Ryona discussion! (1 Viewer)

templarart

Vivacious Visitor
I've always enjoyed seeing a powerful, sexy villainess getting her comeuppance like the Ninja girl in the original Tenchu. This evil chick wearing basically a bikini finally gets a sword in her stomach and in the final cut scene we get to watch her drag herself to her dead lover, leaving a trail of blood. Really nice.

By the way check out these 2 galleries for some cool Ryona stuff!

Fighting girls in combat or in peril - lots of deaths. (Adult site.)
http://www.sexyamazons.com

Execution, monster attack, torture, murder etc (Adult site.)
http://www.darkcomix.com

You've GOT to see Waraji on sexyamazons.com - most of his pics look like evil henchbabes from videogames getting killed. Also, Aemi on Darkcomix.com has some awesome superheroines getting tortured art. Some great stuff! :)

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
Well, I blame Street Fighter and Chun Li for my involvement with this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voBagKbBAVU
I remember being young around 5-6 and saw this clip from sailor moon, beginning at 2:40 and being quite 'interested' and with the lack of puberty, I was confused.

Later on it resurfaced when I started to watch WWE and there was the occasional Lita vs Trish match. Blood has always been a bit of a turn off but roughed up clothing is a huge turn on, thank you Soul Calibur 4 and MKvDC. I'll be honest here and say that ryona in everyday clothing is a huge turn on; whenever there is a small glimpse of it during a movie, its great.

From wiki: "Hostages who develop Stockholm syndrome often view the perpetrator as giving life by simply not taking it. In this sense, the captor becomes the person in control of the captive’s basic needs for survival and the victim’s life itself."

From my experience, I find that my favorite ryona is where the victim lays unconcious, not dead. It would be why I enjoy fighting games over guro. Video game ryona is definitely a different category over the real life ones. The idea that the lady victim takes the role of being beaten/submission'd/pinned and ultimately surrendering their ability to fight back gives a huge power trip. I suppose its kind of a softcore BSDM (it really disturbs me) and the idea of pain may lead the 'actresses' to secrete endorphins and get a euphoria similar to a runner's high. In return, us guys receive a huge power trip when an actress ultimately surrenders her body. And instead of rape or murder, I gaze and appreciate how beautiful and precious she is. Some sick and twisted love, I think I over analyzed. Crap.

Wired4Weird

Potential Patron
I remember the topic sure. Interesting - yet, not all people subject to that kind of situation would develop the same "instinct"? Or maybe it was that set of circumstances (hidding in a dark place, doing what you shouldnt) that would lead everyone to the same conclusion. What I am trying to say is that some of us - perhaps - are more susceptible than others. It may as well be possible that certain situation lead to that kind of quirk, and that all of the prerequisites have to be fulfilled in order for it to come about, on the other hand it might be a specific characteristic of an individual, perhaps something more innate (and I am not saying that a "normal" individiual wouldnt be able to develop a fetish). I am - personally - noticing that a lot of people who have a sexual fetish (and I`m using the term lously), also have a list of others. Perhaps this hypothesis is just based in the fact that they/we are more likely to search it up and find new interests.

You must have really hated PE. :P

L

Lord_Noon

On the subject of 'first experiences'...

I mentioned Tekken 2 in another thread, though I suppose my first real meeting with a ryona moment was watching an older friend play Mortal Kombat 2 on the Mega Drive (Sega Genesis if you're in the USA) and get his butt handed to him whilst playing as Mileena. I'm not sure if he had some inclination towards ryona (we drifted apart, so I never asked him), but I definitely felt...something, as the poor purple mutant ninja got kicked repeatedly in the face, then knocked off her high platform and plunged a few hundred feet to hit nothing but cold concrete below. Still one of my favourite Fatalities - it's just that little bit more brutal than the ol' spike-pit.

