Remothered: Tormented Fathers (1 Viewer)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
A New third Person Survival Horror game had been greenlit in Steam called "Remothered: Tormented Fathers" , It Feature a playable Female Character that plays the Role of a Classy Mature Middle-Aged woman ( That is New and great thing ) who goes into a lot of perils an horrors to discover and investigate the disappearance of several girls

The game play has no gunplay , it heavly revolves around the "Stalker" gameplay mechanic , and when one of the Stalkers grabs you it then switch to QTE Events where you either die or escape it , The Trailer have some nice Ryona QTE Events it it

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Whelp, that is an automatic purchase, lol. Hoping for some decent voice acting for the ryona scenes. I am a big fan of strangles and they are rare in videogames, but it looks like there are quite a few between the vid you posted and this announcement vid:

So that's cool. Just hope the actress has some good sounds for those scenes. Not just the generic moaning that we usually get.

But yeah, I will be getting this. Like you said, a middle-aged woman as the protag is pretty unique and the fact it's a 3rd person survival horror means I have to support it. Hopefully it's also a decent game.

carl_fennin

Swell Supporter
Interesting... I'll keep an eye on this for sure. It's pretty rare to play as a middle-aged female character in a video game. There is some potential here for some good ryona moments based on those two videos.

carl_fennin

Swell Supporter
Apparently, a beta version of the game has been put out there with several full beta playthroughs on YouTube uploaded. I skimmed a few of them, but only noticed two game over scenes. One with her getting a sickle struck through the center of her face and another where she's sliced through her right arm from behind. I'm not sure if there's more than that, but it is a beta version of the game afterall. Not sure how the beta is obtainable for those interested.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Yeah, there was a beta demo that you could sign up for. I am pretty sure I got all the possible deaths. Just finished splicing them together into a video. Here is a link:

Remothered Beta Deaths.avi

Interested to see the amount of deaths the final game has. This is a decent amount for just a beta.

carl_fennin

Swell Supporter
Ah, so there are more than I thought. Thanks for making that video. Gotta say, my favorite in the video being 0:19 to 0:30. It looks like there's a clear indentation in the character model's face of where the sickle struck with the left eye seeming to be destroyed which is a nice detail. The only game that comes to mind that did character face destruction detail was The Evil Within. The twitching with her mouth agape is a fine touch, too.

Sure, the models aren't great and it looks kind of janky, but it still does something for me. I do look forward to more as the final version comes out. I'd hope they'd add more of her twitching and I'm interested to see if they do any more detailed destruction on her face. Again, thanks Rag40 for the video.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
No problem.

Yeah, the twitching was a nice touch along with the eye rolling. Wish more games included such details. I want to see what that red priestess lady does as her killing moves.

Also, I am glad that there are environmental deaths added in as well. Should make for a nice variety in the full game. We'll see how it turns out, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.