Ryona Games Master List (1 Viewer)

KebloGoblin

Ryonani Teamster
Funnily enough, I also have a soft spot in my heart for Golden Axe - The Duel's Milan.

Count me in as another Milan Flare fan. I remember being rather taken with her Versus screen image when I saw it in some Sega magazines back in the day. i don't recall any of her moves appealing to me in particular, but I think the game's designers nailed her design perfectly.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Count me in as another Milan Flare fan. I remember being rather taken with her Versus screen image when I saw it in some Sega magazines back in the day. i don't recall any of her moves appealing to me in particular, but I think the game's designers nailed her design perfectly.
Hehe, Milan's more famous than I imagined <3 I see where you're coming from, she's got that combination of flowing golden hair, pretty yet somewhat innocent face, and sexy outfit which shows off her great legs. There is little not to love about her design! ^_^

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
I wish they'd used Milan in a real Golden Axe game. The side-scrolling beat-em-ups are always better for ryona then the staight fighting games, if you ask me.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Well, it's not like there's something wrong with her ancestor, Tyris Flare, who stars in both the side-scroller Golden Axe and the PS3/Xbox360 game Golden Axe : Beast Rider ;-)

S

stealthz

I actually want to see the very original Tyris Flare again, no, no, not the one in Beast Rider. It just feels so much different.

unknownwatcher

Ryonani Teamster
on the ps3, there's a game called heavenly sword. lots of ryona moments in that game. my favorite moment is when nariko, the main character, fights whiptail and whiptail has three grapple moves where she uses her tail aginst you.

bobsusedgimmick

Potential Patron
Yeah, both Xbox and PS2 have a Buffy game. The best part is the xbox one at least is a really good game. Ryona wise I find it awesome that you can't be killed just by being hit or kicked. All the enemies have a finisher that they use.

White_Fox

Ryonani Teamster
Hi, i don't know if anybody here ever play this arcade game before.
It's a side scrolling beat em up where you get to choose 4 characters.
There's a blue ninja, a red ninja, a girl in white shirt/pink thong & a white hair tall guy.
All the 3 male characters (except the girl) can perform an uppercut move.
If i'm not mistaken, the name of the game is "Team Zero" or "Zero Team" or something like that...
It's a very nice game but I don't know where to find it.
Can anybody help?
Oh ya, at the very beginning of the game after you choose your character, they will ride a superbike to the scene & ram the bike to the enemy/drum.

Mardion

Potential Patron
That's either Zero Team or its sequel New Zero Team. Unfortunately, MAME doesn't support them yet, so there's no point in getting the roms at this point. If you want them, though, here are the links:

http://romhustler.net/rom/mame/6008/zero-team-set-1
http://romhustler.net/rom/mame/3132/new-zero-team

I repeat, MAME does not support these games yet, so unless you know something that I don't, it is impossible to play them.

Last edited by a moderator:

White_Fox

Ryonani Teamster
Yes! That's the game: Zero Team! Thanks for your info Mardion.
It's sad to know that it's impossible to play them but hopefully there's a solution in future.
Really looking forward to this game. Sigh...

Mardion

Potential Patron
I feel your pain, believe me. I have spotted tens of Arcade games that would be awesome to play, but which are as of yet unplayable in MAME :-/ I really wish they'd get to them sometime soon! Of course, that doesn't detract from the immense appreciation I feel towards that team, emulating is very hard work!

M

mushrooms

How about Cy Girls for the PS2? Alas, I went the xbox route (for KOTOR) so I never got to play this game...

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Cy Girls was mediocre at best. The moans were okay, but when you died it stupidly jumped to first-person perspective and your character didn't make a sound. Bleah.

RoadBuster

Ryonani Teamster
Picked up Onechanbara for the 360 recently as it was pretty cheap. So-So ryona, but the death animation on the motorcycle is pretty cool.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Really? I've always wanted to get the game for the ryona. If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with it?

Mardion

Potential Patron
Really? I've always wanted to get the game for the ryona. If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with it?

Everything.

*long pause until someone asks why*

The fact that it's part of the Simple 2000 series line speaks volumes about this game. It's got a few impressive moves so it'll get your attention at first, but it gets boring after about two minutes. The enemies are pretty much all the same, their moves are few and dull, the reactions are unrealistic as is the physics, and most important of all, after the first few minutes of gameplay, there's nothing more you have to gain from it. There aren't even any grab moves to give you a semblance of proper ryona. The enemies are repetitive (only their appearance changes) , the action never picks up, and the gameplay is not only completely linear but also forces you to only use the same cheap moves thousands of time over. My advice is to stay as far away as possible.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Much worse than other beat'em ups, even early 90s ones are better than this in my opinion - both in gameplay and in ryona. But, well, you can check some YouTube videos out and decide for yourself if you wish.

RoadBuster

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I got it for super cheap, and even then it's almost a ripoff. You can find a lot better stuff out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.