Anyway, looking at myself from an analytical perspective...I don't care for nudity; sexy clothing, yes, and it can be very minimal (like, Ivy from Soul Calibur minimal) but it still has to be there. Audio is important - I need to hear the moans. Death and gore, no. Blood, maybe, but only in moderation. Wrestling is very much a turn-on. And always fem-vs-fem; I don't care for men beating up women. I'd rather it be the other way around, in fact. Beyond that...my ideal scenario is usually an even or back-and-forth fight between two girls, each pushing the other to the limits of pain tolerance or consciousness, before ultimately the 'femme fatale' wins out over the cute one. I never really believe it when the tiny schoolgirl wins; those kinda girls work better as victims, in my mind. I just...I don't know, if I'm going to have a strong woman, I want her to look and behave in a manner that befits that status. Using Soul Calibur as an example again, Ivy convinces as a strong female since she has a firm voice and temperament, whereas Talim does not, since she's short and has a weak, lilting voice. I suppose it all comes down to the fact that the truly strong girls are inevitably the bad girls, and I do so love it when the villains prevail in any situation.

Yeah...not much of a psychiatrist, am I?

noice1

Potential Patron
I have to agree with Clan about there being a starting 'point' in your life that triggers this fetish. Personally, I can trace back specific fetishes to movies, television and my older brother's taste in adult magazines. The latter definitely steered some of my interests. Influences come when you are growing up, and I'm of the opinion that media can indeed influence behavior.

I did have one personal experience that I know has had an effect on me. By nature I'm more of a loner. I don't like crowds, big parties or pretending to make conversation. So naturally, the pecking order in school put me in a more obscure position (ok, just call me a nobody). One day a rather slutty, bright-blonde girl that I had gone to school with for years was apparently trying to mess with me, for laughs. At the end of one school day, as I passed by her and her clique, I felt something. Did someone just pinch my butt? The next day, it happened again, only I was walking down the hall, and it was MUCH more intentional. She made a cat call, my face probably as red as an apple.

There was another incident on the bus, a cute blonde (slutty, no doubt) was chatting with her male friends she probably drank with. Naturally the conversation steered to breasts, and for some odd reason, she made it a joke to grab my chest and squeeze...there, on me. Another strange groping.

The result? As embarrassing as it sounds, I let it feel good. I'll let speculation go from there, but if anyone read my post in the recent superheroine thread, now you know why.

I have a different story for a different fetish, but um, not sure that one's for everyone.

B

bro_goh

i have always liked male vs female wrestling, or anything close to it. for instance playing an action game where the main character is a girl and then some male enemy sneaks up on you and does a wrestling move... i dunno what it is about it. seeing girls in submission holds or set up for piledrivers by guys.

i really enjoy when the guy wins a match against a girl. getting a 3 count or submission.

i would never hurt a girl but.. y'know

Wired4Weird

Potential Patron
I read the definition for sexual fetishism awhile back and thought it was a little broad.

I agree, thats why I always use the term loosely, the definitions are hopelessly inadequate, not to mention contradictory, for example, if enough people have a certain fetish wouldnt that make the object that turns them on - a "sexual part". Definitions, conventions and normatives in this case are really weak and not at all absolute, but I think that in strictly clinical sense your fetish would be considered a proper fetish, while your (hypotethical) tendency towards blondes, is just a preference. However even the clinical, psychiatric if you will, views change with time, and circumstances, for example homosexuality was still classified as a paraphillia (DSM in the seventies). What I am saying is that tolerance and point of view changes with time.

I personally see fetishes as something positive (however consentuality, safety etc, are a must), consider them harmless (as long as they in fact are!) and dont really distinguish between them being weird or not (although naturaly some still freak me out:), but again they do have to be consentual and safe, I would also like people to have tolerance toward them (what goes on in the privacy of your bedroom...). Sure, it`s also hard to determine consentuality in certain prereferences like voyeurism, although as a pretty passive thing I still find it acceptable.

Communicating and telling people about my sexual quirks, I have never really had a zest for that, although I like to hang out with people who I am pretty sure are tolerant (or in the worst case wouldnt really care), still it comes down to the society as a whole: if youre living in a place where people live with a holier-than-thou attitude, you wont have an easy time. In my opinion its best to live in a society which doesent really care anymore about such trivialities (people who are fake tolerants are even worse than people that hold high moral regard). Still yeah, it is a pretty personal thing, although being too paranoid and secretive about it isnt really that good either

KebloGoblin

Ryonani Teamster
I've probably had a bit of a ryona fetish as far back as I can remember. There were moments when I watched cartoons as a kid, years before I even hit puberty, where I was absolutely fascinated by scenes where women found themselves in trouble.
The fetish remained with me in later years, finding another outlet in videogames.
For me, I do think it's largely a power fantasy. Also, I'm in the same boat as a lot of others here, I like seeing girls beat up or helpless, but I really don't care for gore or murder.

