tries to make you button jam to get up faster.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Yeah, after SF2 and Final Fight respectively came out and hit it well, every other company tried to copy them to make some easy cash, so you'll see lots of copies around. Personally I don't have a problem with them, as long as the girls look different and have different moves, I don't care if they're similar, they're seperate entities I can enjoy.

If you're looking for something out of the ordinary, try Aggressors of Dark Kombat (haven't found another fighter with these moves) , Die Hard Arcade (their long-winded grabs rock, eventhough everyone has the same ones) , Guardians of the 'Hood (haven't found another brawler with these moves, and it's digitized) , Mutant Fighter (many innovative enemies, and some have great Super moves, especially the hydra, you just have to help them raise their Super bar) and maybe Fighting Layer (lots of moves for everyone, and like I said, includes a tiger and a shark) , Waku-Waku 7 (if you can stand the cartoony style) and Ragnagard. If you find these boring as well then there's nothing anyone can do for you :-P

Funnily enough, I also have a soft spot in my heart for Golden Axe - The Duel's Milan. My reasoning is that not only does she have those sexy legs, in her second grab she actually uses them to choke you with ^_^ As for Big Fight, I remember it was pretty rare, but I clearly remember the whip lady jumping on my character while she was laid on the ground.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Sorry, I should probably be listing what I consider to be the stand-out games in the main list. What's up there is just a broad, overall compendium of what I've found to have decent-quality ryona in them (not the best, per se, but enjoyable enough). Some of my favorites:

On MAME (and in no particular order, just as I remember them):

1. Warrior Blade - Rastan Saga 3 is great. The female warrior is really cute, and even though there aren't any throws, there's a nice variety of enemies, and the horseback-riding and hill-sliding sequences offer good variations on the same hack-and slash.

2. X-Men: for all you purists there. I fell in love with this game in the arcade, and Dazzler is really cute. I'm sure most have played this one.

3. Guardians / Denjin Makai II: A spectacular game, the blonde in this one is just killer. One of my favorite female characters in a side-scroller. There are multiple enemy grabs and throws they will use on you, but the lack of any voicework is a sad loss. You can try Night Slashers X, an OpenBOR mod that uses the same character model (and is an excellent game as well) if you must have that death scream when you go down: http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,2841.0.html

4. Cadillacs and Dinosaurs: Another side-scrolling beat-em-up (most on this list will be), those who are fans of Hannah from the comic will enjoy this one. Not enough good enemy throws, but there's a good variety of character animations...you can be knocked down from the front or the back, and also be pushed up against walls. For the era, that's well-nigh revolutionary. :D

5. Spider-Man The Video Game: I have a soft spot for Black Cat. This game could be better, but hey, she looks great.

6. Arabian Fight: A beat-em-up that had some very interesting ideas, the brunette in this one is very cute indeed. What a skimpy outfit! :) When you run out of lives and she falls into the foreground, it's a poignant moment. "Nooooo!"

7. Metamoqester and Monster Maulers: If you like games where you have to fight tough monsters one-on-one (and you are almost guaranteed to lose a few lives in each fight), both of these games are good. Metamoquester actually has nudity if you manage to pull off the right move (though it's hard to do) and the blonde in Monster Maulers is cute.

8. Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Man, I hate Sailor Moon crap, and most Japanese interpretations of the female form as a whole (despite the fact I lived in Japan for a year), but I have to admit this game is quite good. The girls are designed quite attractively, there's quality voice-work and a lot of animations, and the game is actually pretty challenging. Pretty much all of the thug enemies are women themselves, so there's plenty of that girl-on-girl combat that's so popular.

Anyway, that's a start, I'll post up more of my faves in due time.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Also, can you change the topic heading for this thread to something other than "Time to help?" I obviously didn't realize how much help I'd be giving on here, and the title isn't very useful. How about "Ryona Games Master List?"

Oh, and I'm a big fan of Milan Flare. Unfortunately my computer bit the dust via virus about 4 months ago, and I had to scrub the hard drive. I have the rom for Golden Axe: The Duel but I can't remember which version of the MAME emulator is actually able to play it. Can you guys tell me which one does the trick? I can't seem to figure it out, and I miss playing that silly game (it's pretty much heresy to the memory of Golden Axe, but it's fun nonetheless).

Mardion

Potential Patron
Ajstevus, any MAME above version 0.100u2 can play Golden Axe : The Duel as you can see in this page.

I see from your list that our tastes are quite different as I don't particularly like most of these 8 games, the shining exception being Guardians / Denjin Makai II which I love due to the fact that so many enemies have grab moves.

Also, did you see my first post where I recommend some games to you and ask if you have played Playstation games?

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks for the reply, Mardion, and for the link to the correct MAME version. As for Playstation games, do you mean PSX, PS2, or PS3? I have all three systems, although only my PS2 and 3 are hooked up anymore. I found the PSX to be relatively poor for ryona games, but the PS2 was terrific. However, unless you have a Japanese (or modded) PS2 you are missing out on half of the good stuff, as the Japanese had quite a few titles (particularly the Simple 2000 series) that aren't available in the States. Anyway, let me know what you're looking for and I'll see what I can dig up.

Edit: Oh, and I've played all the MAME games on the list you provided above before. That's my quest, to always be hunting out new games, and that's the reason I'm posting my list above. I only rarely come across something that's completely new to me, and I'm hoping to share what I've found with others.

Mardion

Potential Patron
That's my quest, to always be hunting out new games
We share the same quest then, I have also spent a good portion of my time seeking games which include female fighters. That's why I liked your list as some of these I didn't know, and that's why I was trying to help you, believing you hadn't played games not included in your list. My preference is in 1on1 fighters, I have played approximately 196 of them(not including wrestling and fan-made ones) and am even compiling a Tribute List containing self-taken screenshots of each of the girls. Other action/brawler games that include females are okay too, as long as there are enemies that have grabs.

I meant PS1 and I quite disagree on its ditching, there are lots of great fighting games for us in it, like my favourite of all time Kensei : Sacred Fist. Other games well worth our time include Ehrgeiz, Evil Zone, Fighter's Impact A, Goiken Muyou II, Rival Schools, Thrill Kill, Tobal 1+2, Virtual Hiryu no Ken, VS. Fighting, Wu-Tang : Taste The Pain, Yusha : Heaven's Gate... I could go on.

I haven't modded my PS2 nor plan to, but I will soon get a hold of a cutting-edge PC that should play most of its games through emulation, so I'm going to see what I've been missing out on then :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.