Last edited by a moderator:

annac

Potential Patron
For me I think alot of it stems from playing video games as a kid (mostly fighting games / rpgs). I used to find if I played a game with a female protagonist / character I'd struggle to finish it because I'd deliberately get them in trouble / beaten. I've wasted money on rubbish computer games just because of a character I might have seen in a demo / review that I liked the look of!

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I know the feeling! I always have a little trouble beating games with females in them, because I secretly want to see the ryona as I play. I haven't spent money on games I wasn't interested in though.

Mardion

Potential Patron
For me I think alot of it stems from playing video games as a kid (mostly fighting games / rpgs). I used to find if I played a game with a female protagonist / character I'd struggle to finish it because I'd deliberately get them in trouble / beaten. I've wasted money on rubbish computer games just because of a character I might have seen in a demo / review that I liked the look of!

Haha, in that respect we are very similar! I've spent lots of money in my life to play/buy games just to enjoy some ryona (in certain cases I'm still weeping for my money, like after buying Charlie's Angels for the PS2, so now I'm checking YouTube videos before buying)! Thankfully I never "succumbed" to my desire for ryona when playing a game seriously, so it was much cooler when I'd later return to certain points in the game and let myself free.

KevinFace

Ryonani Teamster
For me, ryona really started when I was playing WWE Day of Reckoning. I was using Victoria against Stacy Keibler and I had Victoria put Stacy in a "Mexican Surfboard Stretch", it had been the first time I've seen the move used on someone and it kind of turned me on so... yeah... and that move is one of the many reasons I'm kind of into ryona.

Ryona is a "curse" really, a paraphilia really... and it's kind of difficult to get rid of... and I can't get rid of it so I'm just gonna indulge in it.

DeceptionCircus

Ryonani Teamster
I truly cannot say or remember how my ryona fetish got started. I remember, as a kid, I used to get really aroused when villainesses dominated the good guys or girls. One scene that specifically comes to my mind is Xenia crushing Bond's ribcage with her thighs in Goldeneye. Another example would be Scorpina dominating the rangers in the original MMPR. I guess it wasn't a gigantic leap from there to the taste of ryona I have today. In any case, as I find myself siding with the bad guys, I still love to see villainesses defeat heroines.

After doing a bit of analysis, I'd say the thing that I like in ryona is the concept of submission. But I'll leave further pondering for some another time.

noice1

Potential Patron
For me, ryona really started when I was playing WWE Day of Reckoning. I was using Victoria against Stacy Keibler and I had Victoria put Stacy in a "Mexican Surfboard Stretch", it had been the first time I've seen the move used on someone and it kind of turned me on so... yeah... and that move is one of the many reasons I'm kind of into ryona.

I'm partial to the Camel Clutch and triangle choke, myself :in love: I still play a bit of Smackdown vs. Raw to get my Diva fix.

D

Deleted member 31

Just curious if for you guys find ryona is less... "arousing" I guess would be the best word, if it's intentional? I've noticed that games like Rumble Roses (which is a game that pretty much caters to the ryona crowd) doesn't really appeal to me because it feels kind of goofy and forced. While for some reason if it seems like the ryona in a game is completely unintentional it hits me ten times harder.
I only came across this post now but you nailed it.That stuff that tries to hard to be sexy isn't up my alley. Funny enough, for me, I prefer when the girls have less skin showing (I'll take Taki's sexy tights over the generic chick in the bikini).

D

Deleted member 31

I eventually realized that I liked seeing girls in a vulnerable & exhausted state [more so when their opponent is another female; even more if she's facing herself. You can see that I'm a fan of double K.O.s as well as the normal K.O.s due to that. :)] But it took longer for me to be comfortable about it like I am now. It wasn't exactly your "normal" fetish and it sorta revolved around violence against women in the fantasy standpoint. Most people take that the wrong way, so I just sorta kept it to myself. No way could there really be people who enjoy the same little thing that I do.
You nailed it, that's why I think I like ryona so much too.

catpurr69

Ryonani Teamster
I find it amusing how similar my ryona fetish background is to some of you here. I have a really long gaming background all the way back to the days where characters were bunch of pixels and almost everything was to the players imagination. Often, I would let my character to get beat up by preferably female opponents (eg. anyone remember babes with whips in Double Dragon). Or I would play with female and also deliberately get her in the trouble. Outfits are also very important aspect as I have a fetish for females in tight conforming clothing. But, I have to say that I dislike any real life violence and it's fun for me only if it's staged and imaginary and nobody gets hurt.

C

can.it.88

K, third time trying to sit and write this....
Like catpurr69, Double Dragon is the first earliest instance I can remember of getting into this whole topic.
The next instance I can recall is from Resident Evil 2. Seeing and hearing Claire get owned by dirty, diseased zombies really did something for me.
This doesn't seem to be so common from what I've read, but I'm into the death/knockout ryona. Maybe it's because it's usually the sound that really does it for me, and most games focus the most powerful sounds at that time (see Resident Evil 2), or in some case the animations being their most intense (see Ayane grasp at air in Tenchu). Maybe because it's almost like a climax of sorts; it's the end result being built up to...

That being said, similarly to everyone else, I have to say that while this is a fetish I seem to have, I don't enjoy the thought of actual physical violence. I have a difficult time even being somewhat dominating over a girl if/when asked to be...

annac

Potential Patron
I only came across this post now but you nailed it.That stuff that tries to hard to be sexy isn't up my alley. Funny enough, for me, I prefer when the girls have less skin showing (I'll take Taki's sexy tights over the generic chick in the bikini).

Same for me. I prefer it a bit less in my face and find more clothes can be a bigger turn on. Even better is slightly revealing or battle damaged/torn clothes!

oceansfiftynine

Potential Patron
I am pretty certain when my ryona fetish started... the Wonder Woman series on TV, specifically, the Zardor episode 2 fight scene, when there is in quick succession, a bearhug, a slap, a chokehold and an attempt to crush her with a big rock. I think I must've been 5. I was incredibly turned on.... and then it was all downhill from there.... So its been awhile for me...

Thereafter, it was kept alive by a variety of media... comic books (Power Girl, WW under Perez had some great ryona) , TV/movies (whenever a bondage/ryona moment came on I'd sit up - unnoticed, of course), video games (Streets of rage, Golden axe, Alien storm). It was pretty dormant but it got a serious kick when a friend and I managed to get Urotsukidoji the Japanese anime on tape in the early 90s... man that was crazy, took it to a whole new level. And now of course all of them came back in a big way with Youtube.

What I DON'T like :

1. Blood/heavy bruising
2. Decapitations/Guro
3. Cutesy outfits like school girls
4. Weak / skinny / emaciated girls
5. Power rangers are ok but only if their helmets are OFF. Can't get turned on by a helmet, sorry.

DO like (random and probably incomplete):
1. Tentacles - especially if they're squirming INSIDE and UNDER a superheroine's costume. :P
2. Superheroines (natch) - WW, PG, Psylocke are my big 3.
3. DOA/SC girls
4. Al Rio's art - esp the Jungle Girl series - anyone know where I can find it? I broke my HD and lost a lot of stuff...
5. Bondage without the crazy gear, leather, balls, straps etc. - a basic spreadeagled position is still probably the best - like Rachel in Ninja Gaiden. :)
6. Heck I even like SHC and HH stuff some times...

On the psychology of it -

1. I agree with Clan that if its too overt, I have to struggle to like it. RR is exactly what comes to mind. SC and DOA are a lot easier to like.
2. I like my females to be powerful - but they are overcome not by overconfidence or a gang of weak villains but by A SERIOUSLY WAY MORE POWERFUL villain or group of villains... that's why losing to the big boss in level games was such a big turn on... :)
3. I've also speculated on my proximity to strong females in my life - 2 older sisters, no real fatherly or brotherly presence.
4. as I've mentioned elsewhere on this forum, my wife knows about this part of me and she gave me a pretty strange insight of the psychology which I hope is true - I am deeply empathetic to people, especially women, and this plays a big part in it. i.e. identifying with the pain/humiliation/exhaustion/arousal. She points out that the "bodice-ripper" genre of romance novels is a big part of female fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.